• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark 2 new southwest desert locations.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Resorts Sizzle in the Southwest U.S.
Western Arizona and sunny SoCal are the newest resort destinations available to WorldMark® owners! WorldMark Havasu Dunes and WorldMark Palm Springs – Plaza Resort & Spa are now accepting owner reservations for vacations starting in October 2015 and December 2015 respectively.

WorldMark Havasu Dunes
WorldMark Havasu Dunes is located in Lake Havasu City on the western border of Arizona, just outside the neighboring state of California. The claim to fame of Lake Havasu City is the London Bridge, the town’s founder purchased the bridge in 1968 and brought it over from England! Back at WorldMark Havasu Dunes, you can enjoy the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub as well as a sauna, fitness center and picnic/barbecue areas. The resort will also offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.

Plaza Resort & Spa
WorldMark Palm Springs – Plaza Resort & Spa is located in Palm Springs, a desert resort town in Southern California that boasts several ways to stay active in the surrounding mountain and desert areas, including biking, hiking, golfing, horseback riding, swimming, tennis and more. WorldMark Palm Springs – Plaza Resort & Spa has plenty to keep you busy on site including two outdoor pools, two hot tubs, a fitness center, tennis courts, basketball courts, a sauna and massage services. The resort will consist of studio and one-bedroom units.

EDIT TO ADD: Plaza Resort and Spa has been a pet friendly timeshare in the past. I doubt WM will continue this tradition.

Last edited:

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WorldMark guidelines contain a no-pet policy. It would take a change in the guidelines to allow pets in any WorldMark resort. It is extremely unlikely that will happen. It has been voted on a few times and the no-pet policy has always received strong owner support.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The WorldMark guidelines contain a no-pet policy. It would take a change in the guidelines to allow pets in any WorldMark resort. It is extremely unlikely that will happen. It has been voted on a few times and the no-pet policy has always received strong owner support.

The question is. Is this a Worldmark resort or does Worldmark just own a few units or intervals

This is a weeks resort with its own hoa, owners call Wyndham to make their reservations so Wyndham has been involved here for sometime

I'm betting that the pet policy stays the same as it has been except maybe Worldmark owners won't get the same benefit

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is. Is this a Worldmark resort or does Worldmark just own a few units or intervals

This is a weeks resort with its own hoa, owners call Wyndham to make their reservations so Wyndham has been involved here for sometime

I'm betting that the pet policy stays the same as it has been except maybe Worldmark owners won't get the same benefit

I'm curious if other Wyndhams allow pets? Would you consider this place an affiliate and not a "true Wyndham"?

I've thought about this place for years because I could bring one of my dogs. I haven't seen it in person, yet, and want to see it before I book it because I want to know if people leave dog poop everywhere and barking dogs locked in their rooms. Also, my husband is allergic to most dog breeds. So, how much access to the property dogs have, would be a big factor.

It would be great if WM decided to test this out as a pet friendly resort. They already have 3 other timeshares in the area, so it would make sense that they try it here. I don't think they will allow pets in the WM rooms, but I thought I throw the idea out here so when the board reads this thread, they can consider it. :p I looked at the resort brochure on the WM site and it doesn't mention pets at all. I know some of the other brochures specifically mention that you cannot bring pets.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if other Wyndhams allow pets? Would you consider this place an affiliate and not a "true Wyndham"?

I've thought about this place for years because I could bring one of my dogs. I haven't seen it in person, yet, and want to see it before I book it because I want to know if people leave dog poop everywhere and barking dogs locked in their rooms. Also, my husband is allergic to most dog breeds. So, how much access to the property dogs have, would be a big factor.

It would be great if WM decided to test this out as a pet friendly resort. They already have 3 other timeshares in the area, so it would make sense that they try it here. I don't think they will allow pets in the WM rooms, but I thought I throw the idea out here so when the board reads this thread, they can consider it. :p I looked at the resort brochure on the WM site and it doesn't mention pets at all. I know some of the other brochures specifically mention that you cannot bring pets.

I was at Depoe Bay a month ago and there were several dogs outside my window with the owners trying to get them to ease themselves when I spent 1 day at the ground floor. I was moved to an absolutely amazing second floor corner unit (manager called that her favorite unit) on day 2 - move was not dog related. I enquired at the front desk who told me that there were several guests with "service dogs" even though they did not look like service dogs and was told that many of these owners have service dogs due to mental health so the owners and dogs could look totally normal. While resorts may have a no pet policy, don't be surprised by dogs at the resort. At Depoe Bay there were many dogs. I am not a fan of having pets at a resort due to allergy and hygiene problems.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

This place was not developed by Wyndham and its not part of the Club Wyndham timeshare system. Its part of something called PSR resorts. Wyndham is hired to manage this place

I think what just happened is that Wyndham took ownership of some units here or maybe just some intervals; and put them into Worldmark the club...

This is similar to the Reunion Resort. Club Wyndham has a few units here and Worldmark has a few, but the bulk of the condos at this resort are privately owned, and the owners can have dogs (at least thats what one of the owners told me.)

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a number of WorldMark resorts that are shared with other timeshare systems and with private owners. In all of those cases, the WorldMark no-pet policy applies to the WorldMark units without regards to what the other ownerships allow.

There is a lot of service animal fraud. People claim their little foo-foo is a service animal so they can get around the no pets rule. It's too bad some people think the rules don't apply to them but that is the way it is.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a number of WorldMark resorts that are shared with other timeshare systems and with private owners. In all of those cases, the WorldMark no-pet policy applies to the WorldMark units without regards to what the other ownerships allow.

There is a lot of service animal fraud. People claim their little foo-foo is a service animal so they can get around the no pets rule. It's too bad some people think the rules don't apply to them but that is the way it is.

Owners of bona fide service dogs are required to provide certificates upon request. I'll never forget watching some idiot claiming her teacup poodle was a service dog in my local McD's. The manager appropriately asked to see her certificate and the she blew a fuse.

I would hope resort managers are trained to request certificates for service dogs in no-pet resorts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I also assume that the Worldmark units will be no pets my question is how many units went to Worldmark, and how might this affect the pet policy in place here now for the rest of the resort... ie will a minority owner, (presumably) try to change the resorts long standing policies.

At the Plaza Resort and Suites service animal fraud was not a problem (until now of course)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
dup post...sorry

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners of bona fide service dogs are required to provide certificates upon request. I'll never forget watching some idiot claiming her teacup poodle was a service dog in my local McD's. The manager appropriately asked to see her certificate and the she blew a fuse.

I would hope resort managers are trained to request certificates for service dogs in no-pet resorts.

Certificates are not required, neither are vests.. There was no reason for the lady to blow a fuse, She could have just invited the manager to call the police

By the way there are any number of companies that will sell you a certificate and a vest. The certificate doesnt make a dog a service animal

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

A surreptitious "test" is to ask to pet the dog. If the owner says, "sure," it is highly probable the dog is not a service animal.

At the aquarium the other week, my 6-year old saw a beautiful black lab with this woman (it was on a leash). She politely asked to pet the dog. The owner responded politely, "No, she is working and cannot be distracted." That seemed a pretty straightforward answer to me to indicate it was a service animal.

Proprietors can legally ask what service or action the dog is trained to perform, but cannot ask about the person's condition that requires such service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I was at Depoe Bay a month ago and there were several dogs outside my window with the owners trying to get them to ease themselves when I spent 1 day at the ground floor. I was moved to an absolutely amazing second floor corner unit (manager called that her favorite unit) on day 2 - move was not dog related. I enquired at the front desk who told me that there were several guests with "service dogs" even though they did not look like service dogs and was told that many of these owners have service dogs due to mental health so the owners and dogs could look totally normal. While resorts may have a no pet policy, don't be surprised by dogs at the resort. At Depoe Bay there were many dogs. I am not a fan of having pets at a resort due to allergy and hygiene problems.

An anxiety dog is not a service dog. A service dog is trained to assist in an essential life function. I wish WYN would get it right and strictly enforce the rules. In my commnications with the WM BOD they have said that the service dog rules would be strictly enforced. Apparently the local resort managers are not complying.

I have 4 pets and greatly enjoy their company. I do not need them to travel with me. Also I have family members that have bad allergies to cats and dogs. I accept they can not come to my house abd when we visit them we wear/take freshly laundried clothing.