• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Woot Bags o' Crap (2009)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
tonite. Hope I get one before the servers crash

Jim

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Didja check out the shipping cost on them? April Fool! I think I'll pass this one...

Fern

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Fern, f you read down the text, you actually have several cheaper shipping options. All the way down to the usual $5.00.

So, has anyone ever purchased a bag of Woot crap? What sort of stuff did you receive? Would you do it again?

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Fern, What a bargain! Sold out now anyway and I got in at 4 minutes after the hour. I wondered if it was an April Fools thing. We'll never know.

Dave, I've read several on the blog. It's usually t shirts or mini helicopters or Wootoff lights, but some have reported flat screen TVs and Ipods. You just never know.

Jim

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I've read several on the blog. It's usually t shirts or mini helicopters or Wootoff lights, but some have reported flat screen TVs and Ipods. You just never know.

Jim

Okay, Jim, then you need to be sure to tell me what you get. I bought the mini helicopter about six months ago for ten bucks, and it's a real kick. I use it to terrorize my two cats. (Kidding! They're scared to death of it. Wimps... :hysterical: )

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, Jim, then you need to be sure to tell me what you get. I bought the mini helicopter about six months ago for ten bucks, and it's a real kick. I use it to terrorize my two cats. (Kidding! They're scared to death of it. Wimps... :hysterical: )

Dave

I had 2 computers signed on and was clicking refresh like mad but the dreaded 'sold out' sign came on at about 20 minutes in. So no sale, no joy, no Crap- again.

I was gonna buy a Roomba to terrorize the dog, but have resisted. So far the Woot haul is a powered hose reel, a couple of watches, a few t-shirts, SD cards, several bottles of wine. I know there must be more, but no Crap.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I had 2 computers signed on and was clicking refresh like mad but the dreaded 'sold out' sign came on at about 20 minutes in. So no sale, no joy, no Crap- again.

I was gonna buy a Roomba to terrorize the dog, but have resisted. So far the Woot haul is a powered hose reel, a couple of watches, a few t-shirts, SD cards, several bottles of wine. I know there must be more, but no Crap.

Jim

Oh well. maybe next time. As we all know: Crap happens... ;)

My Woot haul in addition to the above-mentioned helicopter has been some SD cards, a couple of cool MP3 players to use at the gym (cheap enough not worry if they bite the dust or get swiped), and a cheap wireless access point for my home network. Enough gadgetry to keep me interested in Wooting, and all of it cheap enough to make me think I got a deal. I don't do garage sales, (I like new junk, not used junk), but Wooting is sort of like that. But the benefits are better. ;)

Dave

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Missed the BOC also... one of these days!

My woot haul includes:
1 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap
3 Philips 5 Outlet PowerSquid (great product if you have a lot of power bricks)
2 Dane-Elec 2GB SD Card
1 Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick (works sometime)
1 Seiko Men’s Stainless Steel Chronograph (My best buy yet)
3 LeakFrog 2-Pack (these actually work)
1 Microsoft Streets & Trips 2005 with GPS Locator

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand

Can someone please explain Woot and Woot Bags of Crap? :shrug:

I've gone to their site and I sort of know what a Woot Off is. I think I must be missing something. I wanna play, but I don't understand the game! :doh:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Can someone please explain Woot and Woot Bags of Crap? :shrug:

I've gone to their site and I sort of know what a Woot Off is. I think I must be missing something. I wanna play, but I don't understand the game! :doh:

Woot.com is the website you should visit. They sell one item per day, starting late in the evening, until late the next evening. If the item sells out, they mark it "Sold Out" and there is nothing to buy till the time comes to post the next item.

Every so often they have a "Woot-Off" where they sell item after item, back to back, until it's sold out. Then they post the next item. Instead of one item per day, it could be dozens of items in a day. Some woot-offs run nonstop for two or three days, depending on how much of something they have left to sell. It's usually made up of stuff that was leftover, returned, or in small enough supply not to justify an entire 24-hour period by itself.

And then, a "Woot Bag o' Crap" is a grab bag of one (or several) unknown items sold for ridiculous pricing, (like the most recent one sold for $3.00.) You don't know what you're buying, and it could be something cool, or it could be something crappy. The excitement is all about the risk you take buying an unknown item. Chances are good it'll be worth more than the purchase price.

Part of what makes Wooting fun is the clever text they post on the website describing the item for sale. Over time, you soon get to believe the Woot staff is just this side of certifiable... :)

It's all in fun.

Dave

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with BMWguynw.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are into Woot, try www.1saleaday.com too. Same kind of deal, but without the clever text and no t-shirts. A lot of their stuff is free with a shipping charge. I bought a real nice watch for $44 that was marked on the box $449.99.

Ed, I have tried to swoop on those power squids a couple of times, but they're always sold out before I see 'em. They look super handy for dealing with power blocks.

Jim Ricks

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Part of what makes Wooting fun is the clever text they post on the website describing the item for sale. Over time, you soon get to believe the Woot staff is just this side of certifiable... :)

It's all in fun.

Dave

Gotcha - the craziness does sound like fun! :whoopie:

Ed, I have tried to swoop on those power squids a couple of times, but they're always sold out before I see 'em. They look super handy for dealing with power blocks.

Jim Ricks

You can get squids at places like Staples or Office Max - are they that much cheaper at Woot that it's worth the shipping? :confused:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw a power squid at Staples last night! It was like spotting a celebrity!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I finally scored one! I just bought a Woot Bag of Crap! I've been refreshing that silly website all day hunting for one ... and finally! I can't wait until it arrives! Whee!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally scored one! I just bought a Woot Bag of Crap! I've been refreshing that silly website all day hunting for one ... and finally! I can't wait until it arrives! Whee!
WOW! Congrats for reincarnating the thread from 12 years ago, AND scoring a Bag O' Crap! Let us know what is in it. Gosh, I haven't even visited Woot for years. Fun memories.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gosh - years ago, when Woot was still young and long before it was acquired by Amazon, I used to try for a Bag O' Crap. But at that time it wasn't all crap. If they had just a few items left over from a Woot that didn't sell, and it wasn't enough inventory to run another woot, they would put it into a Bag O' Crap. There were stories of people who scored large screen TVs in a BOC.

Then as time went on, the BOCs became more and more just crap. I finally scored one, but it really was just miscellaneous crap - not worth anywhere near the amount of time I had put into trying to score one.

Please let us know if you score anything worthwhile in yours.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
WOOT!

Brett

Reaction score

Please tell us what's in the "bag of crap" when it arrives

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time I scored a BOC. I have Amazon Prime so shipping was free. For the life of me I can’t recall one worthwhile item I received. I didn’t even get a “flying monkey”. Would I buy another one? In a heartbeat.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to see an old thread that Fern posted in
Yeah, I've missed a lot of TUGgers who've moved along- as we all will over time. Fern, pjrose, EZ_ED and even BMWguynw (whoever that is! :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you remember DaveM? He was the Marriott's expert, who relocated from up North to HHI.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
My box has not yet arrived ... but I did get a lovely note from Woot to build both my ego and anticipation! It also contains a link to Woot's own forum with photos of recent BoC "scores" ... LG wraparound Bluetooth headphones, random NFL shirt, grilling tongs, UnderArmor polos, Life Vests (floatation), etc.

Woot Email said:
You did it! YOU scored a veritable cornucopia of disappointment that we like to call the inimitable Bag o Crap! And not only that, but you bagged that fastest moving BoC of all time: The BOC of Mischief Days!!!!

You must have had lightning fast hands to clickity-click your wee mouse button or pokedy-poke with your wee finger so quick as to beat out THOUSANDS of other Wooters for the prize! Huzzah!

To sing a song of thanks, we’d like to bring in our friends, the Doompa-Poompas, a small rhyming troupe of fellows that may look a bit like the morally-superior orange characters from that Gene Wilder movie but are legally and distinctly separate (so don’t sue us).

Come on in, boys and sing ‘em what they got!

{small troupe of brightly colored fellows march in}

“Doompa, Poompa, Loopity-Poo, we have a little song to sing you. Dompa, Poompa Loopity-Snee, We see you have scored your own BoC!
“What do you get when you receive a Boc? A bucket of sad and you’re charged small fee.
“What did you think, getting terribly crushed, After clicking so fast and feeling terribly rushed?
“Next time you’ll think more than twice about that, Maybe just spend the afternoon with your cat! What do you think will come of that? (More money in your bank account).
“Doompa, Poompa, Loopity-Par, If you spend wisely, your cash will go far! Dompa, Poompa Loopity-Ointment, Because for a BoC, your reward shall be Disappointment!
“You will live in happiness too Like the Doompa Poompa Zoompety Dopyright Which for legal reasons are not under copyright!

We love you, Woot!

PS: Show us what you got! https://www.woot.com/postmyboc

Woot

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Once upon a time I scored a BOC. I have Amazon Prime so shipping was free. For the life of me I can’t recall one worthwhile item I received. I didn’t even get a “flying monkey”. Would I buy another one? In a heartbeat.
Same! This was years ago, but it was so random. Would also buy another immediately if I could!