• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WM Bogo Campaign - Jan 5-Mar 31

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was mentioned on another thread that a BOGO campaign had started today but none of us seemed to get the email promotion. I braved making the call and an hour later was able to talk to someone in owner resolution and had them email me the details of the promotion. They are noted below. There are 20 resorts that qualify and the most are in California

Buy 1 Get 1 Campaign

Dates

Jan. 5 - Mar. 31, 2023

Offer
Book 1 night using credits at 20 select resorts to receive 1 night on the same reservation at no cost.

Resorts
WorldMark Anaheim
WorldMark Angels Camp
WorldMark Balboa Park
WorldMark Birch Bay
WorldMark Boulevard
WorldMark Branson
WorldMark Inn at the Park
WorldMark Long Beach
WorldMark Mission Valley
WorldMark Oceanside
WorldMark Palm-Aire
WorldMark Portland - Waterfront Park
WorldMark Reunion
WorldMark San Francisco
WorldMark Santa Barbara
WorldMark Seaside
WorldMark Shawnee Village
WorldMark The Camlin
WorldMark Tropicana Avenue
WorldMark Windsor

Eligibility
  • All WM owners (excluding Residence Club and Discovery) with 500 credits or more available.
  • Offer available while supplies last, and is subject to end at any time.
  • Limit one offer per ownership
  • Reservations can be booked 45 days or less from date of arrival and must be booked and traveled by March 31, 2023.
  • Owners must purchase at least one night using credits in order to receive the extra night on the same reservation at no additional cost.
  • Offer may only be redeemed at the resorts included in this email.
  • Regular cancellation guidelines apply, and all guidelines are subject to change.
  • Offer is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, based on availability. Occupancy and/or sales tax may apply.
  • Offer can only be booked by calling the Vacation Planning Center.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the email at 5:02 pm PST.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • Offer can only be booked by calling the Vacation Planning Center.
That would explain why the hold times are over an hour, again, just when things had dramatically improved.

I mean really, whose bright idea was that?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I did not get the email.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That would explain why the hold times are over an hour, again, just when things had dramatically improved.

I mean really, whose bright idea was that?

A phone rep who wanted more job security?

Or an IT person who knew they had no chance of programming that offer into the site?

I'd be curious to know the mechanics of this deal - is this developer or club inventory.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to modify a reservation yesterday and indeed the wait time was quite a bit over an hour. In total I was 1:45. My owner care rep who I had to wait for after the first person could not modify the reservation didn't even apologize even when I told him how long it took. At least now I know why it likely happened. The bad part is none of the Canadian resorts are included in the sale.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know the mechanics of this deal - is this developer or club inventory.
For a program like this, there is no such thing as "developer inventory" only "developer controlled credits."

It seems similar to the Club Wyndham VIP 50% discount within 60 days, except in WorldMark every member receives the 50% discount for arrivals until March 31st at 20 resorts. FAX credits would cover the 50% discount.

None of the resort locations are of interest to me, so I will not be on eternal hold to find out more details. If anyone does make it through the phone gauntlet, here is an interesting question to ask:

Since a WorldMark reservation may be booked for up to 30 days, will a 30-day reservation receive 15 free days, or is there a certain limit to the number of free days for the one reservation allowed?

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For a program like this, there is no such thing as "developer inventory" only "developer controlled credits."

It seems similar to the Club Wyndham VIP 50% discount within 60 days, except in WorldMark every member receives the 50% discount for arrivals until March 31st at 20 resorts. FAX credits would cover the 50% discount.

None of the resort locations are of interest to me, so I will not be on eternal hold to find out more details. If anyone does make it through the phone gauntlet, here is an interesting question to ask:

Since a WorldMark reservation may be booked for up to 30 days, will a 30-day reservation receive 15 free days, or is there a certain limit to the number of free days for the one reservation allowed?

Carelessly worded, I did mean developer vs club credits. I agree that is correct vs inventory.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked, and it is only ONE FREE NIGHT no matter how long the reservation.

It seems to me, since one has to use credits for this offer, it is making (most) people use up an HK when it might make more sense to use the cash options.
It is a good offer for those with NHK or high level TravelShare accounts without housekeeping.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked, and it is only ONE FREE NIGHT no matter how long the reservation.
I wonder how many owners stampeding the reservation line and waiting over an hour are disappointed to learn, "No, one-half of your vacation is not free"? Probably more than 80%. How long did you wait online to learn that it is only ONE FREE NIGHT?

There is a big difference between "Buy one, get one free" (BOGO) and "Buy only one, get only one free" (BOOGOO). Maybe if they had put that critical detail in the email information, the reservation phone lines would not be overloaded, and there would not be a boatload of disappointed owners. Glad I did not waste my time calling in for the offer.

It seems to me, since one has to use credits for this offer, it is making (most) people use up an HK when it might make more sense to use the cash options.
It is a good offer for those with NHK or high level TravelShare accounts without housekeeping.
I imagine an owner could book a night, get a free night, then group up to 12 nights and maybe up to 28 nights, depending on availability, onto the 2 nights in the same unit type and use only 1 housekeeping token.