• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WSJ New Maintenance Person Article

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Go to "News" On MSC to read about the new head of maintenance at WSJ. Sounds like they're going to do some serious work and put in new carpet.

https://www.mystarcentral.com/newsletter/v2_i9/johnqa.jsp?IM=enews_news_v2_i9_johnqa

You will need to have a MSC account to see this article. Funny, they just hired a head of engineering last year (or so) -James Dalmida {sp?} - I wonder if this a replacement. I also wonder if this guy responds to email - James did not.

Most the villas are going to be refurbished - which is ongoing. Hopefully they will also fix things not so obvious - like loose plumbing for the shower fixtures in our 2nd Bd, or a better venting for the dryer.

Meet the New Maintenance
Dream Team Leader
The Westin St. John Resort & Villas Welcomes New Chief Engineer
September 2008

John C. Lombardi, Sr., recently joined the staff at The Westin St. John Resort & Villas as chief engineer. John was previously the chief engineer and director of facilities for Belleview Biltmore Golf & Spa Resort in Clearwater, Florida and has owned a construction remodeling company. He now lives on St. John, but has four grown children and seven grandchildren in Florida.

Q: You just arrived at the resort in July. What is your overall assessment of this AAA Three Diamond resort?

A: The resort is very nice and it's a gorgeous location. I think the villas are spaciously laid-out, but require some maintenance and attention.

Q: Have you identified any immediate engineering goals?

A: Yes, our team is going through the process of reviewing every individual villa and—without disturbing the guests—designing a plan to complete both minor tweaks and major efforts on the units.

Q: What is the biggest challenge facing the resort's engineering department?

A: The lack of readily available materials. Being on St. John, we must import the bulk of our items from Puerto Rico and Florida. There are no airports here, so everything arrives by boat. The process is never as fast as we'd like it to be.

Q: What differences will Owners notice the next time they visit?

A: First and foremost, Owners will see that maintenance and upkeep will have greatly improved. We are 100 percent committed to proactively answering the call for maintenance and surpassing our guests' expectations.

Q: Will there be noticeable improvements to the appearance of the villas or the complimentary mid-week tidy?

A: Yes, we're currently putting together a schedule of preventative maintenance procedures, like replacing light bulbs, repairing loose carpet and clearing drains. We know that it's the little things that add up to make an Owner's vacation a great experience.

Q: Do you have a team in place to execute on your new plan of action?

A: Yes, we have a very capable team who will soon be enhanced with additional training. We're all very much in this together and excited to enact the new procedures.

Q: Is there anything else you'd like to add?

A: Yes, Owners should know that when they walk into a villa, everything should work. At the end of the day, I am very customer-oriented and want to keep Owners happy. Our maintenance team will do everything possible to enhance an Owner's stay.