• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Would You Work for Nothing at Disney? 10,000 Superfans Applied

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Would You Work for Nothing at Disney? 10,000 Superfans Applied

By Tariro Mzezewa / Travel / The New York Times / nytimes.com / Jan. 8, 2020

“At 7:30 in the morning on a recent Saturday, 14 people gathered on the 10th floor of Disney’s Riviera Resort in Orlando, Fla., at the Topolino’s Terrace restaurant. The resort would open in two days, and this group had been among the first to experience it — a treat for many, but especially for this collection of self-described Disney superfans.

These 14 adults — a mix of stay-at-home moms, young professionals without children and middle-aged parents from across the country — aren’t just Disney fans. They are now considered experts.

They beat out more than 10,000 other applicants to become members of the 2020 Disney Parks Moms Panel, a website where people planning to go on a Disney cruise, or visit a Disney park or Disney Vacation Club in the United States, can ask questions and get responses from these experts. The company will announce the panelists on Wednesday morning. Eleven of this year’s new panelists are women, three are men and two are not parents. The panel also has an additional 28 panelists returning from previous years....”

CE29930D-6718-4D20-85F2-9BC3422211D4.jpeg

During their training at Disney World in December, panelists received tours of some Disney resorts.
Photo Credit...Tariro Mzezewa/The New York Times

Hemlock65

Reaction score
I would love to be part of the Disney Mom’s Panel! I love to help people plan Disney trips. The position also includes a free Disney trip for the panelist and 3 family members.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not impressed. What? Disney doesn’t make enough money to pay people.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't know about this panel, but I know people who are serious Disney fans, bordering on obsession. A coworker is one. She is a MAJOR Disney fan, and told me she wants her husband to get transferred with his employer to a location in Anaheim, just so she can volunteer or work at a Disney park. :shrug:

Dave

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Heck, the TS gurus here on TUG work, helping others, for free.
So, having set the example...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Heck, the TS gurus here on TUG work, helping others, for free.
So, having set the example...

So True!
When you love something, it is enjoyment, not work. As long as you have the time, and don’t need that time to work to earn money to support your family, the experiences that you love to do for free are priceless.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Back about 10 years ago I contemplated doing this. Then a friend pointed out that all my knowledge was really about "working the system". It was true....I decided that they probably would kick my butt to the curb for all the work arounds I knew, so I took a pass.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
When I was in college I wanted to work at Disneyland part time while I was going to school. Would I have done it for free? Nope.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A friend of mine always said she would like to be a character at Disney or more so in Williamsburg in retirement.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
DH’s DD is a Disney fanatic did a slave labor tour in Florida with Disney skipping a semester of college, returned to California after 6 months and it took her years to get hired in California. Has a college degree now and works for minimum wage at Disney in guest relations. We don’t get the Disney appeal, but to each his own.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Busch Garden and Colonial Williamsburg are always looking for good actors and actresses for their productions.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Disney but don't think I know and/or absorb the knowledge I would need to "know".

I think this is a great hobby if it's your passion and you have the time to invest in it. Perhaps if I had a little more time - a nice volunteer gig.