• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg: Manor Club

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I've subscribed to II through January 2015.

I've spacebanked our Monarch at Sea Pines week with II, and came up with the following questions after my first foray on II:

1) what is the difference between Manor Club and Manor Club Sequel on II? I assume it is just a difference in phases built? Any exchange issues that would make me choose one phase over the other?

2) I requested to see all available Manor Ford weeks between Sept 2012 and Jan 2014. But they only showed weeks through Feb 2013. Any special reason for the shorter time span shown that I need to know about, other than no availabilty after Feb 2013?

Thanks.
Nancy

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The Sequel consists of all lock offs and the original phase is all dedicated 2 bedrooms. All units in both phases float within their seasons and can be reserved and therefore deposited in II no earlier than 12/13 months before check in day. The only Marriotts you will see further out are the fixed units which I believe can be deposited up to 2 years prior to check in date.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I've spacebanked our Monarch at Sea Pines week with II, and came up with the following questions after my first foray on II:

1) what is the difference between Manor Club and Manor Club Sequel on II? I assume it is just a difference in phases built? Any exchange issues that would make me choose one phase over the other?

The original Manor Club is a special place - one of if not the best timeshare we have ever enjoyed. It resembles an old Virgina plantation and is properly decorated with period appropriate furnishings (unless they have unwisely updated/renovated it differently than it was a few years back - I certainly hope that hasn't happened!) and is a class place to stay. It is unique.

The sequel is nothing more than the more or less standard type Marriott timeshare unit that happens to be on the same grounds as the original & shares the common elements. It is nothing special. You'd be better off with the more conveniently located and every bit as nice units at Greensprings or Govenors Green as they are better than the sequel. It is nothing special while the original stands alone as a unique place to stay. The location of both isn't the best as they are rather isolated but it's worth it to stay in the original - not the sequel.

CashEddie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

2) I requested to see all available Manor Ford weeks between Sept 2012 and Jan 2014. But they only showed weeks through Feb 2013. Any special reason for the shorter time span shown that I need to know about, other than no availabilty after Feb 2013?

Thanks.
Nancy

Hey Nancy,

Manor Club is the original phase that was built. The units are much nicer than the sequel units. If your are fortanute enough to get into the Berkeley Manor Building (the original building that Marriott inherited from Ford Colony) and stay in one of the 3rd floor units with the lofts, you will see why this place is special. This original building was built to the specs of a full ownership condo so these units give you a true home feel with huge walk in closets, separate powder rooms, half bathroom in the main entry hallway.

If you trade into Manor Club, you will really enjoy the resort.