• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark resale question regarding Interval International II

hbsprite

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a small, 5,000 point resale Worldmark contract as a way to get into both Worldmark and II.

I already own DVC and Grandview in Las Vegas so I am familiar with RCI.

I know Worldmark is owned by Wyndham (who in turn owns RCI). Is Worldmark still affiliated with II? Is Wyndham strongly pushing people towards RCI? I've noticed that most of the resale Worldmark listings list RCI as the trading company.

I'm not necessarily looking to exchange my Worldmark into II as I anticipate staying mostly within the Worldmark system. However, we travel at off times and rely heavily on "Last Call" deals on RCI.

My understanding is that Interval International "Getaways" are a similar type of deal, and I would like access to them.

Once I complete my resale purchase, will I be able to sign up for Interval International?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I looked in the Interval Buyers Guide and it still lists over 30 Worldmark resorts.

Yes, often the Getaways can be a bargain, especially if you are looking for a resort in an area that has a lot of inventory and you're looking off-season. When I look at the price of a getaway, I compare it to what the owner's maintenance fee probably is. The getaway prices are almost always less than the associated MF. Sometimes a whole lot less. I've taken about 20 getaways in the last 12 years and my lowest price was around $200 and the highest a bit under $800. What is good about ii is you can book Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, Sheraton.

So, I "think" that you could sign up with Interval w/o any issues. But, don't take my word for it - - I'd suggest that you just call them and ask.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I just signed up with Interval for a resale WorldMark account. It was fairly simple to do. There's a specific number for the WorldMark desk at II - it's 877-678-4400. When they ask for the account number, it will be a 7-9 digit number that is the same as your WorldMark member number, omitting the leading zeros.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm looking to buy a small, 5,000 point resale Worldmark contract as a way to get into both Worldmark and II.

I already own DVC and Grandview in Las Vegas so I am familiar with RCI.

I know Worldmark is owned by Wyndham (who in turn owns RCI). Is Worldmark still affiliated with II? Is Wyndham strongly pushing people towards RCI? I've noticed that most of the resale Worldmark listings list RCI as the trading company.

I'm not necessarily looking to exchange my Worldmark into II as I anticipate staying mostly within the Worldmark system. However, we travel at off times and rely heavily on "Last Call" deals on RCI.

My understanding is that Interval International "Getaways" are a similar type of deal, and I would like access to them.

Once I complete my resale purchase, will I be able to sign up for Interval International?

WM trades well with II and RCI. I use both for getaways. Pretty much all of the exchange companies take WM for exchanges. I'm using SFX more than II or RCI but in the past it was either II or RCI.

Bill

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just signed up with Interval for a resale WorldMark account. It was fairly simple to do. There's a specific number for the WorldMark desk at II - it's 877-678-4400. When they ask for the account number, it will be a 7-9 digit number that is the same as your WorldMark member number, omitting the leading zeros.
Is there a fee for adding the Interval for resale accounts?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
There is no fee on the WM side. On the Interval side, II will typically only allow you to add a resort either by paying a fee or creating a new membership or extending an existing account.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

RCI and WM charge a membership fee. RCI has a direct portal to the Worldmark website which makes RCI really easy to use with WM. SFX has no fee unless you upgrade he free membership.

Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you have an existing II account, they would ask you for $89 to add a resort or comp the addition for paying another year's membership fee. I've added a number of resorts to my II account by paying for another year; there isn't a limit to how many you can add at a time as long as you do it all on the same phone call. Seems more efficient to pay another year than to pay the resort addition cost.

If you're establishing a new II account, including your WM ownership would be part of setting it up.

ThymeShare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GRANDVIEW VEGAS
WORLDMARK
Hi!
I'm brand new and looking to buy a resale timeshare, is Worldmark a good choice?
I mainly will be using it as a gateway to the exchanges RCI and II to buy their getaways and deals.
Worldmark is the only one I know that works with both.
How do the exchanges work with actual points? I understand how they work with weeks (week for week exchange etc.) but points?

ThymeShare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GRANDVIEW VEGAS
WORLDMARK
Does your ownership of certain brand of TS limits you on what you can exchange into or buy (Gateways etc) through RCI or II?