• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark Anaheim is expensive to book. I see $313 in fees for a one bedroom unit.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I looked it up on the website's resort gallery and saw the reason for the high fees. 15% tax + occupancy tax of $28.09 a night.

I was hoping to book for us and our kids, but the fees are too high to even consider it for now.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
For a week, I suppose?

I ran a quick test using a 2-night stay, July 1 & 2, 1BR unit.
  • FAX: $60.75 above the the stated FAX rate ($0.10 per credit)
  • Credits: $56.18 + 4050 WM credits

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
For a week, I suppose?

I ran a quick test using a 2-night stay, July 1 & 2, 1BR unit.
  • FAX: $60.75 above the the stated FAX rate ($0.10 per credit)
  • Credits: $56.18 + 4050 WM credits
Yes, it was a week in September. That is a lot of tax. I would hesitate to book it, but I do love it and have credits I can use. We need two units.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
No argument ... that is a lot of add-on $$$.
The WM Anaheim is our "resort of last resorts" if we must be in the Anaheim area ... firstly for the costs, secondly for the parking issues. We took a strong "forget about it!" position when the resort started charging guests a daily parking fee on top of everything else. Nope. Nope. Nope. Not good.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No argument ... that is a lot of add-on $$$.
The WM Anaheim is our "resort of last resorts" if we must be in the Anaheim area ... firstly for the costs, secondly for the parking issues. We took a strong "forget about it!" position when the resort started charging guests a daily parking fee on top of everything else. Nope. Nope. Nope. Not good.
Ironically, it's pretty tough to get, too. September is easy, even two bedrooms.

The best resort for us is Dolphin's Cove, although I did hear that Peacock Suites had an update. You wouldn't know it by looking at the same old pictures they have always had. I am thinking no update happened.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was a week in September. That is a lot of tax. I would hesitate to book it, but I do love it and have credits I can use. We need two units.
I get $196.63 TOT ($28.09 times 7) using 13,000 credits for a 1 bedroom in September. A lot of tax gouging. Even adding on $102 for a housekeeping charge is still under $300.

Something is not right about that $313 number.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you went all the way through to the end and didn't see the $313? Could it be that you bought developer and my resale is showing higher taxes?

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also see $196.63 if booking 7 night, 1BR, Sept on credits (13000).
Could the difference be the cost of a Guest Cert and Housekeeping? In my tests I've always indicated booking for myself, have never used a Guest Cert and did not have to pay housekeeping.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you went all the way through to the end and didn't see the $313? Could it be that you bought developer and my resale is showing higher taxes?
I have resale credits. Regardless, every owner pays the same tax rates; developer credits make no difference.

I went to the second-to-last screen. If I booked the reservation, I would be charged the amount listed, $196.63.

What does your reservation show on this page for 13,000 credits?

Anaheim 7 nights.jpg

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked it up on the website's resort gallery and saw the reason for the high fees. 15% tax + occupancy tax of $28.09 a night.

I was hoping to book for us and our kids, but the fees are too high to even consider it for now.
I think I solved the puzzle. You were paying for a housekeeping in addition to the taxes.

$196.63 TOT ($28.09 times 7)

$102 Housekeeping for 1 bedroom

$15.30 15% tax on housekeeping charge.

Adding it up = $313.93

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I solved the puzzle. You were paying for a housekeeping in addition to the taxes.

$196.63 TOT ($28.09 times 7)

$102 Housekeeping for 1 bedroom

$15.30 15% tax on housekeeping charge.

Adding it up = $313.93
Well that explains it. I just booked us two units, and it was rather weird that housekeeping fees didn't show as housekeeping fees. What's bad is that I have to get a guest certificate for our son's unit. That makes me crazy. Crazy enough that I may cancel our unit and book Peacock Suites for us. It's cheap for a one bedroom. I can use their washer. That was the one thing I would miss.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Don't forget the daily parking fee at Anaheim.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well that explains it. I just booked us two units, and it was rather weird that housekeeping fees didn't show as housekeeping fees.
I wish the page showing costs would itemize and document each item wrapped into that cost!!! It should.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Ironically, it's pretty tough to get, too. September is easy, even two bedrooms.

The best resort for us is Dolphin's Cove, although I did hear that Peacock Suites had an update. You wouldn't know it by looking at the same old pictures they have always had. I am thinking no update happened.
Peacock Suites was undergoing an update ~2 years ago, it's not amazing, but I personally like staying there. Though there are no kitchens so I don't stay there when I want to plan on cooking. The Worldmark fees are annoying- just did ClubPass into Windsor because we had bonus points expiring and it was the only thing close enough to make a trip happen in June that had availability - about $200 for 3 days (including the club pass fee). But it will get us closer to some fun new wineries rather than spending our time over in Napa area so we took the hit. We didn't get a housekeeping fee.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites was undergoing an update ~2 years ago, it's not amazing, but I personally like staying there. Though there are no kitchens so I don't stay there when I want to plan on cooking. The Worldmark fees are annoying- just did ClubPass into Windsor because we had bonus points expiring and it was the only thing close enough to make a trip happen in June that had availability - about $200 for 3 days (including the club pass fee). But it will get us closer to some fun new wineries rather than spending our time over in Napa area so we took the hit. We didn't get a housekeeping fee.
Yeah, but it's still all in red, right? You would think Peacock would be a pretty turquoise-y blue for an update. It looks like the same old cushions, furniture (which was so worn out and dirty!) and the same bed scarves at the bottom of the beds. What did they update? The kitchenettes were always fine. I should book it to get decent pictures to add to Airbnb.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's still all in red, right? You would think Peacock would be a pretty turquoise-y blue for an update. It looks like the same old cushions, furniture (which was so worn out and dirty!) and the same bed scarves at the bottom of the beds. What did they update? The kitchenettes were always fine. I should book it to get decent pictures to add to Airbnb.
I don't remember it being in red- but then again I don't usually notice if it's not nasty. I thought it was blue. I believe they were updating everything in the rooms (could be wrong on that). A quick search for reviews show the red and the blue- blue is newer. I know I was saying Thank GOD to their changing the carpet in the hallways, it always made me nauseous to walk down the hallway. I'd end up closing my eyes a couple of times. because the carpet messed with my eyes. Kitchenettes are fine- but not for me to make a whole meal for a whole family :) In general I was never displeased with the rooms when we've stayed there. We stayed there about once a year for the last 5 years, except for last year we didn't go due to covid.