• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV OF Villas - Fri check-in not available?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So... I just found out (the hard way) that Friday check-in is not available for WKORV OF Villas for any portion of the 2Bd LO - seriously... this is not mentioned in the CCRs.
[Fri check-in is available for OV and IV]

Anyone ever heard of this? I am surprised that this is not dissimimated to OF Owners.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
So... I just found out (the hard way) that Friday check-in is not available for WKORV OF Villas for any portion of the 2Bd LO - seriously... this is not mentioned in the CCRs.

Anyone ever heard of this? I am surprised that this is not dissimimated to OF Owners.

I remember a discussion quite a while back about the percentage of units which were supposedly allocated for which check-in day, but I don't think which unit views are allocated to which day has ever been officially published.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This came very close to screwing up my friend's vacation plans as I was not aware that Friday check-in is not ever available. Luckily I was able to switch to Sun-Sun and they will have to find 2 nights at a later time for Fri-Sat stays - hopefully the $200 promo - or SPs can be used.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
$200 promo?

There is another thread that was posted a couple days ago - Starwood is offering WPORV (not WKORV) for $200 a night for a studio.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is another thread that was posted a couple days ago - Starwood is offering WPORV (not WKORV) for $200 a night for a studio.

Thanks for the clarification -- I thought David/Robin were talking about a promo at WKORV(N)

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, the last two times I've called to reserve my WKORV OF I've been told upfront that they are Sat/Sun checkin only. The explanation I got was that there aren't enough OF units to make checkin across 3 days practical. Friday checkin for WKORVN OF is available - my next reservation is for a Friday.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Yes, the last two times I've called to reserve my WKORV OF I've been told upfront that they are Sat/Sun checkin only. The explanation I got was that there aren't enough OF units to make checkin across 3 days practical. Friday checkin for WKORVN OF is available - my next reservation is for a Friday.

Interesting. I wonder if this is true just for the south side or the north as well (because there are a lot more "OF" views on the north)?

If so, I should change my II request to check-in on Saturday only.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

They told you upfront -When you were not looking to check-in on a Friday? I reserve OF villa there like 12 times now - and first I heard about it.

I understand the reason - I just hadn't heard the policy - and it certainly not covered in the CCRs where it should be. Glad I am aware - almost caused a big issue because they first said Oct12 (Fri) was available, therefore I canceled my existing July4 week - only then to tell me there was no Fri check-in and I couldn't reserve Oct12 (oops).

This is only for WKORV OF.

A promo does often run for WKORV in October time period.

I changed to Sun-Sun for my friends to use our OF studio - so it worked out. I will reserve a villa using SPs if no promo for the Fri/Sat nights in October.

Last edited:

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they told me without my asking about Friday checkin. Maybe because I have OF in both WKORV and WKORVN and they didn't want me to confuse the two? Don't know.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
When I asked at WKORN two years ago, I asked which OF units had which check-in day. The front desk manager checked her computer and gave me the list of the all the WKRON OF units, and their check-in day. At that time, the OF units were pretty evenly spit between Friday, Saturday and Sunday check-in. Now a lot can change in two years, so I don't know what they are doing now. But if they are not allowing Friday check-in for OF on the North, it has changed in the last year or so.

Greg

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Greg - this is for WKORV (south) OF only (not north)