• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will I lose Grande Vista odd year Platinum deposit capability?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a Grande Vista odd year 2 bedroom platinum in December from quite a popular Marriott reseller. I still don't have it. I called Marriott and they have nothing on it. I paid 2021 MF with closing but I am beginning to think that even if I do get it that 2021 is going to be a wash for me.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
you will get a low TDI deposit to II as we are late in the booking cycle.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted the closing company?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me that it was never submitted to Marriott for ROFR. They have to act on ROFR within a 30 day period and they should have a record of that if everything is legitimate.

Who was the seller? Who handled the closing?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Selling Timeshares and TRCS was the closing company. I have no idea what is going on. I was told on January 2nd that it had been submitted for ROFR. But the letter waiving it was dated 2/1.

So really I am pretty disheartened that I am not even going to be able to use this thing until 2023 after paying MF for 2 years for nothing. And I still have no account. I have had Wyndham contracts hit my account faster than this Marriott which is really saying something.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow up with TRCS, give them a call and ask them where it stands. I'd love to hear what they say. I suspect the issue is with TRCS. If they have a waiver already then something else is holding it up.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them that too much time has elapsed and you would like your usage to begin in 2023 (which they'll balk at) or ask for your money back (which they'll also balk at).

If Marriott waived the ROFR on 2/1/2021 then there really is no legitimate reason that it isn't in your hands as of April 14th (today). They've had about 10 weeks after ROFR in order to conclude things....

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I bought a Grande Vista odd year 2 bedroom platinum in December from quite a popular Marriott reseller. I still don't have it. I called Marriott and they have nothing on it. I paid 2021 MF with closing but I am beginning to think that even if I do get it that 2021 is going to be a wash for me.
Did you pay with a CC? See if you can dispute the charges and walk away

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you pay with a CC? See if you can dispute the charges and walk away

They only accept wire transfer.

I had to pay this year MF so total I'm out about $2700. If Marriott doesn't even have the paperwork yet then there is no way that I am going to be able to do anything with 2021. I was sure that it didn't even pass ROFR as when it goes to the last day with DVC, they are taking it.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Selling timeshares Is a popular reseller? Did they make you use that closing company?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Selling timeshares Is a popular reseller? Did they make you use that closing company?

The broker had really great reviews. I have never heard of this closing company, though. The deed was recorded over six weeks ago.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The broker had really great reviews. I have never heard of this closing company, though. The deed was recorded over six weeks ago.
Great reviews on eBay? I find that Most people who leave reviews, leave them way too early. By the time things go wrong, it’s too late to review the seller.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great reviews on eBay? I find that Most people who leave reviews, leave them way too early. By the time things go wrong, it’s too late to review the seller.

TUG. Members had good things to say about the broker for well over 10 years.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I had a Jan Maui closing. It just got added to my account after a lot of inquires. Marriott departments are running 2-3 weeks back, particularly estoppels. If going through a title company, add more time.

Marriott employees are working from home and we found the Hawaii files were only being picked up weekly, at best.

Just lots of delays at different points.

wballoni

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean platinum
I'm getting a week as a gift. The law firm handling the deed transfer will also be handling the Marriott paperwork. They said getting the deed transferred will be very quick. Getting the paperwork processed by Marriott will take 1-2 months.