• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Woodstone and Regal Vista Points resales

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@escanoe, "
"The three year "term" on my account appears to be uniform transfer procedure for all transferred RCI points accounts .... and nothing Vacation Village has driven."

RCI Points are RCI property, not Massanutten. As long as you do not let your membership lapse, the points are there. If you let your membership lapse (the wording says they renew the points/bonus weeks every third year) then the points/bonus weeks will lapse. To transfer the points, you pay RCI a $98 transfer fee. Those were salesman lies you were hearing.
My estoppel says it’s a points ownership. Wouldn’t that mean it would always be that way as long as I keep paying RCI? On another note my closing agent screwed up the RCI set up

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Yes, that's correct. It's the bonus weeks that will stop if you let your membership lapse for any significant length of time. I checked the contract. (We actually purchased last weekend and then rescinded afterward with the complaint that we feel that the resort fee is outrageous when no new services have been provided. I kept the contract because it has my signatures.)

To transfer the points from one owner to another, you have to set up that transfer with RCI and pay them a $98 fee for the transfer.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Yes, that's correct. It's the bonus weeks that will stop if you let your membership lapse for any significant length of time.

What are these bonus weeks of which you speak? Do these transfers us mere mortal resale purchasers?

Are those the “Massanutten Extra” vacation in the RCI offers? I haven’t used one yet. Been doing just as well or better with “last call” or “extra” sales.

I can’t imagine why anyone (informed) would buy Massanutten from the developer vs. resale. I am not in love with the resort fee, but if you are buying one as an RCI points trader it probably works to your advantage. I can pay a lot of resort fees there out of what I saved buying retail (and you still get the owner rate if you purchased resale.)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at Massanutten now and haven't done a tour in 5 years. I thought I would see what they are offering to convert. They kept insisting that points do not transfer upon resale. That I could not buy points and even if I paid to convert my weeks they would revert back to weeks when sold. I told them that I currently have a week 29 Regal Vistas in points. They insisted that after 2 years of resale ownership it would revert.

Has anyone resold a points week and was their anything in the estoppel to the new owner indicating that it would revert to a week?

The final offer which I left before hearing but they called me back with was a $5995 new week worth 44,000 points every other year but I pay $230 per year and they would convert my week 30 Regal Vistas (89,000 for $515 MF), Week 26 Woodstone Deluxe (130,000 for $825 MF) and week 27 Woodstone Luxury (137,000 for $855MF). I am supposed to go back and they are to have the contract ready in the morning. I obviously know how to rescind and while I may not have time to go over with the fine tooth comb before signing (don't want to waste any more time) it will be gone over in the next 3 days.

I have recently bought a 4 BR EY 178k RCI points at Regal Vistas. My estoppel indicated that this was an RCI points contract. After about 7 weeks the transfer is complete, my RCI Points account is set up (new member) with all the points that I expected in the account. So indeed the guy's lips were moving :)

1585483684066.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update to hopefully clear any incertitude for the future resale buyers.
This is the welcome letter I received:

1593616889630.png

1593617006246.png

1593618167748.png

All the documents received before the purchase (the estoppel from the resort and the Broker Verification Form directly from RCI) confirmed it was an RCI points contract.
When my RCI Points account was opened, the initial membership term ended in 2023 (a normal 3 year term I was told) but I communicated with them through the live chat option they extended my membership term to 2026 without problems. There is no indication that there would be any issue after that

1593618570829.png

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update to hopefully clear any incertitude for the future resale buyers.
This is the welcome letter I received:

View attachment 22756
View attachment 22757
View attachment 22758

All the documents received before the purchase (the estoppel from the resort and the Broker Verification Form directly from RCI) confirmed it was an RCI points contract.
When my RCI Points account was opened, the initial membership term ended in 2023 (a normal 3 year term I was told) but I called and it was extended to 2026 without problems. There is no indication that there would be any issue after that

View attachment 22759
Who did you call to extend the term expiration? I was hoping to get a 5 year RCI membership but had to settle for 3 -- which is fine, but I wouldn't mind extending now so it is one less thing to think about.

Thanks!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I think 3 years is your commitment to RCI points vs. weeks. I have a different RCI points resort and I renew my Timeshare Points agreement with RCI points every 3 years-it's free-just confirming that you're continuing to participate in RCI points and not converting TS back in RCI to underlying week.. This is differ than renewing my RCI points account for which I pay an annual fee.
Once you "opt out" or don't renew at 3 years, you'd have to reconvert back via resort (usually for a hefty fee). So, don't opt out unless you're VERY sure. You can still reserve home unit/resort while in RCI points (never done that).

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who did you call to extend the term expiration? I was hoping to get a 5 year RCI membership but had to settle for 3 -- which is fine, but I wouldn't mind extending now so it is one less thing to think about.

Thanks!
I am going to edit the comment, I actually used the live chat option. I had already paid for a 3 year membership, I was thinking of paying for a 4th year. The agent extended the membership term just because I mentioned my intention.