• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV Cash & Points

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Per William on FlyerTalker, WKORV participates in Cash & Points. Kinda pricey in terms of StarPoints for most of them, but it might be useful for someone. Codes are below:

It depends upon the property. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas participates in Cash & Points upgrade awards:

SPGCPSS = Deluxe Oceanview Studio Villa @US$110 + 7,250 Starpoints/nt
SPGCPSU3 = Deluxe Island View 1 Bedroom Villa @US$110 + 27,000 Starpoints/nt
SPGCPSU4 = Oceanview 1 Bedroom Villa @US$110 + 36,000 Starpoints/nt

Fifth night free does not apply to these awards, but black-out dates and capacity controls do.

You would have to call the SPG Customer Contact Center to see if they have availability for your travel dates, however.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879704

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Using cash and points a studio & a 1 bdm. would be 302,750 Starpoints for a week PLUS *$1,540....

But if an owner converts the exact same units to Starpoints, I get 80K Starpoints! :eek:

Now that seems totally fair! :annoyed:

*Corrected my math error!

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's worse than that. The cash and points deal would be all those points PLUS $1540, because you have to pay the cash portion twice, once for the studio and once for the one bedroom.

Michael

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's worse than that. The cash and points deal would be all those points PLUS $1540, because you have to pay the cash portion twice, once for the studio and once for the one bedroom.

Michael

Good point, Michael!

(That's what I get for trying to do math! :eek: )

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
we're staying our week at the WKORVN Feb 8th - 15th but opted to get our two other nights at the Sheraton for $90 + 4800 pts.

They don't offer C&P often but for the last month i've seen most dates available at the Sheraton and hoping with being gold, and it being our wedding on the 14th and honeymoon the 15th & 16th, that we'll get a decent upgrade if not an amazing upgrade.

We went to Seattle in Aug, stayed at the Westin on C&P and were very lucky to be upgraded to the presidential suite on the 47th floor.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great deal. I loooove the Sheraton. I think it's still the best location on Kaanapali.

I can't believe you got upgraded too! I have been to that hotel in Seattle and it was beautiful (even in a regular room)! Congrats.

Katherine

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
hvan

We stayed at the Sheraton Maui OV room for $199 special online deal and then were upgraded to OF with a wonderful view of the islands. Normally the rates are $500 and up. Rooms and service were wonderful. It was our anniversary also.

Next day we checked into the Westin for the week and stayed in the south bldgs on an exchange. What a place! You will love it.

Then we flew to San Francisco and stayed at Westin Market. Used points and cash 12k pts and $180 cash for 3 nights. Would have cost us close to $700.

Normally we have been Marriott for everything but I must say I loved the Starwood/Westin resorts. And I like the cash plus points option.

Used Amex points for airfare. We were amazed at what this trip would have cost us without all these special rates and points. We paid 1/3 of that.

Last edited:

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at both Sheraton and WKORV's previously and our last trip to the Sheraton didn't get us anything too nice.

We used straight points for one night and got a ground floor room but at least it opened up on the oceanside where we could walk right out across the lawn to the beach.

before that I had won a trip and took my mom. We had a corner room with view of the ocean on the 4th floor. .the room just seemed nicer and beds softer but after our stay at the Westin Villas last Oct they didn't compare.

We did the $749 package deal but got a Deluxe Kind Studio on the ocean side though still ground floor and overlooking a parking lot but the 30 sec walk to the beach was great and the room (even for the timeshare package deal) was GREAT! Loved the jacuzzi tub, fabulous beds, and roomy - guess thats also why we ended up purchasing a 2 bd villa on the North side :)

After 7 days there though with our mom's and kids I think we'll be happy for the change of scenery at the Sheraton and it's just two days. .. i'm still holding out very high hopes of a big upgrade :) Everything else just seems to be working out so well.

I've contacted Keith to be our officiant http://www.reverendkeithpagan.com/ and he just seems so darn cool, down to earth and should keep things a little sarcastic which all the men in my family seem to be.

And yesterday I found THE dress. . .i was going to just wear a sarong but now i've ordered this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0649&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

and with a current microsoft promotion I got 25% off and paying just $88 total (no tax/shipping)!!! Also used the 25% off deal to get my waterproof camcorder for $210 (after discounts) and I got it yesterday in the mail and it's perfect
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110300486723

the 25% comes in to play when you do a search on Live.com for say a Wii or Ps3, look for the "cashback" link and click, it'll direct you back to ebay where if you purchase something on a Buy-Now & pay with paypal you'll get 25% cashback on MOST purchases. This ties to a Microsoft account, like my hotmail account and it takes 60 days to get the cashback but still a GREAT deal. . was 30% off until two days ago so if you're looking for something you really need buy it soon on ebay before the cashback promo is over. Check this message board for in extra info on Microsoft & Live.com's cashback deal http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=144145&t=952519

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
granted it's not related to C&P offer but figured I'd share the deal I got on a waterproof camcorder since so many people here are fellow snorkeler's.

the Microsoft cashback can have many benefits as well like if you can find a buy now listing for a week at a timeshare you can earn $200 cashback.

That is the max of the cashback but can be used on up to 12 purchases and max of $2500 total.

Say you find a unit for $700 - $1000 with buy-now (anything over $666.67) will net you $200 cashback if paying via paypal.

So i guess my train of thought was that if people using C&P's wanted a extra deal on ANYTHING from camcorders to resort/hotel night stays could end up with extra savings.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the Microsoft cashback can have many benefits as well like if you can find a buy now listing for a week at a timeshare you can earn $200 cashback.

The T&Cs specifically exclude real estate.

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
timeshare rentals must not count. I just tested it out with a rental for $1099 at the Westin in Maui and if you click the buy-now (you don't have to confirm) you can see that the purchase will earn you $200 cashback.

You can test out any items like this and as long as you don't click "Confirm" or "commit" you can simply view the cashback award and make sure it'll qualify before purchasing.

Real sweet deal if you can find one for around $700 and earn the $200 cash back!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
timeshare rentals must not count.

The cashbacks still have to go through an auditing process. Some FTers have reported getting emails from MS saying that they weren't eligible for cash back even after they got a msg saying they would. So while you might be able to get away with it, I wouldn't count on it.

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
but buying a week vacation isn't the same as buying real estate.

I haven't purchased any weeks since our accomodations are paid for but I read through all the T&C and didn't find anything that would go against buying a vacation or a week at a resort. . .maybe actually buying a timeshare or house or something with a deed but not just a 7 day trip.

I've gotten my wedding dress, photobook codes, & waterproof camcorder all of which netted me cashback of $122.94 and should have that before we leave for Maui.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Hvan-that dress is just beautiful!