• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKROV Developer Prices

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Does anyone have the current prices for this Maui property. I am particularly interested in the EY OV prices. Don't worry, I'm not buying, I just need to do a little cost comparison...

Thanks, tuggers...

shockdoct

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went through the presentation yesterday (as owners at Kierland) and they were asking 44.9k for the 2 BR lockout (148.1k StarOptions with a conversion value of 80k StarPoints). Usage is not available until 2008, so they offered us 80k StarPoints and the option to purchase another 80k StarPoints for $1675 (can purchase now until June 2007).

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
This link, http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15524 , says that WKROVN OV price is $54,900. So, the new development is going for a bunch more than the old one. I'm I getting this right?

I also seem to be getting the name wrong, is it WKROV or WKORV?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
GaryDouglas said:
This link, http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15524 , says that WKROVN OV price is $54,900. So, the new development is going for a bunch more than the old one. I'm I getting this right?

Yes - currently about $11K more - we paid $44K, for a 2 bdm., ocean view, preconstruction, at the "old" WKORV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
shockdoct said:
We just went through the presentation yesterday (as owners at Kierland) and they were asking 44.9k for the 2 BR lockout (148.1k StarOptions with a conversion value of 80k StarPoints). Usage is not available until 2008, so they offered us 80k StarPoints and the option to purchase another 80k StarPoints for $1675 (can purchase now until June 2007).

For what VIEW?

shockdoct

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to have to assume island view only because they know we don't plan on coming to Maui EOY, so views mean very little to us as we will mainly trade around internally or use the high SPG conversion value and convert to points.

I will probably talk to my rep tomorrow with a few more questions and will get back to you with a more definitive answer.

Last edited:

malex2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given the high purchase and maintenance costs , WKOR or WKORN are better justified on a usage basis rather than on a trade or exchange for points basis.

Kierland developer will get the same StarOptions for trade (148,100) and not too many fewer Starpoints (72,000) for less money (purchase & maintenance).

Kierland resale will get the same StarOptions for internal SVN trade, but no points, for even less money (purchase & maintenance).

malex2

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Do you know what was the original preconstruction price of an OF Deluxe 2Bd at WKORV? Also, check your private email...

chrisfromOC

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM said:
For what VIEW?

I did the tour last week and the $45K is for the island view. When I was there they had not yet released ocean view, but they had ocean front for about $74K or so. Owners of the existing resort can still buy an EOY for 1/2 the price of the every year and you get one year to buy the other 1/2 at the original price.