• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark Resellers?

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Re: I'll search

PerryM said:
Roadsister,

I'll go and search to find the answer, I think Jim came up with that shocking figure. Give me a day or so, I'm on vacation.

Thanks Perry....go enjoy your vacation where ever you are :)

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Swarthog said:
Of course the Forum was "compromised" and is now down.....QUOTE]

I saw that...they have a new version software so hope this won't happen again...some people have too much time on their hands I guess.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi Faye! Don't be sorry. I enjoy reading this thread. After reading yours and others' posts, I am not sure I need more points.;) I'll check out wmowners.com for credit rental when the time comes. Gosh I haven't been there for so long that I don't even remember my login and password :confused:

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
AS Perry said...renting is great as long as you keep track of when the points expire....
I wouldn't pay more than 5 cents per credit so something to watch for.
Good Luck

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
LisaH said:
Hi Faye! Don't be sorry. I enjoy reading this thread. After reading yours and others' posts, I am not sure I need more points.;) I'll check out wmowners.com for credit rental when the time comes. Gosh I haven't been there for so long that I don't even remember my login and password :confused:

To read the rental forum (and many others such as Timeshare Tips & Tricks where the Inventory Specials are listed including July, August and September) you don't need to log in. You do when you want to communicate with the sellers in private messages, however. You will also need to sign in to read the forums where issues are discussed, e.g. Worldmark/Trendwest/Cendant Discussions, Owner Alerts. Those have lots of useful information.

P.S. There is no membership fee for the ability to sign in.

Last edited:

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: I'll search

PerryM said:
Roadsister,

I'll go and search to find the answer, I think Jim came up with that shocking figure. Give me a day or so, I'm on vacation.

It's my recollection that the number came from the Worldmark board in a conversation with Jim Pappas. I'm pretty sure it was a ballpark number, not meant to be taken as exactly 25.0%, and that it varies a bit each year. You would expect the number to go up over time, as there are more and more older members and just more members in general.

BTW, that 25% number is not high in the industry, from what I've seen. One resort I'm intimately familiar with is probably closer to 75%.

Last edited:

mtngal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as a FYI - the WM4M is back up, with new software. They've kept all the old posts and it seems to work just like the old one did.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
mtngal said:
Just as a FYI - the WM4M is back up, with new software. They've kept all the old posts and it seems to work just like the old one did.
There are continually new credits for rent ads appearing there. You have to be registered as an owner to access the credit rental section. That applies both to the person offering the credits for rent and the person needing to rent the credits. Since only an owner would have credits available or could use rented credits that is not a problem. You can access the WorldMark forum at

http://forums.trendwest.com/

tim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with using WorldMark, but this thread interests me. Do you have to be an owner of WorldMark to rent credits from others? In other words, as a non-owner of WorldMark can I rent credits and then use the WorldMark system to make a reservation? If the answer is no, then can't I work around this by paying the owner for the credits and then having the owner make the reservation for me. Thanks.

3Js

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to be an owner to rent credits. But yes, an owner can book for you as guests.

melschey

TUG Member
Reaction score
tim said:
I
If the answer is no, then can't I work around this by paying the owner for the credits and then having the owner make the reservation for me. Thanks.

You have to be a owner to rent credits and use the WM system. Yes you could go through an owner and there is no extra charge involved when an owner books for a quest. The owner however is responsible for the unit though so most owners are very selective in doing it. I have done it for friends but they have to be someone that I trust.

RoverJohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the ability to rent Worldmark points an option available only to owners already within the Worldmark system, or can an outsider/non Worldmark owner rent points and have the points transferred to their II account for a later exchange?

PerryM

TUG Member
Reaction score
You must have a WM account to deposit the rented credits. 6,000 WM credits is the minimum size for a WM account (Ok, 5,000 but hard to buy one of those).