• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WiFi free only for TravelShare members??!!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CO skier: Wondering if there is a device limit on your annual pass?
Yes, I listed the rates for a 2-device plan (and mentioned the limitation). The limit is on the number of devices logged-in at one time. Unlimited devices may log in, as long as no more than 2 devices are logged-in at any time. I also mentioned that higher rates are available to have more devices logged-in at one time.

Logged-in devices must log out before other devices may log in. This has become an issue lately in that the online ResortNet log out does not function properly. We have had to call in to ResortNet to logout all devices and log in other devices. Inconvenient and clunky, but it works.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another resortnet user here. It's cheap and doesn't know the difference between me and a renter, lol.

Bill
IF the renter has your ResortNet credentials and You are not staying at a WorldMark resort and using ResortNet for yourself at the same time. :)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, I listed the rates for a 2-device plan (and mentioned the limitation). The limit is on the number of devices logged-in at one time. Unlimited devices may log in, as long as no more than 2 devices are logged-in at any time. I also mentioned that higher rates are available to have more devices logged-in at one time.

Logged-in devices must log out before other devices may log in. This has become an issue lately in that the online ResortNet log out does not function properly. We have had to call in to ResortNet to logout all devices and log in other devices. Inconvenient and clunky, but it works.

Thanks. I posted my question before I understood your annual account was one of the options when subscribing at the resort. I assumed you had a special subscription with ResortNet directly. During this last weekend at the WM in Vancouver I saw the options presented, including the annual rate.

We went with a one day choice, and made it work. Bandwidth wasn’t very good, and I wondered if resetting the in-room router would have helped. I didn’t see the router till we were leaving the unit to check out. Has anyone else tried that?

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thanks. I posted my question before I understood your annual account was one of the options when subscribing at the resort. I assumed you had a special subscription with ResortNet directly. During this last weekend at the WM in Vancouver I saw the options presented, including the annual rate.

We went with a one day choice, and made it work. Bandwidth wasn’t very good, and I wondered if resetting the in-room router would have helped. I didn’t see the router till we were leaving the unit to check out. Has anyone else tried that?

Dave

During our week stay in Vancouver we had lightning fast internet. I just logged on as we had already bought the yearly resortnet dealio. When I have an issue with internet at WM I call resortnet and they fix it on their end. We did have an issue of being logged off every few minutes at the Camlin one stay. I don't know what they did but it was fixed after 30 minutes.

I reset a router at the VI Sea Village resort and there was no one that knew the password to get me back online until the next day. In my case it didn't really help. My phone was faster and I was able to set up a hotspot.

Bill

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Perhaps worthy of a separate thread or poll ... but how often do we expect and use WiFi supplied by the destination rather than use something we already have (hotspot, cell data, etc)?

We stopped using ResortNet years ago when we reached a point where our phones or a cell hotspot could handle the job. When at sea, we might use the ship's internet but sometimes find that using T-Mobile in port is sufficient.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Perhaps worthy of a separate thread or poll ... but how often do we expect and use WiFi supplied by the destination rather than use something we already have (hotspot, cell data, etc)?

We stopped using ResortNet years ago when we reached a point where our phones or a cell hotspot could handle the job. When at sea, we might use the ship's internet but sometimes find that using T-Mobile in port is sufficient.

In this case, we were in Canada, and had no cell service. But I agree, with hotspots, it may end up being easier.

Dave

Jesse6283

Reaction score
I honestly think the whole Resort Net thing is a scam. They do it to incentivize people to upgrade to TravelShare obviously, but what is even worse, think about all the money that goes to Deep Blue Communications aka Resort Net. This money is not going back into our club.... How much can internet really cost anyways for a one month connection for a resort? I bet if Worldmark signed up a resort for Comcast/Xfinity they could charge MUCH less fees that would be way more beneficial to us owners, but of course they do not care about that, and technically, they shouldnt even charge any fees - us owners are paying 1000 a week, that is MORE than enough to cover some wifi for the week ok... thats around 50k per year per unit, give me a break (they have to leave 2 weeks free for maintenance).

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
If anyone has a link they could share for annual subscription signup, I would love to have it. I tried the search for resortnet2 subscription and came up empty. We have enough travel share points for 2 free devices, but DH insists on having more. We have never been offered the annual subscription option when owing short-time fees at a resort, and the front desk knows nothing about it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If anyone has a link they could share for annual subscription signup, I would love to have it. I tried the search for resortnet2 subscription and came up empty. We have enough travel share points for 2 free devices, but DH insists on having more. We have never been offered the annual subscription option when owing short-time fees at a resort, and the front desk knows nothing about it.
You could also consider getting a travel router. Then the WiFi network sees it as only one device and all your personal devices connect to it. We used it at Kingstown Reef and it worked reasonably well.

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
Well, if it truly is high speed that’s great. I’m really frustrated with the free Internet at most places. So slow and spotty.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you are at the resort, you will have access to resortnet2 and that's when you can select multiple devices or annual subsubscription (also based on number of devices).

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
When you are at the resort, you will have access to resortnet2 and that's when you can select multiple devices or annual subsubscription (also based on number of devices).
If I am not mistaken, the cost is $99.00 for either 2 or 4 devices for a year. or $149.00 for 8 devices for a year. I bought the 8 device annual, which will expire in September. I will be paying for it again in January. Our next schedule trip to a WorldMark.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Cost for the basic/ devices is $50.
If anyone has a link they could share for annual subscription signup, I would love to have it.
Next WM stay, just log in using resortnet2. It will automatically go to the log in page which has an option for new user. Select that and sign up for which ever option you want. Your year of service will start that date for a year. No need to sign up and start the year clock ticking before you can use it.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited: