• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WMH Maintenance Fee Due Date?

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
The DH just bought ANOTHER TS (really, it's him, not me! I just read this boards and figure out what to do with all the weeks!). This time it's at WMH. The seller wants us to pay the 2009 MFs as part of the closing. I don't want to, since I think that could cause more headaches if the amount is wrong, if SVO doesn't record it properly, etc. The amount the seller wants is $1,407.74. We have 2009 use year, so worst case they will charge me when I try to make reservations after we have title.

Am I missing anything in this logic? Thanks everyone!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I agree - and everything is negotiable, so just tell them you will pay it yourself. But be ready to let this one go if they disagree. In this market, another one will come along tomorrow, anyway...

I am going to guess that the WMH MF's are due Mid- Jan.

My SDO MF was due Jan. 14th last year.

And my WKORV was due Jan. 21st last year.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
The DH just bought ANOTHER TS (really, it's him, not me! I just read this boards and figure out what to do with all the weeks!). This time it's at WMH. The seller wants us to pay the 2009 MFs as part of the closing. I don't want to, since I think that could cause more headaches if the amount is wrong, if SVO doesn't record it properly, etc. The amount the seller wants is $1,407.74. We have 2009 use year, so worst case they will charge me when I try to make reservations after we have title.

Am I missing anything in this logic? Thanks everyone!

I won an auction like that too recently where the seller was insistant that we pay MFs. However, given that 2009 rates have not even been set yet at most resorts, I said no. He said he wanted the $$ because he felt that closing could take until after the first of the year and therefore MFs would be due by then. I still refused as most MFs are not due until Jan 21st. He was not happy about it but ultimately said ok, no need to pay.

Just be firm. I am not understanding why they would insist on MFs for next year. It's not like they are making $$ off those fees. And most of the time it only creates confusion for Starwood, as well as room for error. So I would avoid it as much as possible.

Katherine

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
but if you pay them to the seller, you will not be able to use the AMEX card and get double. definitely not a good idea.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
The DH just bought ANOTHER TS ....This time it's at WMH....

Are you the one that snagged that recent ebay buy from me??? Congrats! :) Nice price. Hopefully, I'll get if for about the same next time. :whoopie:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Are you the one that snagged that recent ebay buy from me??? Congrats! :) Nice price. Hopefully, I'll get if for about the same next time. :whoopie:

Might have been us... there were a few out there at the same time in the past week or so. There should be more as soon as the MF bills come out in the next couple of weeks. Good luck finding what you're looking for!