• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Would you go Cabos in August?

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
We have reservation coming up at westin los cabos on 8/1, wonder has anyone been there recently? do you feel safe to go?

thanks

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
At this point we're not going anywhere. You had better check whether or not you can even get into Mexico. There has been talk they'd like to close the borders, and in fact the one between Arizona and Sonora has been closed.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The facebook pages for Villa Group has posts from people in Cabo right now. It looks fine.

Bill

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be concerned about being able to cross the borders. I think Americans will be stuck inside our own country for quite some time....
We had thought about Cancun in October (had a reservation for mid-May which was cancelled; this is from a preview package purchased in late fall 2017, LOL!) but now who knows.

#youcannotplanduringapandemic

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
The border is open. Flights are happening from LA to Cabo everyday.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m flying down August 30. I was just talking to a friend Yesterday who is driving down south of Ensenada today to go fishing.

With all the rioting here, Mexico is likely safer.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be very careful on the plane, airport. In a timeshare you do not have to eat at a restaurant if you do not want. Enjoy!

These are posted on Tripadvisor for Westin Lagunamar:

Fantastic stay!
I was a bit nervous about travel during Covid, but the hotel took the situation with extreme caution and care. Temperature checks were mandatory, including the staff. The face shields were prevalent. The hotel did a wonderful job of removing chairs from the pool, tables from the restaurant, and ensuring the entire experience was as safe as possible.

Compared to where I live, the precautions were a nice change. Each restaurant on or off property took similar measures, making the trip stress free.

I wanted to start there, because I know that others have reviewed the view, food, staff, and location. All of which are amazing. I just felt that if you were on the fence about travel, this hotel needs to be at the top of your list for a safe and relaxing experience.
Read less

So glad we kept our trip
We second guessed coming for this trip as we were traveling from the US and we naturally concerned about safety traveling during this pandemic. But we are so glad we came. We honestly feel safer and feel like everyone here is doing everything they can to provide a safe and still welcoming experience to Cancun. This is not our first visit to Lagunamar and it is definitely different but that’s just 2020 I guess. From the airport, to the hotel, grocery store and multiple restaurants off property we feel totally safe here. From multiple temperature checks, sanitizing of luggage and shoes, the masks, face shields and gloves of every server we have encountered and everyone just keeping their distance in the pool and resort we are so glad we didn’t cancel. Looking forward to our next visit!
Read less

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Be sure to tip for good service. That is their primary source of income. The employees have really struggled the past few months.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I was told by some employees that only 45-50% occupancy will be allowed for the rest of 2020.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Lagunamar only

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
I am planning on going to Cabo mid-August. The resort informed us they will be at 40% capacity. We are flying Alaska Air with no middle seats. I saw an article yesterday (no source-sorry) that said the airport arrivals were less than 10% of pre-pandemic levels, so not a lot of tourists around. While we might not be spending a lot of time on bus excursions with groups of people right now I feel pretty comfortable going. Of course, that all may change in a month. Or a day.

Have a great trip. Be safe!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We're going to Lagunamar in August based on first-hand feedback I received from a colleague at work who stated basically he felt safer from COVID in Mexico than in the States.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Since OP asked specifically about going to Cabo, I want to share my daughter & son-in-law's experience of flying from LAX to Cabo on Alaska Airlines two weeks ago. Everything about the flight, Cabo airport, trip to their resort (Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach), and their week's stay went perfectly. They felt totally safe and all safety protocols were being followed everywhere. There weren't a lot of people there but I've read that the number of visitors is picking up. Our other daughter joined them for the last three days of their stay and she had a similar great experience flying in from San Diego.

David Yuan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV
WLRx3
HRA
WKORVN-OF
HGVC Elarax3
Ok, with things getting bad in CA, I think we are leaning towards not going...thanks all!