• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV & WKORVN Continue Towards Normalcy

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Another sign of a continuance towards normalcy. Spa Helani will reopen June 1st. Initially it will be open from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Any news on hot tubs?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
ok just called Nanea about our June reservation. They are working on it now and plan to open up hot tubs the 1st week in June.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the water bottle filling fountains by the pools open, or turned off yet? TIA.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Have the chairs and tables been returned to the BBQ grill areas?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the shuttle running the loop between Nanea-WKORVN-WKORV and the Sheraton and Lahaina?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't stay at WKORV, but I did see it in Lahaina and Whaler's village.

Thank you, travelhacker. Covid has changed so much of what I was used to, I wasn't even sure if the shuttle was running anymore. Nice to know we still have that option.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Good to know because we will be there soon!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
When we were there in March they had cut out the hotel shuttle and were just running the Lahaina shuttle but only until 8:40pm. We will be back there on Saturday so we will find out what's new and if they've returned back to full shuttle services.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
Good to know because we will be there soon!

If you're going to be there Friday, then it would be GREAT if you could update us all on Aunties, the pool chair situation, the beach chair situation, the shuttles, etc.. I hate to give you work, but you know we are all very interested in the current affairs as we plan our trips. I will be there in October and January.. By then, I hope it will be back to normal. Currently, however, since I am stuck in Washington, I like to live vicariously through others who get to enjoy this wonderful corner of the world. ENJOY!!

Last edited:

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
message deleted**

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
If you're going to be there Friday, then it would be GREAT if you could update us all on Aunties, the pool chair situation, the beach chair situation, the shuttles, etc.. I hate to give you work, but you know we are all very interested in the current affairs as we plan our trips. I will be there in October and January.. By then, I hope it will be back to normal. Currently, however, since I am stuck in Washington, I like to live vicariously through others who get to enjoy this wonderful corner of the world. ENJOY!!

I'll post an update although I think I already know the answer to the pool chair situation even before we get there and independent of whether they are still at 50% or back to 100%. I foresee a sea of towels at 6am :(

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'll post an update although I think I already know the answer to the pool chair situation even before we get there and independent of whether they are still at 50% or back to 100%. I foresee a sea of towels at 6am :(

Yeah, the pool chair posts stress me out a bit, but what do you expect when the chairs are at 50% and the hotel is at 100. It's those stinking chair hogs that 'save; them and never use them that really chap my hide. if only the resorts would enforce their own rules. Reading all of the posts lately, makes me think that a lot of people who don't usually vacation in Hawaii are going there and not respecting the island and are completely devoid of aloha. I hope THAT changes soon. any info would be appreciated and taken note of. ALOHA~

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the pool chair posts stress me out a bit, but what do you expect when the chairs are at 50% and the hotel is at 100. It's those stinking chair hogs that 'save; them and never use them that really chap my hide. if only the resorts would enforce their own rules. Reading all of the posts lately, makes me think that a lot of people who don't usually vacation in Hawaii are going there and not respecting the island and are completely devoid of aloha. I hope THAT changes soon. any info would be appreciated and taken note of. ALOHA~
We had a great time in Hawaii, but this comment was spot on.

If I lived in Maui, I'd be really frustrated with tourists as well.....just bad behavior all over the place.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
When we were there in March they had cut out the hotel shuttle and were just running the Lahaina shuttle but only until 8:40pm. We will be back there on Saturday so we will find out what's new and if they've returned back to full shuttle services.
We were there in March too, and at that time, although the timeshare resorts were (nearly) full, the hotels were the opposite, nearly empty. We walked from WKORV to Whaler's Village a couple of times, and the Sheraton and Westin were both ghost towns, they were open but I'll bet they were only 10% full. Nobody around, only a handful of people at their pools.

Now I imagine the hotels have roared back and I imagine the hotel shuttles are back too.

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Nanea appears to have all of its usual chairs (not at 50%), but they are claimed early.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
North property appears to have added chairs to the grass. Several open chair sets at 10am on a busy holiday weekend. Seems to be more chairs than before Covid. If mgt indeed added more chairs (and this is not an optical illusion,) I applaud them.

Of course the chairs by the pool were all taken by 7am ☹ Front desk told me they are at 100% occupancy.

We ordered Instacart to arrive by check-in but order kept getting delayed until midnight. Rescheduled to 9 am today but now pushed out 3 hours. #fail. Fortunately we have a car so if it doesnt show up we will get ourselves. We already walked to Times market to pick up milk and eggs.

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
[QUOTE="CalGalTraveler, post: 2630988, member: 79547
We ordered Instacart to arrive by check-in but order kept getting delayed until midnight. Rescheduled to 9 am today but now pushed out 3 hours. #fail. Fortunately we have a car so if it doesnt show up we will get ourselves. We already walked to Times market to pick up milk and eggs.
[/QUOTE]

We had the same experience with Instacart earlier this year. They were woefully short staffed and apparently still are several months later. I would recommend anyone trying to get groceries for arrival not depend on them. Are there other more dependable options?