• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will customer care assist in shaving off days of an existing reservation?

JWM2021

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you can add days to a reservation if available; I don't see anyway to take days off. There is no availability for the days we need so I can't rebook and cancel. We are within the discount window, so if we cancelled and then were successful at rebooking, it would be at half price, but we really don't want to take the risk; we just want to reduce the days. Any insights or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would not do it, nor would I trust owner care to do it either. Sometimes things come back, more often they don’t. I would never cancel something I can’t afford to lose. By the way last time we went to the Smoky Mountains we had an extra night, makes for a nice late check out. so not all to waste.

If you see something come available, that works for you and can book it first, and then cancel what you currently have, then most definitely I would do that. But never let go something you can’t afford to lose.

JWM2021

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not do it, nor would I trust owner care to do it either. Sometimes things come back, more often they don’t. I would never cancel something I can’t afford to lose. By the way last time we went to the Smoky Mountains we had an extra night, makes for a nice late check out. so not all to waste.

If you see something come available, that works for you and can book it first, and then cancel what you currently have, then most definitely I would do that. But never let go something you can’t afford to lose.
Thanks, but in our case, we are either going to reduce the dates or cancel altogether. We can only use 2 days of the 7 (actually it's only 1, but having the super late check out is indeed worth something in this case) and we'll find other accommodations if that's our only choice. I just wondered if anyone has tried it. If customer care tried it and then just said "oops, it went away"; that would be fine (not ideal, but fine). We'd prefer the 2 nights, but we're not going to spend a weeks worth of points to avoid one hotel night.

Thanks again. This community rocks.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thanks, but in our case, we are either going to reduce the dates or cancel altogether. We can only use 2 days of the 7 (actually it's only 1, but having the super late check out is indeed worth something in this case) and we'll find other accommodations if that's our only choice. I just wondered if anyone has tried it. If customer care tried it and then just said "oops, it went away"; that would be fine (not ideal, but fine). We'd prefer the 2 nights, but we're not going to spend a weeks worth of points to avoid one hotel night.

Sounds like it might be worth canceling and hoping the canceled nights appear in inventory. If they don't, you book a hotel room which sounds like what you're planning to do anyway.

I've had remarkable success with cancelations. Give it ten or fifteen minutes.

Pink_Warrior

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I would search for your dates (A LOT) or cancel it and watch if you are fine with perhaps not getting it. Unless it is a super popular resort who customarily takes control of inventory and shuts it down, it should come back sooner rather than later. But if it is a larger unit, it may get snagged for an upgrade.

Unfortunately I leak points on pretty much every stay. If I only need one night, I leak points. If I am coming in early, I book the day before so that the unit is ready. Right now I'm leaking an entire week as we were supposed to have been at the beach with my daughter and her family, but she fell ill. So three of us are here (oceanfront) with five bedrooms.

Shiba

TUG Member
Reaction score
While you decide your next move try the waitlist. I have had decent success with it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
While you decide your next move try the waitlist. I have had decent success with it.
They’re already within the discount window, so no waitlist (though it’s a good idea in a general sense).

JWM2021

TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow up. If you do cancel and rebook, does the priority reservation come back? This is on a guest certificate and I know it doesn't, but it's also a priority time for this resort.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau

Are you able to put in a waitlist request for the days you need before you cancel?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Follow up. If you do cancel and rebook, does the priority reservation come back? This is on a guest certificate and I know it doesn't, but it's also a priority time for this resort.
If you cancel, it should not use your guest allowance (owner priority quota). Check under your Benefit Summary (expand and go to the very bottom) - this shows I have 2 (of my allotted 2) left:

1720380582448.png

JWM2021

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you cancel, it should not use your guest allowance (owner priority quota). Check under your Benefit Summary (expand and go to the very bottom) - this shows I have 2 (of my allotted 2) left
This would work perfectly. Would that be true even if the guest certificate has been applied?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This would work perfectly. Would that be true even if the guest certificate has been applied?
I believe they work independently - guest certificates (non-refundable) and guest allowances (only deducted if they are actually used). They really are 2 different things.