• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WWYD - Selling a contract

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be listing it with Judi in June, because I don't want a sale to mess up my RCI exchange in July. Otherwise, I'd list it today.

It is EOY even and I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and use the 2016 points myself, or if it would be better to have them available to buyer. I think it is unlikely that it would get a buyer in time for the transfer to go through for them to use the points, unless it sells right away - which I don't expect. If it gets too late in the year, I'll need to pay to rescue the points and I really don't want to do that. However, I am thinking buyers wouldn't want to wait until 2018 for points, either.

WWYD?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be listing it with Judi in June, because I don't want a sale to mess up my RCI exchange in July. Otherwise, I'd list it today.

It is EOY even and I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and use the 2016 points myself, or if it would be better to have them available to buyer. I think it is unlikely that it would get a buyer in time for the transfer to go through for them to use the points, unless it sells right away - which I don't expect. If it gets too late in the year, I'll need to pay to rescue the points and I really don't want to do that. However, I am thinking buyers wouldn't want to wait until 2018 for points, either.

WWYD?

Why would it mess up an RCI Exchange?

If you price it competitivly, someone might want to buy it ASAP, the real question you need to ask yourself is how much are you going to list it for, and how much will you net after the sale and all the comission and whatnot. You do realize that TUG Marketplace might be a less expensive sales option.. I think (although someone can jump in) that you get a free ad as a member....

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would it mess up an RCI Exchange?

It will be the last true HGVC contract in my account. The main account will go poof and I don't trust that my RCI exchange will stay there.

I contacted HGVC resales about having them list my contract. They told me to use Judi. I don't care if I get any money at all. I just don't want to do any work. That is why I use resale agents when I have something that they will take.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you list it in bargain basement. .. you can get rid of it in a few days probably if it is a worthwhile points contract. . The closing company can take care of everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it would be a wash. If you pay to rescue the points that sale will be a higher dollar, but only marginally, because the new owner would have only a short time to use it.

FWIW, from my perspective, I usually buy only EOY and I usually buy them now for a future use, so I don't lose usage of the current points.

So for example, right now I am (semi) looking for a Hyatt biennial 2018 use (which is really odd use 2017 since points are issued 1 year prior) I would not be looking for any EOY with 2016 points because those are already short time points since the booking window for 2016 points has been open for some time already. 2017 use or later would be the only ones on my radar.

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score

WWYD?

What is WWYD? How many points and maintenance fees?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I would list it later in 2016 so the new owner would not have to pay club fees for 2016. If its a new owner they will pay club fees every year on an eoy. You can advertise their first usage is 2017 since they can borrow. Closing in October is the sweet spot IMO, no fee and plenty of time to book a club season for the following summer.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That's a tough call with a mid year listing for an EOY deed.

Intuitively i would think a unit with points available is more attractive than one with no points for a year or more... But your right in reality it would need to sell quickly for it to close in-time for usage.

maybe just use them, and delay the listing slightly like Smithop suggested.. Otherwise I think i would plan to rescue the points, so the buyer has usage

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am going to use the 2016 points and list it later in the year.