I purchased 7,000 points from WorldMark SP last week from the developer as I was told it was the only way to access their Exchange Plus scheme, which entitles me to WSP points in exchange for my timeshare at Beach House and Sandy Point in Australia. Could anyone tell me if I could access the WSP Exchange Plus scheme if I was to purchase their points from resale?
The 7,000 WorldMark SP points cost me Aud$17,700. I still have a few days to rescind this purchase on their 7 day cooling off clause, so any immediate advice would be most appreciated.
The old WMSP, now called Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific (WVRAP), has entirely different rules from WM North America (WMNA). I don't know the answer to your specific question, as I am only an owner of WMNA, but have several thoughts on this:
1. If your objective is to get WVRAP points to use in the WVRAP network, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy WVRAP resale than buying WVRAP Developer then Exchange Plus it?
Exchange Plus in NA is a very poor bargain. You only get about 80% of the credits, and have to pay a huge transaction fee each time (worth over 2K credits). If the AP program is anything like it, then it's not worth it.
2. If your objective is to use the WVRAP credits to exchange into the resorts in the Wyndham TEN Exchange Network, mainly WMNA and WVRNA, have you looked into buying, resale, WMNA (about US. $2,000 for a small account) and/or WVR NA (if you search hard you can get those points for free) directly?
3. If your objective is to somehow make use of your Beach House and Sandy Point, you may exchange using II, RCI, or any of the independent, small exchange companies. No need to throw $17,700 after it. Remember, you would have the WVR maintenance fees on top of the Beach House fees.
4. The Exchange Plus program in North America is not limited to Developer credit owners - resale credit owners can use it too. Its primary purpose is to benefit Wyndham, not to benefit owners. But I don't know the specifics for WVRAP, so can't advise you for sure on this.
5. If you are not sure you should buy Developer now, you should always rescind. There will always be a chance to buy Developer. But once you are past the recission period, you can't rescind and are always tied to yet another timeshare.