• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKV Association Mtg -- Anyone Going?

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
We got our proxy today for the WKV Association meeting on 24 October. Anyone going? I'd prefer to give my proxy to someone here rather than Cheryl Parr, Secretary of the Association. Cheryl, if you're here and would like to introduce yourself, that would be OK, too!

Actually, we got 2 proxies. One is for the Scottsdale Sonoran Villas Vacation Owners Association and the other is for the Scottsdale Sonoran Villas Condominium Owners Association. What's the difference? Our confirmation letter from SVO doesn't use either of those specific terms.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I own 2 weeks (resale) at WKV and received no proxy - does that surprise me? No - they are probably going to original owners.
I do get all the other proxies.

Read your Owners Manual - it will describe the differences between the two (will it make sense - probably not...)

I am all for voting - but these proxy votes are generally fixed if they are for board members. If they are for assessment - not enough will vote - so... waste of time most of the time.

Last edited:

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
2008 WKV Association Meeting

"We got our proxy today for the WKV Association meeting on 24 October. Anyone going?"

I own at WKV and I will be there on the 24th. Just a coincidence that the association meeting will take place then. I had no idea that it would take place when I made our reservations. My wife and I are joining other family members for a week of vacation.

The 2008 SVOpen for Kierland is on the 23rd. We are signed up. No chance of winning, but we played in the Mountain Vista 2008 SVOpen last month. It was fun! So, since we're at WKV and on vacation, why not?

I can pick up the agenda, maybe even stop by if it doesn't take too much time and report back to this BBS what happens at the meeting. But, I'm really going to WKV to relax. If you have a request about a specific topic, PM me.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you ask at the meeting why they don't decide on next year's date for the annual meetings so owners can schedule attendance for the meetings? I am convinced they DON'T WANT us there.

Was your notice dated about a month earlier than when you received it? TIA

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The board meeting dates were all posted on MSC in March. We weren't really paying attention back then so I don't know how prominently they were advertised. Anyway, I'll post the contents of the agenda when I get home from work. It's very generic, which concerns me a bit.

clsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agenda for Annual WKV Owner's Assn Meeting

The meeting will be at 11am on Friday 24 October at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa.

Agenda:

I. Call to Order
II. Determinatin of Quorum
III. Confirmatin of Proper Meeting Notice
IV. Reading and Approval of Minutes
V. Resort Manager's Report
VI. Old Business
VII. New Business
VIII. Call to Adjourn

------
Comments on agenda: We are resale owners, but I think we've had this property requalled (why I'm not sure would be a separate thread). The letter announcing the meeting was dated 19 September, so the timing isn't bad. The agenda has no information on what the new or old business would be, which concerns me. I would think items like assessments would come up in new business, for example.

The agenda for the Condominium Association and the Vacation Owner's Association is the same. One occurs right after the other.

Do other Starwood association meetings have similar agendas?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At the meeting I attended at WKORV, they rushed through the agenda as quickly as possible, and owners were not encouraged to participate. Owner's who wanted to make motions from the floor were given the brush-off. There was no old or new buisness discussed. The powers-that-be made it clear that they were just going through the motions. There were no board members there - just resort management. The board members (ALL Starwood employees!) all "participated" by phone.

The next year, the meeting was canceled at the last minute because the sales office needed the room for a meeting! :mad: Instead they did a tele-conference with the few owners at the resort who even knew about the meeting. What a joke!

Last edited: