• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WINPOINTVIP not as reseller, but as Passport seller

mikelyle

Reaction score
Hello All,
Maybe as a timeshare reseller Mike Sullivan is OK.....I simply don't know. But as a very recent WinPointVIP purchaser, I couldn't be more unhappy and frankly feel that he stole seven thousand dollars from me.

I had many conversations with his salesman and was led to believe that Winpointvip was associated with Wyndham. IT IS NOT.
If you buy "Points" 250,000.......500,000.....a million etc be advised that you are not buying Wyndham points. You are buying "Access" to those points entirely relying on some guy out of his house in Madison Wisconsin. His Phone number is an Illinois cell phone number. The hair on the back of my neck should have gone up, but at that point, it was purely conversations on the phone .

The word WynpointVIP sounds exactly like WINPOINTVIP verbally.

When the contract was sent to me, I did not notice that the name was WINPOINTVIP and had nothing to do with the Wyndham multibillion dollar corporation, coupled with the fact that they are allegedly selling access to Wyndham EXCLUSIVELY, it seemed as though WINPOINTVIP was associated with Wyndham.

When I discovered the truth 5 days after sending the check, I called and said this was "Not a good fit" for my wife and I in our retirement years. Although the ink was not yet dry on the check, they refused to refund the money.

Every booking that you want to do, you must email this guy in Wisconsin, wait for a reply to see if you received the booking you are hoping for, If not available, then you must try again for a new date with the same email procedure. A rather difficult way to make travel plans.

One more question....How can they sell access to points that they "Manage" for other people ? Does that not dilute the value of the very points that they are paid to protect ?

I wish I had done better homework 2 days earlier so I could have stopped payment on my check.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of business with winpointvip and have found Mike Sullivan to be an honorable guy and easy to work with, so reading this post bothered me a little. I called Mike and asked him to explain

Mike sent me two email chains. long story short, Im not changing my high opinion of Mike and his company winpointvip

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: Sea Gardens 1 night
Date: September 17, 2015 at 1:11:26 PM CDT
To: WinPointVIP <msullivan@winpointvip.com>

When I get to Pompano, I sure hope that reservation is in tact, If we are stuck in Florida with no where to stay, after we have been confirmed by you via what we paid for.....It won't look too good to the state for you.....Or the BBB....Or whoever may inquire.

Oh Wait, you probably don't know yet. Complaint about WinpointVIP already filed with State of Wisconsin, ( http://datcp.wi.gov/File_Complaint/index.aspx )
And filed the Madison BBB. Putting my thinking cap on about how else to warn folks about WINPOINTVIP.
I wasted 7 grand.......You're gonna waste countless hours (and probably get shut down by the state of Wisconsin) attempting to explain Wyndham Points, where they came from, Timeshare, how you are in charge of managing other peoples property, yet selling access to it......

You're gonna love it

To: "MIKE" <mikelyle@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:31:34 PM

Mike, I never threatened to not help you use the WinPointVIP Passport. I have only been trying to help you use it. I understand that you are trying to create a paper trail that would offer evidence otherwise but there simply isn’t any. I am leaving the booking as is. I recommend that you contact an attorney before you start contacting third parties with your lies and misinformation but a fool often can’t restrain his own behavior. If you do follow through with your threats to intentionally harm my business then I will seek legal counsel but am otherwise going to press ahead and be available as usual. Mike Sullivan

On Sep 16, 2015, at 3:24 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

Not sure yet who to contact at Wyndham corporate.....Still working on it.Maybe you know someone ?
So glad you did send a copy of the original booking confirm AND THEN the screenshot of the reduction down to 1 night ......10 minutes after your threat to do so.
I'll be sure to include copies of those as well

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:59:42 PM

Mike, I booked Oct 3-5 for you at Sea Gardens and copied you on the booking. I am offering to improve on that booking, if you want, but otherwise will leave as is. Nothing happened to the original booking. I just saw that 1N could be booked now, if it is only October 3rd that you need. But if you need the night of October 4th then it still needs to be 2 nights. Calm down, you are only hurting yourself.

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:50 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

You sent me proof 3 or 4 days ago that I had the booking ?
Now, 10 minutes after our conversation, its no longer available ?
Thank you for sending me proof that you have acted upon the threat that you made to "NOT" get me bookings. Now you are actually undoing existing bookings, Thanks for the proof.

Poor business choice
Game On

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: WinPointVIP Passport
Date: September 16, 2015 at 2:18:38 PM CDT
To: WinPointVIP <msullivan@winpointvip.com>

Mike,
Would it not be a wise decision to simply let me out of the 6 day old contract and give me my money back ?
I will contact the Wisconsin attorney General consumer affairs office, I'll diligently contact Wyndham that you are using the name Winpoint VIP misleading people thinking they are buying a Wyndham product (ironically selling access to Wyndham), Timeshare Users Group postings regarding my experience with you and Marc Thomas. Any other timeshare websites I can locate to warn people of your deceptive business practice. Might even open a small website explaining my experience with you..... and pay Google Adwords to make sure no one misses the website.

You are trying to build a business, wouldn't it be simpler to not me out there complaining to the attorney general of your state....To not have to continually defend yourself and try to explain that you're actually honest. How many potential customers in your extremely small "Glitch" market will you "Not Get" because they are Leary of the whole setup ?
That is what I meant by Good Business. You threatened to NOT get me bookings, if I go public with my experience with you ?. I paid for that access....you can't deny me.

