• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Won Star island eBay auction-Questions!

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Bay
Hi all,
I just won a star island auction yesterday- 105k points, none til 2013, all maint fees paid til 2013, I only have to pay my bid of $364 since all closing fees are paid by seller. The maint fees were listed as $590, I haven't gotten any info yet from seller, I tried on sat but no reply back (assuming cuz it was weekend). The seller is vaca4life2, Kyle Williams, and has good seller rating. closing thru resort closings inc.

What's my next step- I emailed my personal info as requested thru eBay winning email. I also asked him for estoppel, anything else? Do I ask for deed, can I see that before I send money?
ALSO, how accurate do you think the maint fees are at $590 and if the estoppel confirms this amt, does it include wyndhams program fee (isn't that billed as part of the maint fee?)
Thanks all fOr yOur help!
Alisha

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know what converted week you got or is it a UDI contract? If you got a converted week you may have gotten a prime a-side or a high b-side. That will determine what your MF are. Once you find out you can call the resort and they can confirm it to you.

Jason

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Jason, I'm waiting for the estoppel to see exactly. When I call resort and get the maint. fee, do I then tack on the $98 program fee?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have purchased several properties from Kyle.. he is an arrogant nasty s.o.b., that happens to offer some of the best deals on ebay

Of course if you ask Kyle he will tell you that Im the arrogant nasty s.o.b.

There are other threads here on TUG where other tuggers have complained about Kyles attitude too, and he has come here to apologize

Once the deal gets to his title company it ought to go smoothly...all of mine have

What you do next is spelled out in the ebay ad ***HIGH BIDDER MUST EMAIL ME THEIR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE & FAX TO VACATION4LIFE2@GMAIL.COM WITHIN 3 DAYS OF AUCTION'S CLOSE TO START THE CLOSING PROCESS***

They will send the the various papers they need to be signed, and a pay pal invoice

They will also send you a property number and a password, so you can follow the progress on line. They will also send you the name and phone number for their closer...Be aware of time differences as they are in Montana (mountain time)

$590 sounds about right to me for your mf but I dont know for sure...I would bet that the $8 a month monthly billing fee was not included. You can avoid this fee by paying annually, of by setting up an automatic draft

just be sure to check that the 2012 fees have been paid....I bought a contract from Kyle that had the same promise, that 2011 were paid, but I got a bill from Wyndham in October....(I got a check from the title company as soon as I brought it to their attention, so no harm done...its just something to watch)

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Print out a copy of the full eBay ad and keep it for your records - because at best it take a month or two to close and eBay deletes them after awhile.

Trust me - you need to do this.

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Ron, good info. Haven't heard anything yet, but I did what I was requested to do. Really want that estoppel so I can call resort. how long do you think it will take to get into wyndhams system, 3 months?

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Print out a copy of the full eBay ad and keep it for your records - because at best it take a month or two to close and eBay deletes them after awhile.

Trust me - you need to do this.

I will do it right now!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ron, good info. Haven't heard anything yet, but I did what I was requested to do. Really want that estoppel so I can call resort. how long do you think it will take to get into wyndhams system, 3 months?

8-10 weeks to get the deed recorded and off to Wyndham...and another 8-10 weeks for Wynddham to do their thing

There is no reason for either leg to take as long as it does,,,,but it does

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One question I didn't get answered yet- the maint. fee that the resort quotes me, do I add the $98 program fee to that?

Wow, 4 months for everything to be done! Good thing I am not using it til next yr!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
One question I didn't get answered yet- the maint. fee that the resort quotes me, do I add the $98 program fee to that?

Wow, 4 months for everything to be done! Good thing I am not using it til next yr!

when you call...ask

but remember the resort may not have the answer you want...Wyndham doesnt manage this place..they own there. I think Wyndham gets the bill for everything they own and then send bills to each owner based on what they bought from Wyndham...also the property taxes may not be included..Wyndham used to send out a separate bill for property taxes for the Florida properties...Now they are included in the one mf bill...Who knows what info Kyle had when he put his ad together

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got the estoppel, says it's a UDI and fees are $49 monthly. Also, it says the next payment due (in jan) was $66, so not sure what that is about.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Got the estoppel, says it's a UDI and fees are $49 monthly. Also, it says the next payment due (in jan) was $66, so not sure what that is about.

Appears from this limited information the account/timeshare is in default on the maintance fees. If this is true, they will probably need to be paid prior to usage being granted. If this is a UDI contract, then the Program Fees will need to be paid.

Last edited:

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Congrats Alisha and Jay! Sounds like you got what you wanted at a good price. You have your RCI membership you wanted also. Hope everything works out great for you. Be patient, closing does take a while. You did get a good price.:cheer:

Reaction score
As a side note, when I purchased Star Island/Wyndham points, it took slightly less than 45 days. From what most people have said, it can take 45-90 days.

TS

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own at Star Island (Wyndham), Property Taxes are included in the Maintenance Fees, whether yearly or monthly.

TS

Good to hear, so do you think the program fee is incorporated into the $49 monthly fees? I don want to be surprised and find out it's $590 annual plus another $98. I asked seller once but no answer, I did just get the closing papers tonight and it specifies all fees paid by seller including 2012 maintenance fees. If I call star island, will they be able to tell me, or Wyndham?

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats Alisha and Jay! Sounds like you got what you wanted at a good price. You have your RCI membership you wanted also. Hope everything works out great for you. Be patient, closing does take a while. You did get a good price.:cheer:

Thank you very much!! I did what you suggested and put my bid in at 8 seconds left, woohoo!
-Alisha

Last edited:

pkyorkbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Star Island is one of the TS's that I own. It is very nice and I enjoyed going. Can not wait to go again in a few months. Enjoy your purchase.

Alisha.N

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Wyndham and gave them the contract number, they verified that my monthly fee included prop tax, maint fee, program fee. Guess I am good to go now and will send in papers ASAP!

antjmar

Reaction score
I called Wyndham and gave them the contract number, they verified that my monthly fee included prop tax, maint fee, program fee. Guess I am good to go now and will send in papers ASAP!
Great news enjoy it!:cheer:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

There you go......"ask and you shall receive"

My experience with Wyndham is that everone from the maintenance people to the desk clerks to houskeeping on site and the reservations people, finance and customer service folk on the phone are eager to please, and go the extra mile to keep a satisfied and happy ownership base....If thay can answer your questions, and grant your requests they do.....Sales not so much