• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WOW my Wyn MF's WENT DOWN!?

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm reading this wrong but was interested to see how bad they are going to nail me this year with an increase.

Any to my complete shock my overall portfollio for 2012 went DOWN! I don't know all the in and outs of everything but I do know what the bottom line bill states and I went down some.

I know it will be asked so I have 3 at Williamsburg and 1 at Pagosa all annual contracts. 1 is UDI the other 3 are F/DS bought resale. Program fees stayed the same and HOA fees went down.

Never thought I would ever see this happen.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I'm sure I'm reading this wrong but was interested to see how bad they are going to nail me this year with an increase.

Any to my complete shock my overall portfollio for 2012 went DOWN! I don't know all the in and outs of everything but I do know what the bottom line bill states and I went down some.

I know it will be asked so I have 3 at Williamsburg and 1 at Pagosa all annual contracts. 1 is UDI the other 3 are F/DS bought resale. Program fees stayed the same and HOA fees went down.

Never thought I would ever see this happen.

If the Williamsburg is Kingsgate I think they just finished a three year SA, so that would explain a decrease.

Last edited:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the Williamsburg is Kingsgate I think they just finished 1 three year SA, so that would explain a decrease.

Yes it is but I thought the SA was a one time increase in the $200 range or something like that. I paid it on one contract but not the other 2.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
The Kingsgate assessment was over at least one, maybe two years ago.

p.s. Just double checked my records, the SA at Kingsgate was 2006-2008.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
some of my wyndham weeks went down a little some up a little. The one I was worried about (I own 6 weeks there) went up just 1%...Im happy this year

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the other major t/s companies will follow suit for 2013 mf's.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe the other major t/s companies will follow suit for 2013 mf's.

T/S companies don't set MFs, the POA/HOAs do. Wyndham has nothing to do with whatever decrease the OP is seeing.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
scare me half to death there...the SA was some time ago...

funny thing...nobody can believe good news...

Sorry - I didn't mean to.:eek:

I just thought I remembered reading that they were just finishing up an SA for renovations.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Last edited:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just happy that I already have a pretty low MF per 1k and thought for sure they would go up. I wanted to check to see what kind of hit I was going to take and like I said they actually went down.

With all the bad things I normally read about Wyn (and yeah I have some bad things to say too) was just really really shocked to see it actually go down! :cheer:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, re-read Sandy's explanation. It's not that "costs went down". It's a consequence of the way accounting changed for converted fixed weeks between 2010 and 2011.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you find out what next year's assessments will be? We haven't received our statement yet and it isn't online. Does anyone have information for Nottingham Villas, FF Bay, Smoky Mtns or Vegas yet?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did you find out what next year's assessments will be? We haven't received our statement yet and it isn't online. Does anyone have information for Nottingham Villas, FF Bay, Smoky Mtns or Vegas yet?

If you log in to your Wyndham account and go to Financial Services-> Club Wyndham Plus Assessments->Printed Statements you should see your 2012 info.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting...my assessment from Smoky Mountains went up exactly $100. They must have made that number up!

. . . or just made it easier by rounding to an even number?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Is smokey Mountains UDI?

I could see them rounding up an projection for 2013, but I can't see them rounding up a UDI 2012 actual.

If it is UDI it just must be coincidence.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my statement in the mail today and our total went up 12 cents this year. I guess I won't complain especially since at our last update, the lip moving salesman told us that the maint fees would be going up by 10-15% :hysterical: (he wanted us to buy into that new program). Maybe we misundertood him and he really meant 10-15 cents not percent. ;)

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! We own a Kingsgate contract as well (203K points) and it would be nice to see the fees go down.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
My flagstaff went down a few dollars as well. Yay!:cheer:

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
My total increased by about 3%. This is better than the last couple of years.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just received the 2012 statement. Ours went up roughly 5.8% at Myrtle Beach Westwinds.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uggggggggggggggggggggggggg just found a SA for my Pagosa contract so in reality my 2012 fees are higher than 2011. Should have known it was too good to be true!

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Wyndham MF went up about 5.15%, i projected 10% a year, so i'm not too upset....But of course the smaller the Increase every year, the larger the chance at a big SA in less then 10 years

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My Wyndham MF went up about 5.15%, i projected 10% a year, so i'm not too upset....But of course the smaller the Increase every year, the larger the chance at a big SA in less then 10 years

True Dat! Hopefully a slower economy will slow down the MF increases.