Seems like a no brainer on your part. This is the last time I will contact you regarding this matter, let me know if you will give me my money back.
Mike Lyle

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:19:16 PM
Subject: Re: WinPointVIP Passport

Hi Mike, I will try to reach you on the phone again in about 5 minutes, I left a voicemail earlier. I haven’t been holding your check for 6 days though? You overnighted it along with the signed contract and I deposited it. I am interested to learn about your experience with Marc Thomas because what your are claiming is uncharacteristic. I’ve been working with him for over 3 years, he is a passport holder himself, and he has brought us many very happy clients. I can imagine that he would be upset about your wanting to cancel and that such a conversation would be uncomfortable because you are wanting to break a contract that would cost him a commission. It would likely have been more friendly if you had focused on how to use the WinPointVIP Passport rather than how to renege on your agreement. If, for whatever reason, you don’t want to talk with Marc Thomas, that won’t interfere with your use of the WinPointVIP Passport because Marc brokers the product but doesn’t service them and isn’t an employee. My conversation with you will have the goal of helping you with your WinPointVIP Passport and to discover more fully the incredible discounts, priority and upgrades it brings to your travel portfolio. Honoring a contract is good business, breaking a contract is not. Mike Sullivan

On Sep 16, 2015, at 12:46 PM, MIKE <mikelyle@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes I know that is what the contract states.....I'm not speaking from a "Legal" standpoint, I'm asking as a good business practice. You've been in possession of the check for 6 days, things are not as they were represented to me, the guy that talked me into it was rather hostile to me and I simply no longer want to be a part of it. There has been no expense on your part yet.
I've been a member of T.U.G. for some 19 years now, my family has been featured in the RCI magazine 6 times and we were on the Summerbay website for about 13 years. That being said, I'm not asking for anything that will cost you anything.......It would simply be good business for both of us.
Give me a call when you get a minute
Thank You

Cc: "Marc Thomas - Timeshare-Marketplace.com" <247thomas@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:10:22 AM
Subject: WinPointVIP Passport

Mike, I have attached the WinPointVIP Passport Assignment for your records. Please note that this agreement clearly states, “Passport holder may terminate their participation at anytime and for any reason without penalty. Assignment and usage fees are non-refundable.” The WinPointVIP Passport is an outstanding product that provides tremendous travel discounts, priority bookings and free room upgrades. I do not understand why you are feeling buyers remorse and am here to help you go over the program again and realize many times your investment in future travel savings. I have an appt today from 11AM to Noon but can talk before or after that. Thanks, Mike Sullivan

Michael D Sullivan

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
WinPointVIP is not Wyndham? And I thought they sounded so alike.

Next thing you know I will find out Disney point renters The DVC Rental Store and David's Vacation Club Rentals are not a part of DVC. :confused:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I posted on the other thread -- but stating short version here: I've been a WinPointVIP member for ~3 years and have completed at least 4 trips. Each trip was 100% successful.

I have no qualms about how the program was advertised or explained to me. It works "as described" in the simple contract. Booking through Mike Sullivan is a pleasure.

DLTraveler09

Reaction score
I have too been a WinPointVIP member for about 2 years and have completed 2 trips. I had no trouble with either trip and am very eager to do more. It is true you are NOT purchasing ownership into Wyndham directly. However Marc Thomas who created the contract and Mike himself spoke to me about the terms and I was not confused when I purchased what I was getting. Marc patiently explained at length, multiple times, what I was purchasing and he was not at all pushy. He was in fact opposite of pushy and said if I want to wait that is perfectly fine. As I said, Mike even talked to me BEFORE I bought it because I thought 'what if this guy retires, than what happens?' He has a great plan in place so this membership outlives him. Good business practice I think.

At first I was questioning if it were 'real' but I took the chance on the LOWER membership not the higher one you purchased. I guess I don't go in with two feet first like you did :) After I used it once I believed. Also, Mike works so closely with his members that you trust him each time. There is no doubt Mike is trustworthy in my opinion!

Debbie

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have too been a WinPointVIP member for about 2 years and have completed 2 trips. I had no trouble with either trip and am very eager to do more. It is true you are NOT purchasing ownership into Wyndham directly. However Marc Thomas who created the contract and Mike himself spoke to me about the terms and I was not confused when I purchased what I was getting. Marc patiently explained at length, multiple times, what I was purchasing and he was not at all pushy. He was in fact opposite of pushy and said if I want to wait that is perfectly fine. As I said, Mike even talked to me BEFORE I bought it because I thought 'what if this guy retires, than what happens?' He has a great plan in place so this membership outlives him. Good business practice I think.

At first I was questioning if it were 'real' but I took the chance on the LOWER membership not the higher one you purchased. I guess I don't go in with two feet first like you did :) After I used it once I believed. Also, Mike works so closely with his members that you trust him each time. There is no doubt Mike is trustworthy in my opinion!

Debbie

its quite possible that the reservations Mike made for you were made in my account.

as one of the winpointVIP "landlords" I had a similar concern...I want to be fairly certain Mike outlives me. so my question for Mike was What if you get run over by a bus? . I agree with you Mike has a a plan. his is not a business that will die with him... Its probably less a concern for me than you as Mike is about 20 years younger than I