• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

would like to buy more points

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
i own 4800 1 bd on las vegas karen hotel, and i wanted to buy another EOY 3,400 in vegas too ..
cause i mainly use points and 4800 isn't enough on some years not every year that's why i want an EOY deed
my questions is :
1- will i pay one club fees every year?$140
2- will i pay the hilton transfer fees $399 after the closing ?
3- will i be able to borrow points from the EOY ?
4- is it a good idea?
5- i will pay the maintenance fees only on the usage year right?
the main reason am afraid of the EOY deed that.. its very hard to get rid of it.. if i wanted too
Thanks

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
1.) Yes. You will combine your membership into one account and only have the one annual club fee.

2.) Yes. You will pay several one time fees to Hilton when you buy a resale contract.

3.) You can borrow the points to use the year prior. If you have 2017 points, they can be borrowed and used in 2016.

4.) It sounds like it could be a good idea. Normally, I don't suggest the EOY contracts because you can't do a bank and borrow for a giant vacation as easily as with an annual, but since you already have an annual, that won't be an issue for you.

5.) Hilton primarily only bills on the use year. There are some affiliates that bill half of the total each year.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
the main reason am afraid of the EOY deed that.. its very hard to get rid of it.. if i wanted too

Only if you are trying to get rid of it for too much money. Many people would take it for free (including me!). So it's a matter of your expectation of what you'd "get rid of it for" one day. In general, however, your statement is true.

Your 4,800 1BR is a platinum unit. I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell that for a pretty good price and then buy a platinum 7,000 point unit at the Strip for $6,000 and have MF's of $787. That's only $150 more than you're paying for your 1BR now. So your MF/point ratio would go down from your current $0.133 cents/point to $0.112 cents/point. That's a 15% reduction in your MF/point ratio. I don't know what you can get for your 1BR but perhaps it would be at least half of what you'd need to spend on the new 2BR.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arent the $399 hgvc registration or something like that? Why i pay it again ? I already paid it when i bought mu first deed?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Arent the $399 hgvc registration or something like that? Why i pay it again ? I already paid it when i bought mu first deed?
There are two separate fees. The transfer fee is paid for each week that you buy -- that is to transfer and record the deed. The club setup fee is only paid to set up your membership. Since you are already an owner, you would not pay that second fee for the extra week that you buy.

Kurt

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)
now the offer that i have is for 1br EOY HGVC on the strip ODD years 3500 for $500 include closing and resort fees and everything....
is it a good deal?
if i wanted to sell it will bring me any money back?
i decided to buy it ... but wanted to know if my decision is right? or i will regret it in the future when i try to buy it or give it for free?
thanks

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)
now the offer that i have is for 1br EOY HGVC on the strip ODD years 3500 for $500 include closing and resort fees and everything....
is it a good deal?
if i wanted to sell it will bring me any money back?
i decided to buy it ... but wanted to know if my decision is right? or i will regret it in the future when i try to buy it or give it for free?
thanks

Hi

Firstly did you buy at the boulevard(the strip), at karen ave or the flamingo? 3500 points dones not equal any unit on the strip, but is does however match a 2br at Karen ave or at the flamingo both in silver season.

If it's silver season that may be the reason why it was so cheap. You need to check if it really is 3500 points? Maybe you wrote a typo and meant 3.400 point in gold season.

If you did buy a 3.500 points you may have a hard time getting rid of it again, since it's in silver season and 2br.

Good or bad deal you are the only one that can answer that. What works for you may not work for me. If you are happy I wouldn't care what others think.

regards

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am sorry i typed it wrong
I bought on las vegas boulevard ,Its 3400 1 br gold season on the strip odd years thats what wrote in the contract
And i will wait till i see thr estopel too
So is it hard to resell?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
There are two separate fees. The transfer fee is paid for each week that you buy -- that is to transfer and record the deed. The club setup fee is only paid to set up your membership. Since you are already an owner, you would not pay that second fee for the extra week that you buy.

Kurt

When I sold my SeaWorld week this year, the new owner (an existing HGVC Oahu owner) had to pay $399 Transfer Fee during Closing and an additional $315 Club Activation Fee (Enrollment) directly to HGVC after closing for the additional HGVC week.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I sold my SeaWorld week this year, the new owner (an existing HGVC Oahu owner) had to pay $399 Transfer Fee during Closing and an additional $315 Club Activation Fee (Enrollment) directly to HGVC after closing for the additional HGVC week.

This is correct. What Pigs (Kurt) said was not accurately written. The only fee that is flat ($140 per year) regardless of how many weeks/units you have* is the annual club dues/membership fee. For each week you buy/add you/someone has to pay $399 for the transfer (due within closing) and then $315 later for "activation".

*if you own multiple weeks/units and they are not deeded the same way then HGVC may force you into two accounts. So if Deed 1 has only you on it and Deed 2 has you and your spouse that may create 2 accounts for you and, therefore, 2 annual club dues charges.

Armani987

Reaction score
I'm offering on Strip 1BR EY Gold with 3400 points.
I'm kinda shocked to hear aamista have bought the unit for. $500 including the closing costs?? Does that include transfer fees? I'm offering 900+ escrow and transfer (about $1000), not including the 315 activation. Is that a bad deal?

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm offering on Strip 1BR EY Gold with 3400 points.
I'm kinda shocked to hear aamista have bought the unit for. $500 including the closing costs?? Does that include transfer fees? I'm offering 900+ escrow and transfer (about $1000), not including the 315 activation. Is that a bad deal?

I wouldn't call it a "bad deal" since you'll own it for a long time and $900 over 10 years is $90/year, over 20 years is $45/year. However, I would say you can do better if you are patient. If you look back at EBay about 2 months you'll see I won this identical unit (at the Vegas Strip location) for $1. But then I had to pay closing and all that jazz.

Armani987

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a "bad deal" since you'll own it for a long time and $900 over 10 years is $90/year, over 20 years is $45/year. However, I would say you can do better if you are patient. If you look back at EBay about 2 months you'll see I won this identical unit (at the Vegas Strip location) for $1. But then I had to pay closing and all that jazz.

Thanks for your input JS.

Can you tell me the difference between using a $150 transfer company and $1000 escrow company? Even with the included Hilton Transfer fee, I feel like it is a little too much. I heard the company we are going to use if accepted is what Hilton uses too called Grand Vacation Title.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is correct. What Pigs (Kurt) said was not accurately written. The only fee that is flat ($140 per year) regardless of how many weeks/units you have* is the annual club dues/membership fee. For each week you buy/add you/someone has to pay $399 for the transfer (due within closing) and then $315 later for "activation".

*if you own multiple weeks/units and they are not deeded the same way then HGVC may force you into two accounts. So if Deed 1 has only you on it and Deed 2 has you and your spouse that may create 2 accounts for you and, therefore, 2 annual club dues charges.

the names in contract is the same as the old deed and i even gave him my account number so he can add it in the estopel & ROFR

about the activation fees and transfer
if i added this on the contract :
SELLER is responsible for all closing costs associated with the transfer of the property, including any/all transfer fee(s) charged by the Resort and/or its management company.

will HGVC charge the seller for those fees?
also what can i do to insure that both deeds be in one account ? do i add my other contract number or my account number?
thanks

Last edited: