• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV Maintenance

Scott&Laura

Reaction score
While we were there in November they painted a lot of WKORV

They taped off the windows and balconies. Some OV and OF users were not able to use there balconies. I was told major maintenance is typically done in September-October but the painting went on because of weather. It was windy several days, I guess that would be a bad paint day unless you like everything including grass a monotone beige. It will look nice for Starwood to sell out any open units at Thanksgiving and Christmas rush--- supply demand curve functioning to keep supply low.

The concierge informed us that they were full with half renters. Contemplating that, I noticed that only 1 in 10 barbecues were cleaned by prior users. Glasses and bottles everywhere, and food messes at times. The resort staff had to spend a lot of time cleaning up after people.

It appears transient renters inflict an inordinate toll on the resort. Oh Well

Regards

Scott

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I noticed the painting, also (it would have been hard not to notice). Building 2 is completely finished and most of Building 3 was also done when I left last Friday.

The new paint color is a bit cooler; a very light green with a hint of gray compared to the warmer, yellower tone of before. Very pleasant and more up-to-date than previous.

I have blamed Starwood for many things over the years, but I cannot fault them for wind delays.

I didn't notice the BBQ's being any messier than typical. What I did notice was that they were not as crowded as usual (I BBQ'd at Building 8 in North).

Scott&Laura

Reaction score
I should clarify

everything was quiet and great until Friday Saturday when the Kids hit.
We go in the fall as its always quiet.

The grills were a disaster on Saturday night and in stark contrast to the previous two weeks

Scott

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
I should clarify

everything was quiet and great until Friday Saturday when the Kids hit.
We go in the fall as its always quiet.

The grills were a disaster on Saturday night and in stark contrast to the previous two weeks

Scott

It is amazing how school vacations can make a huge difference. We were at WKORN last Feb. for the two weeks leading up to Presidents Day. We were told the resort was full, but the pool areas had plenty of empty chairs.

Then on the Saturday and Sunday of Presidents Weekend, the pools were packed and all the chairs were occupied. It felt crowded. Thankfully, we left on that Sunday and didn't have to fight that crowd.

Wow! What a difference a week makes.

Greg