• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Exchange Question

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the past 10 years we've always called RCI to do our exchanges, isn't there a way to check for exchanges online yet? I know I asked this a couple years ago, and someone said Worldmark was working on that with RCI. Does anyone know if we can now search and book exchanges online...confirm first like we do over the phone?

kapish

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the II (Interval International) website one can search against a floating Worldmark week without having to deposit any weeks into the system.

RCI still lacks this feature. If you would like to do an online search you can only do that against a week already deposited into RCI.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can call Worldmark and have them deposit a week for you. You tell them how many credits you want to spend and they pick the week :eek: Some Worldmark owners have been able to do very well with their deposits, but a deposited week could turn out to be a dog :( In any case, you won't see the same exchange options searching with a Worldmark deposit as an RCI Guide can see with "confirm first". If you're interested in trying "deposit first", I'd suggest reading some of the threads at http://www.wmowners.com
I prefer II because I can search online without depositing.

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
bhrungo said:
Over the past 10 years we've always called RCI to do our exchanges, isn't there a way to check for exchanges online yet? I know I asked this a couple years ago, and someone said Worldmark was working on that with RCI. Does anyone know if we can now search and book exchanges online...confirm first like we do over the phone?

I ask this question often in the following thread: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

This site has an RCI rep (Madge) that participates and can give you correct information about status of this feature. Try posting your question there.

I too wish they would put this feature into their software.....I would be more inclined to do exchanges if I could search for myself like II allows us....I hate calling all the time....it's old technology.

I have deposited many times with RCI. If you would like information on how to get what you want, email me.
The problem with depositing first is you don't have ALL of the WM resorts behind you making your deposit a strong trader. It is only one resort, one week, one size that they are considering for your request for an exchange.

Last edited:

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
roadsister said:
The problem with depositing first is you don't have ALL of the WM resorts behind you making your deposit a strong trader. It is only one resort, one week, one size that they are considering for your request for an exchange.

And you don't get to pick the week that you want - the Exchange department picks it for you and may give you a real dog. One owner was given a week several weeks before its check-in date! It was an anomaly, but they have given out many other dogs. :eek: When you are lucky you get a good week. :annoyed: