• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

would love more information about Royal Haciendas

Reaction score
We are planning on renting at the Roy al Haciendas. We almost always stay at the Grand Mayan with our kids. We prefer GM in Nuevo over RM. However, we love the town of Playa Del Carmen. do the unit in Royal Haciendas have washers and dryers in them? What size is the fridge? Is the ocean swimmable over there? Nice beach? The Grand Mayan in RM does not have a swimmable ocean. How many restaurants do they have? Lots of activities for kids/tweens? Any information would be greatly appreciated. It looks like a fantastic resort in a great location.
Thank you!

sstug

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't stayed at RH but have visited and toured the villas several times

You can get a lot of the info you're looking for from the website. In the photo gallery theres is a good picture of the kitchen (fulle size fridge) and under villas ther are floor plans. None of the royals have washer/dryers in the units, but there is an onsite guest laundry for a small fee. The virtual tour has a good 360 degree view of the beach.

I'm sure others who have stayed there will have more personal experience to share but this should get you started.

http://www.royalresorts.com/the-royal-haciendas.asp

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are staying in a full villa the refrigerator is full size. There is not a washer/dryer in the unit. There is a laundry facility and you can pay a minimal amount for them to do it for you. There are activities for children but since my children are adults I have not paid very close attention. The beach is swimmable. There are 2 poolside restaurants, 1 restaurant called La Palapa and an upscale restaurant called Los Murales. Honestly the poolside restaurants are ok for lunch the other two are mediocre. The food at all the Cancun Royal Resorts is excellent, it is not at the Haciendas. We go into Playa every night for dinner. In fact we will be there in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
I agree that La Palapa is mediocre and the pool bars serve good lunches or appetizers. However, we actually had a pretty good meal at Los Murales one time when we did not feel like going in to Playa. Playa has many good restaurants, so you may want to plan frequent dinners off-site.

I've seen postings for children's activities, but it did not apply to us at the time. One thing that is a good activity given the correct conditions is renting a Hobie Cat sailboat. You'll also find that there are good youth/family activities off-site like Xcaret, Xel-Ha, and various snorkeling locations.

Mike

buceo

Reaction score
We only get there every other year, but have had great meals at Los Murales.

You are also north of town there, not a walk unless you want a long one; $10 cab ride (unless it has increased).

kenie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually took the last shuttle into Playa and then cabbed it back.
So many great restaurants to choose from and we liked wandering around 5th
Avenue after diner.

We're going to do 2 weeks at the Royal Sands next year instead of the Haciendas but we'll really miss the Haciendas. :bawl: We just love it there.

We did a week at the Grand Luxxe last May. The Luxxe is much more upscale than the Haciendas but we actually felt isolated there. We had just spent 2 weeks at the Haciendas though...

SDMiller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look on www.Trip Advisor.com for reviews of the resort and some great pictures. You will love the resort just large enough but still intimate and fun for family members. We too catch the free shuttle into town and eat dinner, drinks and walk the town. A cab back is around $11. Wish we were going in 2013, but have other plans :bawl:

Enjoy!

SD

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything in the main kitchen that is part of either the 1 bedroom suite or the 2 bedroom villa is full-sized, and there's also a mini-kitchenette off the second lockoff bedroom.

The best restaurant is on the terrace of your very own villa, so be sure to check out the well-stocked mini-market on site and very good take-out available in a corner of the resort's restaurant. The ribs and mexican rice and soup and guacamole are especially good, and the rotisserie chicken is pretty big; we make one meal out of sliced chicken, and then pick off the meat for fajitas and cook the bones and skin for soup, just like at home.

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading to RH next week (Nov. 19th) so I'll will try to report back our observations either onsite or soon after our return. This will be our first visit to RH and the Playa area after a few years of staying at the Tri-Royals in Cancun. Going in, I'm thinking I'll miss the convenience of having three resorts side-by-side but also looking forward to checking out PDC and all it has to offer as well. And to the OP, we have two children (4yrs and 8yrs) so I'll try to report back on the kids activities. I know they were kept pretty busy and happy on our previous trips to the Tri's so I'm hoping/thinking the same will be true at RH.

Last edited:

Mike&Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Radmoo
My wife and I will be at The Royal Haciendas wk10. We'll be in D226. Should be an older couple from Denver there also. Maybe we'll share a van. We should arrive at the airport about 2:00Pm.

Mike

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
we haven't booked flights as they fares are sky high right now. I looked a few weeks back but we hadn't booked our week as yet so I'm waiting it out to see if Jet Blue drops anytime soon. Last year we booked and then fares dropped and we got substantial Jet Blue credit.

funsun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 10 at Royal Hacienda

We will be there, too, beginning with Week 9. This will be our fifth visit, and our first two-week stay. We also own weeks with MVC in West Palm Beach.
We are in unit G453. I am still not sure if it pays to book flights early or not. We got burned one year by waiting too long, but in another year, we had friends who got a better deal by waiting. So I booked a direct flight - already paid for, so that's a plus!
Maybe those of us that are going to be there can meet by one of the bars during happy "hour"!

vacationcrazy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at Royal Hacienda beginning December 3rd. for 7 days
Any other tuggers going to be there?
Deb