• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg; Fairfield Patriot or Kingsgate??

radconjohn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of going to Williamsburg this summer and there is availabilty there for a 1 bedroom at either the Fairfield Patriot or the Fairfield Kingsgate. The Patriot has a full and a partial kitchen available and the Kingsgate has only the mini kitchen. I have never been to either resort and was wondering which one is better?? Which one has better access to the unit, hearing the neighbors, etc..... I would guess that they are both a lockoff unit and probably on the smaller side. There will be 2 adults and 2 children ages 13/8. I would like some info about the units themselves. I understand that there is alot to do at the resorts and the area, so I am familiar with the goings on for the area.
Thanks in advance!!!

noson7982

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fairfield Patriot or the Fairfield Kingsgate

Fairfield Patriot Place one bedroom A side would have the most room with full kitchen. They had a large jacuzzi in the bath but I heard that as they are upgrading the units they are removing the Tubs. The Bside is as small as a Hotel Room. the Fairfield Kingsgate with small kitchen are not my favorite . Seems very dark and small but they are upgrading the decor here also. Fairfield Patriot Place only has a fair size outdoor pool but you can use the amenities at Fairfield Kingsgate or even the new Governours Green. So I would probably take the space at Fairfield Patriots Place
JMHO

Robnsunny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that the Patriot Place with the full kitchen is the much nicer unit. Your family would be tight in either of the ones with a mini kitchen. Kingsgate does have the nicer facilities for kids, but as was pointed out, it's only about a 5 minute drive and you have full use of the amenities.

A 2 bdr unit at Kingsgate would probably be ideal for you if you can find one.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I checked Fairfield's site for the floorplans and from what they are showing for the two options, I'd recommend Kingsgate. The floorplan at Kingsgate has a front room with a sleeper sofa, chairs and very small efficiency kitchen/bar. It has a decent bathroom, and the one we were in when we were there had a small laundry center in it as well. The back bedroom is where the bed is. Both front and back rooms had TVs. There would at least be some sleeping privacy this way.

Patriot's Place on the other hand had a front room with the slightly larger kitchen etc and the back room had both the bed and a sleeper sofa. Unless it is a "sleep 6" then I would interpret that to mean that all the sleeping arrangements are for the same room. I've never been to PP so I don't know.

If you've registered as a TUG member, there is a floorplan for Kingsgate in the reviews section of the site, but not one for PP at this time.

BTW, we LOVED our trip to Williamsburg and hope to return soon!

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
what to do for 8 and 10 year olds

We are gong to be at Kingsgate April 14 for a week which is Easter Break in California. What do you suggest we do to get our kids "cultured and educated" while adding some fun????
Would love some insider tips for sights, entertainment, dining, ect

thanxxxxx

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
teachingmyown said:
Patriot's Place on the other hand had a front room with the slightly larger kitchen etc and the back room had both the bed and a sleeper sofa.
We were at Patriot's Place Xmas a year ago, in the larger 1-BR unit with the fireplace. I don't recall any sort of sofa in the bedroom, and I believe they called it privacy for 4, so unless I'm having memory loss (always a possibility)or they've rearranged things, sleeping accommodations would be separate. And the location was for seeing Williamsburg was great, just a few blocks really from the parking lot.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Kingsgate more activities for your kids.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
for teens--look on willimbg website for extras

they have special theatrical productions, dance exhibits, carriage rides, etc.---many of which you will want to book in advance to get a spot. They have American Girl Teas, etc. Most events are extra $, but do not require a wllmbg pass--just the extra $. I have found the prices reasonable and all things offered are high-quality events.
I also recommend dining at a tavern--my pick would be King's Arm for lunch (decent kids menu--including roasted rabbit) b/c cheaper and still fun and maybe Christina Campbell's or another one for dinner that offers period entertainment--strolling musicians, jugglers, etc. in perdio dress---again, you can log onto website to get info.