• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORN Current Status 11/22/2020

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Can you give us a feel for what's open or closed, like the restaurants for example? Are the shuttles running?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you give us a feel for what's open or closed, like the restaurants for example? Are the shuttles running?

The letter above really says it all. It feels great- feels like 50% full. People are being respectful of the mask rules. Let me know if you have a specific question that isn’t covered in the letter and I’ll do my best to answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The letter above really says it all. It feels great- feels like 50% full. People are being respectful of the mask rules. Let me know if you have a specific question that isn’t covered in the letter and I’ll do my best to answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not going to try to read that, I was hoping you could spell it out.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not going to try to read that, I was hoping you could spell it out.

Why would you not try to read it (LOL)? I thought I was being helpful. I am not going to try to type it out. I’m reposting with and edit of the actual part you are interested in. Please try to read it
7a92d67d4fc6853a83b97a47a4fc0283.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Why would you not try to read it (LOL)? I thought I was being helpful. I am not going to try to type it out. I’m reposting with and edit of the actual part you are interested in. Please try to read it
7a92d67d4fc6853a83b97a47a4fc0283.jpg

I still can't see it all. LOL! Why do you post this thing we can't SEE?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Open with Social Distancing
BBQ Grills
Beach Services
Concierge
Fitness Center
The WestinWORKOUT has modified hours from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
On-Site Convenience Store
Lamont's Sundry Store (South Tower) is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
On-Site Restaurant
For the safety of our associates and guests, masks will be REQUIRED at all times while in the restaurant, unless seated at a table. No bar stools will be available. Menus will be available via QR codes and disposable paper menus upon request. Sanitizer stations will be available.
Pool Bar/Grille
Pailolo Bar & Grill is now open for Lunch and Dinner from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily with a limited, all day takeout menu. Poolside Service Hours are from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. On Sundays, Pailolo Bar & Grill is open for breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. For the safety of our associates and guests, masks will be REQUIRED at all times while in the restaurant, unless seated at a table. No bar stools will be available. Menus will be available via QR codes and disposable paper menus upon request. Sanitizer stations will be available.
Pool Chairs
Pool chairs are arranged to meet social distancing requirements.
Pool(s)
Poolside Cabanas
Sports Courts/Playgrounds
The Tennis Court/Basketball Court is open but Owners and Guests must provide their own equipment.
Shuttle is available on a “Modified Schedule”

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I still can't see it all. LOL! Why do you post this thing we can't SEE?

It could be what you’re viewing it on. I can read it fine, even without enlarging it on my phone.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can read the letter too. Thanks for posting.

I called the resort, and they told me the Lahaina shuttle is running like usual. It goes once an hour. The Ka'anapali route is not running right now.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I can read the letter too. Thanks for posting.

I called the resort, and they told me the Lahaina shuttle is running like usual. It goes once an hour. The Ka'anapali route is not running right now.
What is the Kaanapali route? Is that the route to the Westin Hotel and Whaler's Village?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. That is what I meant.

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
So all it took was a pandemic to sort out the pool chair hogs. :)
That is not true. Those rude people are still alive and well doing their hogging. I was there 10/30-11/6. I had a great view from from our villa. There were at least 5-6 sets of lounges at 7:00 a.m. where people put the fake set up with the fresh towel and maybe a magazine that tries to say " I'm at the pool now, you just can't see me because I'm not even there but I'll be back about 9:30" It is more of an issue now because they have really reduced the number of loungers out there. They need to add more and there is ample space to do so and still be socially distanced. The picture above is off the pool back in the middle of the buildings. Chair hogs took all of the ones up in the front looking at the ocean. Management needs to step up and get back to enforcing the situation. Also, since people are doing with fewer lounge chairs please be courteous when you leave and pick up your towels and put them in the towel bin so others know the lounge is available. I can't believe how many people just pick up their crap and leave. WKORVN ain't the Four Seasons.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
That is not true. Those rude people are still alive and well doing their hogging. I was there 10/30-11/6. I had a great view from from our villa. There were at least 5-6 sets of lounges at 7:00 a.m. where people put the fake set up with the fresh towel and maybe a magazine that tries to say " I'm at the pool now, you just can't see me because I'm not even there but I'll be back about 9:30" It is more of an issue now because they have really reduced the number of loungers out there. They need to add more and there is ample space to do so and still be socially distanced. The picture above is off the pool back in the middle of the buildings. Chair hogs took all of the ones up in the front looking at the ocean. Management needs to step up and get back to enforcing the situation. Also, since people are doing with fewer lounge chairs please be courteous when you leave and pick up your towels and put them in the towel bin so others know the lounge is available. I can't believe how many people just pick up their crap and leave. WKORVN ain't the Four Seasons.

I was also there two weeks ago and was amazed by the number of chairs with ONLY towels on them, considering how few chairs there are. There was a person next to us looking for a chair and the pool attendant removed some towels, amazingly some lady showed up at just the right time and threw the usual fit about it. (I believe they were watching from their room) and wouldn't allow the pool attendant to remove the towels. The lady that just wanted to lounge by the pool stomped off in frustration. You'd think that by now (especially now) people would show some kind of courtesy and allow others to enjoy the amenities that are open. It didn't help that the chain hogs then proceeded to play a VERY noisy and annoying dice game in a plastic box that amplified the sound of rolling dice for the next hour. Destroyed what peace there was at the pool that day.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
The place is EMPTY! But the pool deck is all wet, like everyone was just chased by rain.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
so much for that theory

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to get there next week. Thank you for the updates. I hope the COVID test results don't cause us to cancel at the last minute.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I would so like to BE there, but getting there from where I live is not gonna happen. Unless you beam me up, Scotty!