• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why So Few Timeshare Reviews After Exchanging Into Somebody Else's Timeshare ?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I write reviews of every timeshare I stay at. I like putting my thoughts down and reminding myself about the trip when it’s over. I take and try to upload lots of resort pictures too!

I don’t do it for the membership credit, but it’s a nice perk all the same! I only paid for my first year on TUG, and every subsequent year has been free thanks to the review credits!

mbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe this thread will inspire more review writing. I always write a review, whether it's my home resort or not. I really appreciate the TUG people who write reviews. When I research a place, I always look at the TUG reviews first (especially the ones from non owners).

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always check the reviews for myself if I have never stayed at the resort and for guests who are trying to book a resort. I’ll admit I’m very very lazy about leaving reviews. It seems I think about whenever I’m deep into another project. I’m definitely going to try and do better. I have gotten so much information over the years from TUG and also many of my free contracts. I agree you should be a member to post reviews and to post on LMR board. Not to read the forums. I mean for god sakes what is 15.00 yearly to support a community that you might get a 800.00 rental sold or save umpteen thousands dollars by making the wrong purchase.
I read TripAdvisor also, but the thing with Tug reviews it’s usually seasoned timeshare travelers who know what folks want to know. TripAdvisor not so much I have read many reviews where folks bitch about the sales staff at the resort or other guests or how they don’t feel they got a good enough price which has nothing to do with the resort details.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
<<SNIPPED>>
as it is now, we still offer free membership extensions of 2 or 6 months for submitting reviews, so technically you would never have to pay for a TUG membership ever again if you simply wrote reviews!

Hi Brian. Can you refresh my memory on the 2 or 6 month membership extensions . . . the difference and what reviews are eligible for the membership extension?

I have generally done my membership renewal via writing reviews, but really don't remember how the program works.

Thanks much,
TS Von

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
2mo is for pretty much any review.

6mo for a review of a resort that hasnt been reviewed in the last 6mo and is more than "great resort, would stay again" or similar.

ive updated the review award overview page!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
How many TS do you have @rickandcindy23? My best guess is 23.
This is an old post, but I will answer. I have lost count. We own bunch that our daughter rents, including our Sheraton weeks, which were a gold mine over the last two years. I won't tell you how many we own, but you just have to know that when I call Vistana, the new people (big turnover there) always say, "Why do you own so many weeks?"

We stay at Hono Koa, we own 3 weeks there. We just bought Westin Ka'anapali, two weeks. I rented That gives us five weeks on Maui every year. I usually get something at Sands of Kahana for a few extra nights on both ends to fly on a weekday and save airfare that way. We own 7 weeks at Val Chatelle and are thinking about taking on about 10 more at the beginning of January. I rent those for MF's (ski weeks).

We own two weeks at Twin Rivers in Fr that we use for PIC in Wyndham. We own way too many Wyndham points.

I am selling our Grand Palms weeks to get them out of RCI Points. We own (in RCI Points) Mansfield in Australia that may be voting to end the timeshare, which is great.

Most of what we are keeping will exchange through II only. I love Marriott resorts, and our Sheraton are great for exchanges, as well as for rentals.

Disney points are my favorite for renting, we own 500 of those wonderful points, unless Redweek kills it off completely by doing three-way calls between Disney and me to confirm what I already sent via email. Stupidness.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
going thru my first DVC rental personally via dvc rental store(as a renter)... curious to see how it works out.