• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will I get a decent exchange with my Virginia Beach timeshare??

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1/1, TS at Four Sails Resort (RCI states Silver).
But if I am unable to use my week , does it exchange well or just ok.
Can I use it in another exchange company besides RCI(not listed in II).
TIA

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an RCI account you can see what trade power is assigned the week. If the week floats, I would guess that peak summer would generate the best value. If you don't have an RCI account, let us know the details (fixed week or if floating what weeks are included in the season) and I'm sure someone will look it up for you.

Many independent exchanges would be happy to take the week, but I don't have personal experience with any of them.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
bnoble,
I don't have an RCI account and the week is 16.
I think its a Sliver resort in RCI, I'm not sure if its in the red season.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI will tell you exactly what the trade power of any specific deposit is---so the specific rating and season isn't as important to know as it is in in some other exchange systems.

This week will generate at most 18TPU as of today. Note that that value can go up or down over time (and many of my weeks have done both). I would describe 18 as a mediocre trader (and that might be a little generous).

Hopefully you plan to use it most years. For years you don't it might be worth investigating whether an independent exchange company can offer you interesting options. They are generally less expensive, may be more forgiving about a spring deposit, but also generally have less inventory.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 16 starts college spring break I think on the East Coast. The weather conditions in Virginia Beach could be in the high fifties or low seventies. I feel
COVID-19 will probably impact your trading possibilities for 2021.IMHO

If Four Sails have direct beach access and your villa is an ocean front villa. You will have a good trader for Virginia Beach, VA.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 16 starts college spring break I think on the East Coast. The weather conditions in Virginia Beach could be in the high fifties or low seventies. I feel
COVID-19 will probably impact your trading possibilities for 2021.IMHO

If Four Sails have direct beach access and your villa is an ocean front villa. You will have a good trader for Virginia Beach, VA.
Hello pedro,
Four Sail Resort is right on the Beach.
Ocean front villa.
I won't be exchanging in 2021, but maybe years later.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI will tell you exactly what the trade power of any specific deposit is---so the specific rating and season isn't as important to know as it is in in some other exchange systems.

This week will generate at most 18TPU as of today. Note that that value can go up or down over time (and many of my weeks have done both). I would describe 18 as a mediocre trader (and that might be a little generous).

Hopefully you plan to use it most years. For years you don't it might be worth investigating whether an independent exchange company can offer you interesting options. They are generally less expensive, may be more forgiving about a spring deposit, but also generally have less inventory.
Hello bnoble,
I don't have a RCI points account.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not talking about RCI Points. RCI Weeks now uses a transparent numeric system for valuing deposits and exchanges. This has been true for a number of years now. The values range from 1-60

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello bnoble,
I don't have a RCI points account.

Did you just purchase it from the developer at an expensive price? Is it too late to rescind and get something else from the resale market? Just my two cents. Hope you enjoy your new purchase all the same. I recently bought my first TS via resale and only paid $1 for it. Williamsburg Plantation in VA.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, there are some current reviews you can read at Tripadvisor website.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not talking about RCI Points. RCI Weeks now uses a transparent numeric system for valuing deposits and exchanges. This has been true for a number of years now. The values range from 1-60
Thank you, I had know idea.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you just purchase it from the developer at an expensive price? Is it too late to rescind and get something else from the resale market? Just my two cents. Hope you enjoy your new purchase all the same. I recently bought my first TS via resale and only paid $1 for it. Williamsburg Plantation in VA.
Hello Priscilla,
Yes I bought Resale and I also only paid $1.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you are flexible and can travel to certain places. You can find lots of places to stay . Do you already have an RCI account? If so go on there and check out what is available. You don’t have to book anything yet. Just browse and I’m sure you will find something. Good Luck!

