• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wnydham points worths half cent now?

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/154-000-WYNDHAM...ryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

have a look at this ebay closing. Even wtih 27 bids, 154000 points sold for $525. It is only half cent per point. I read on this forum that wyndham points are more around one cent. Is this just ebay or is there anything wrong with this resort, this deal or maintanance fee?

Expert please help me judge what is a good deal in terms of cost per point and MTF.

THanks!!!

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see. So MTF is more important

So MTF is more important than the actual purchase price.

What's the bench mark for MTF/point?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Some people don't mind paying higher fees for their points and figure they save money on the purchase price. I pay a little more and keep all of the fees under $4.00 per 1,000.

ajdon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points M/F

I agree, I'd rather pay $500-700 more for a (154K points) place whose M/F are $150 less a year. I intend to keep these for a LONG time and the money I save on the sales price will EAT me up on the M/F over time....Currently I"m at $4.16/1K for my 280K and I'm looking to drive that to <$4.00/1K with some smart purchases...

Bill4728

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/154-000-WYNDHAM...ryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

have a look at this ebay closing. Even wtih 27 bids, 154000 points sold for $525. It is only half cent per point. I read on this forum that wyndham points are more around one cent. Is this just ebay or is there anything wrong with this resort, this deal or maintanance fee?

Expert please help me judge what is a good deal in terms of cost per point and MTF.

THanks!!!

Isn't $525/154,000 more like $0.42/pt.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It could also be the economy. People has less discretionary spending and TS payments (if it is not paid off) and MFs (which are due annual) make people think they should unload it at any price, rather than keep on maying MFs annually.

There has been downward movement on Wyndham points resale. But this is very low. Could just be a combination of things and timing. It might come back up to a 1 or 2 cents once the economy figures itself out.