• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wow you have been an owner for a long time

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I bought a resale bay club late last year and that was originally deeded in 1997.. when I went to get my "parking pass" they were amazed. . Said "Wow you have been an owner for a long time" shook my hand and asked me where I bought. . U feigned forgetfulness since I travel so much...

Just a funny tidbit from my day to lighten the mood. . Anyone else buying resale been confused for original owner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
That hasn't happened with HGVC, but it always does with Worldmark.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I bought a resale bay club late last year and that was originally deeded in 1997.. when I went to get my "parking pass" they were amazed. . Said "Wow you have been an owner for a long time" shook my hand and asked me where I bought. . U feigned forgetfulness since I travel so much...

Just a funny tidbit from my day to lighten the mood. . Anyone else buying resale been confused for original owner?

That's funny, did you get an extra perk or just the hand shake.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has happened a few times to me ... just take it for what it is worth ... usually no money is involved ... but know the difference when money is involved ... :ignore:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's funny, did you get an extra perk or just the hand shake.
Just a handshake with a expression of shock and awe.. they didn't invite me to a owners update. . So if this helps me get out of those invites in the future. . That is a huge perk.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We actually have owned since 1996...never had anyone at HGVC comment on how long we've owned...we're named on the owner's board at HGVC Flamingo it was so long ago..

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
This happens to me too

Each time I go to an "update" they pull the records and make a similar comment. They are looking at the record showing what the previous owner paid for each of the units.

I bought all three resale on ebay more recently. However HIVC HICV records go back to the mid-1990s seeing the original owners. This is the pricing that they use to try to upgrade me to a hefty new package. However, when I reveal what I actually paid, they are surprised.

Then the price that they offer me comes down, but not so much as to tempt me to buy from them! ;)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hivc = holiday inn vacation club?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I bought at Bay Club in 1996. Converted to HGVC later in 2000. Bought SeaWorld Resale in 2000, and they still show my original purchase dates for both as 1996.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a handshake with a expression of shock and awe.. they didn't invite me to a owners update. . So if this helps me get out of those invites in the future. . That is a huge perk.

I guess that counts for something, unless you love the updates...:hysterical:

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I purchased a resale The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort earlier this year. In looking at my ownership contract information on the HGVClub website it has a purchase date of 1996 on my contract on my club account which is I assume when the owner I purchased from purchased it (it was an original owner). I have a reservation there next March so I guess I will see if they make any comments about how long I have owned then. Will try to not look surprised if they do now. My Scotland affiliate that I purchased last year also has an older date (2003) on it as well.