• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WOW - Lots of nasty on FB about RCI and II

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. I think II is shameful in their tactics in this crisis. I lost two great weeks, Aruba SurfClub and Ko Olina both two bedrooms, that have been put into Flexchange. And they reverted back to studios even though I had paid to upgrade them both to two bedroom units. And the I only have till December to use them (at 30 days out). What a waste!! And I do have Marriott insurance. They only cover you if you are sick with the Coronavirus, not if the resort or the location is closed down. What a pitiful way to treat members that have been paying them, and really overpaying them, for so many years. I wish I never gave them any of my weeks.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given all of these Getaway certificates, AC's, and redeposited points -- all of which need to be used during 2020 -- there will be intense competition for exchange weeks the second half of this year. Many exchangers are going to find themselves disappointed for a second time. It will be like musical chairs -- there won't be enough chairs to go around.

icydog and vacationtime1....
Great comments and observation

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my Aruba Ocean Club June 6 trip a few days go and was able to deposit the week, which I own, into II. Good through 6.15.2022. I also cancelled my May 4 trip to the Pulse in NYC. Rebooked to November 2.

i received credit from AA for the June trip. I have a planed trip to Breckinridge in July and may use it for this. No problem rebooking with Delta for the November trip and actually received ff points and dollars back.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the smaller exchange companies doing? In the old days, DAE treated its members and resorts much better on such involuntary closures, but of course the RCI borg now owns DAE.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
What are the smaller exchange companies doing? In the old days, DAE treated its members and resorts much better on such involuntary closures, but of course the RCI borg now owns DAE.

Resistance is futile?