• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Woman Scammed for $70,000 - not a typo

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg!

Poor woman! That is terrible!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Incredible.

The reader comments were interesting--a lot very down on t/s in general.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
"She still, to this day, believes that that buyer is out there and she feels sorry for him, because he didn't get her condo."

She got scammed for $70,000 but is still worried that the non-existent buyer is not going to get the timeshare? She is ripe to be taken advantage of again....

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
She need to be put away for her own protection -

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Incredible.

The reader comments were interesting--a lot very down on t/s in general.

When TUG Brian posts links to articles like these, I admit that I too read some of the readers' comments below.

It is kid of funny (but somewhat presumptuous) how people insult the timeshare industry and the intelligence of timeshare owners.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a whole industry based on shysters and scam artists separating elderly people from their life's savings. In my own family, we have had to institute conservatorships on a grandfather-in-law who kept surreptitiously sending money to out-of-country lotteries that he was sure (led to believe by multiple contacts) were on the verge of big payoffs.

My mother subscribed to stacks of magazines and sent off hundreds of sweepstakes entries (it could have been much worse) always hoping for Ed McMahon to be at the door.

Sometimes it starts innocently enough. My FIL started subscribing to 'Taste of Home' decades ago. After we got him into an assisted living and took charge of his affairs, we found his 'membership' goes out 12 years (he's 94) and stacks of cookbooks and unopened magazines under his bed. They kept coming after we canceled his subscription. We have notified the sender that any that arrive now will be considered a gift and won't be paid for. The assisted living deposits them and all other solicitations directly into the dumpster before the mail goes to him.

So it isn't just timeshare PCCs that are shysters.

Jim Ricks

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The sad part is you could do a similar article based on nearly every retail sale of a timeshare done everyday. How can these people sleep at night knowing what they just convinced some sucker to buy for $20-$50,000 or more can't be sold for $1,000 in a matter of days when the rescind period ends? It is practically highway robbery yet it continues unchecked. Those are the everyday victims.

Last edited: