• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg Questions

reedps

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! We will be heading to Williamsburg at the end of the month and had a few questions.

1. I saw that one can now purchase Entertainment books from their site for about half price. Is there anything in the Virginia books for the Williamsburg area? Would it be worthwhile?

2. Where is a good place to get tickets for Colonial Williamsburg and surrounding attractions? Are there any discounts available?

3. We are staying at Manor Club Sequel. Any suggestions on which buildings to request? We most prefer to be in updated units. Have there been renovations there recently where some buildings are updated and some are not?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give!!!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to number on where to buy the book, but there are many good restaurants in the Williamsburg area in it.

For tickets go the Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestowne, Yorktown, and Busch Gardens web sites and see what you find. They are offering combination packages or you can do a la carte. AAA offers discounts to Busch Gardens, but they aren't the best you can do if you want to go more than one day, see more stuff, etc.

For the sequel question, I'm not real sure that it matters that much in the spring. There are three buildings. The first one is closest to the original section, marketplace, etc. It is also near where the employee parking lot is located if that matters to you. It is also the closest to Ford's Colony Country Club. It is adjacent to the kids play ground and pool. The second building is on the other side of the outdoor pool (closed until warmer days show up) and across from the tennis courts and grill area. The third building is next to the second building and is adjacent to woods. It is the farthest building from everything else and parking in front of the unit is limited. They just upgraded the mattresses in all buildings, but that's about it for refurbishing on the sequel side.

The buildings are layed out like a big long hotel with all doors accessable from one interior hall. All buildings back up to a golf hole, but only the end units have balconies that overlook the course. The rest of the units overlook common areas or trees. Request a third floor, end unit, away from the elevator for the least noise up and down the hall and above you. Better balcony view also. I always want the middle building when I stay there.

Send me a private message or email if you want more specifics about Manor Club or Williamsburg.

J

JoeMid

You can go to entertainment.com and change your location to zip 23185 and it will list all the offers/coupons with the distance from that Williamsburg zip code, then you can decide if it's worthwhile and remember you can use the card for 'fine dining' punches anywhere no matter what book/edition it came out of. So if you bought the Williamsburg book you could use the card for 'fine dining' restaurants at home, too.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurant.com

Restaurant.com has quite a few coupons available in the area -- including Newport News and Norfolk.

We like Seasons and Aroma's cafe. We think the food at Aroma's is a terrific bargain.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
reedps said:
Hi! We will be heading to Williamsburg at the end of the month and had a few questions.

1. I saw that one can now purchase Entertainment books from their site for about half price. Is there anything in the Virginia books for the Williamsburg area? Would it be worthwhile?

I haven't found the Entertainment book to be all that great. I believe it's the Virginia Beach book that has a lot of the Williamsburg coupons in it. We've purchased the book twice but won't purchase it again if we ever return.

2. Where is a good place to get tickets for Colonial Williamsburg and surrounding attractions? Are there any discounts available?

You can get them right at Manor Club. There are discounts available for AAA members but you'll havet to get them at the ticket office in the visitors center for Colonial Williamsburg.

3. We are staying at Manor Club Sequel. Any suggestions on which buildings to request? We most prefer to be in updated units. Have there been renovations there recently where some buildings are updated and some are not?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give!!!

All the buildings in Sequal seem to be pretty equal to me. They're new enough I can't see any of them going through renovation yet. We were at Manor Club Sequal just a couple of years ago. The link below will provide you with pictures of the unit and common grounds to Manor Club.

http://community.webshots.com/album/189237046rumEwn