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are flexible and can travel to certain places. You can find lots of places to stay . Do you already have an RCI account? If so go on there and check out what is available. You don’t have to book anything yet. Just browse and I’m sure you will find something. Good Luck!
I don't have an RCI. I'll have to look into it, thanks.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1/1, TS at Four Sails Resort (RCI states Silver).
But if I am unable to use my week , does it exchange well or just ok.
Can I use it in another exchange company besides RCI(not listed in II).
TIA
Congrats on your acquisition. I believe this was an "05" unit with a Saturday Check In? If so this is an end unit on the south side of the building, so you will have some nice space between your unit and the building next door. This unit has an Oceanfront balcony off the Living Room, and a City View balcony off the Master. This unit should get plenty of sunlight / natural light from the Kitchen window and the Master Bedroom slider, in addition to the Living Room slider.

I believe on advantage you might have is, assuming the "Something in the Water" festival happens in 2021 (depending on where things are at with COV-19), that takes place during the end of Week 16, beginning of Week 17. At the very least you would have access to the activities on Thursday thru the concerts planned Friday night. Although again, the big caveat will be COV-19 impact on early 2021 planned events.

As far as trading, this is in RCI, not in II unfortunately. I am not a member of RCI either. But also this used to trade via DAE (now renamed 7Across). However I tested out a membership in DAE a few years back and I was not impressed at all. From my experience there was extremely limited selection / options, and it wasn't worth it in my opinion.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Congrats on your acquisition. I believe this was an "05" unit with a Saturday Check In? If so this is an end unit on the south side of the building, so you will have some nice space between your unit and the building next door. This unit has an Oceanfront balcony off the Living Room, and a City View balcony off the Master. This unit should get plenty of sunlight / natural light from the Kitchen window and the Master Bedroom slider, in addition to the Living Room slider.

I believe on advantage you might have is, assuming the "Something in the Water" festival happens in 2021 (depending on where things are at with COV-19), that takes place during the end of Week 16, beginning of Week 17. At the very least you would have access to the activities on Thursday thru the concerts planned Friday night. Although again, the big caveat will be COV-19 impact on early 2021 planned events.

As far as trading, this is in RCI, not in II unfortunately. I am not a member of RCI either. But also this used to trade via DAE (now renamed 7Across). However I tested out a membership in DAE a few years back and I was not impressed at all. From my experience there was extremely limited selection / options, and it wasn't worth it in my opinion.
I thought DAE was now part of RCI and Wyndham? If you go to www.rci.com you can see what they have to offer. Your timeshare sounds very nice, have you been there yet?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I thought DAE was now part of RCI and Wyndham? If you go to www.rci.com you can see what they have to offer. Your timeshare sounds very nice, have you been there yet?

DAE, now 7across, is owned by Wyndham Destinations, which also owns RCI, Registry Collection, and a couple of other exchange systems and is the developer/manager for Club Wyndham, WorldMark, and a few other TS systems. It's not really part of any of the others, but would probably benefit from "bleed over" availability from RCI as RCI does from Registry and Platinum Exchange does from II.

jpowva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barclay Towers
Hello Priscilla,
Yes I bought Resale and I also only paid $1.
I have followed with interest all the discussion around your post. I have just posted a $1 resale of my TS at Barclay Towers, also right on the beach, and great access to all things the beach. Mine is a Charter membership with RCI Charter membership. Would be curious if there are others that would find this of interest. I purchased TS as an entry to RCI exchange market in order to travel to other places. Was very good in early days, now is time to move on from TS ownership. It is a blue week, wk 52, holiday on the beach, therefore it is probably a better exchange candidate. RCI has huge inventory all over, have always had luck exchanging, usually have a 21 pt exchange value that gets just about anywhere other than high end FL locations. Probably tradeable for a summer week as an owner. Am curious if there is any inputs on how to pursue finding someone who would be interested.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have followed with interest all the discussion around your post. I have just posted a $1 resale of my TS at Barclay Towers, also right on the beach, and great access to all things the beach. Mine is a Charter membership with RCI Charter membership. Would be curious if there are others that would find this of interest. I purchased TS as an entry to RCI exchange market in order to travel to other places. Was very good in early days, now is time to move on from TS ownership. It is a blue week, wk 52, holiday on the beach, therefore it is probably a better exchange candidate. RCI has huge inventory all over, have always had luck exchanging, usually have a 21 pt exchange value that gets just about anywhere other than high end FL locations. Probably tradeable for a summer week as an owner. Am curious if there is any inputs on how to pursue finding someone who would be interested.