• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

With 1 days notice, BG eliminates ability to deposit Free Week in RCI/II.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
BG Platinum (and Gold) level owners each year get to reserve 3 (or 1) weeks in Blue or White season.
You can use these weeks yourself or deposit them into a BG provided RCI account for TPUs or your personal II account.
I have been a Platinum level owner for almost 15 years and have used the exchange benefit exclusively

On 6/10 posts started to show up on various owners groups stating they were told THAT day that as of June 12th 2024, free
weeks could no longer be used for exchange.

There was much disbelief but many contacted BG via phone or chat and it was confirmed; no more deposits into any exchange companies.
Apparently owners will be notified via email ?????
When?????

The downward spiral and erosion of BG benefits and poor customer service continues.

Continually Hurting their top tier owners, not very smart!

(This does not affect owners ability to exchange BG points via the BG/RCI portal)

Attachments

• IMG_4509.jpeg
    IMG_4509.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4507.png
    IMG_4507.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4508.jpeg
    IMG_4508.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Pffffft. These idiots are unbelievable.
Glad I am getting out.
It was good while it lasted like everything timeshare related it seems in the end the corporate greed just can’t help themselves.
So what would happen if many owners just walk away and the economy tanks?
Then they are stuck maintaining the whole thing?
I guess they try to sell the land they stole and cash out.
What is it to them if owners want exchanging options?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Up until 16 years ago, owners could deposit any (almost all) reservations directly into RCI. So people could reserve a studio at Big Cedar for 2,000/3,000 points and deposit into RCI and get exchanges.

Bluegreen took that away and made all RCI exchanges thru a portal with a fixed grid - high season trade into Florida 1BR is 11K points or Caribbean 2BR high season 22K. It costs many more points to exchange in RCI now.
This allowed BG to give RCI whatever reservation/location that was to BG advantage rather than a high demand Big Cedar or Hammocks Resie.
The only winner here was BG

Only the free weeks could still be deposited directly into RCI or II.
I believe because these were "free" and no points are deducted from your account.

Anyway, why should they care what owners use to exchanges?
They want full control of how their inventory is used/utilized.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Glad I am getting out.
It was good while it lasted like everything timeshare related it seems in the end the corporate greed just can’t help themselves.
So what would happen if many owners just walk away and the economy tanks?
Then they are stuck maintaining the whole thing?
I guess they try to sell the land they stole and cash out.
In general, I've never really understood the resort / HOAs antagonism vs exchanges via 1 in 3 rules or extra resort fees. They're already getting MFs to cover use of the week. Why do they care who specifically uses that week? I've heard people speculate that the 1 in 3 rule is because they want to push exchangers to become owners, but that feels like flawed logic, similar to the old RIAAs claim that everyone who downloaded a song would have bought the CD back in the aughts.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is true of pretty much every mini-system. There are some upsides--namely, high-demand inventory is more likely to be used by owners rather than exchangers. For example, I once was able to stay at DVC's Beach Club on a (discounted!) exchange during Food & Wine. This is possibly one of the most difficult bookings for DVC owners in the entire system, and it was thrown to an exchange guest on the cheap.

Jeddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreenpoints; Hotel Blake (Chicago), Ellis Square (Savannah), Christmas Mtn (Wisconsin Dells), Outrigger Beach Club (FL)
Another move by new Hilton management to deprecate value of BlueGreen VOI / Club membership.
It's also consistent with a strategy to keep the VOI / club "owners only" (i.e., no renters; guests discouraged, etc).