• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why has this site turned into one big ad! Once again sold out for the money!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG Members -- just log out of the BBS to see what the BBS is like with ads.
I occasionally sign on 'incognito' to get around a paywalled link I really want to read, and fairly quickly sign back on to the BBS with my member username because of the ads. Whew! Thanks! TUG for making the BBS ad-free for members!

Jim

iDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll gladly continue paying $15 AND see ads for the value, education, and entertainment that TUG provides me.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I personally think you shouldn’t see any of this stuff without membership.
would make this sight safer

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I personally think you shouldn’t see any of this stuff without membership.
would make this sight safer
Disagree. It would prevent a lot of people from learning about rescission in time to rescind. No need to put this info behind a paywall.

It's over $16 million by now!

Guitarmom

Reaction score
RX8 asks a good question: "Do you think this site has a zero cost to maintain?" The answer is probably "Yes." Most people assume that since the Internet is usually free to use, it's also free to have a website.

To put it into perspective, I run a small website dedicated to an actor who was a good friend. Between the cost of the site hosting, the cost of buying a domain name (i.e. tugbbs.com), plus various memberships to be able to host video, I spend about $200 a year to maintain the site. I think most people would be shocked to find out that having a web site entails some pretty significant costs.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
There are ads, LOL. I have been a member for years and didn't realize that there were ads.

I didn't realize it either. I thought it was a good use of my $$ before. Now I realize it's even better!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of members who did not realize we don't have to see the ads.....very happy about it.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
As we all likely know - occasionally someone on TUG gets "rescinded" by a Mod.

Of course they can still visit TUG and read threads - they just can't sign in and comment ,
AND - they get to see ads.

So if you prefer not to see ads - follow the TUG member guidelines.

[And make life easier for : @DeniseM @Karen G @SueDonJ @Makai Guy @TUGBrian etc.]

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
As we all likely know - occasionally someone on TUG gets "rescinded" by a Mod.

Of course they can still visit TUG and read threads - they just can't sign in and comment ,
AND - they get to see ads.

So if you prefer not to see ads - follow the TUG member guidelines.

[And make life easier for : @DeniseM @Karen G @SueDonJ @Makai Guy @TUGBrian etc.]
I think even if you are banned from posting, you still have the "TUG Member" moniker? So you would still see the forums as ad free.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you arent able to log in, youd still see ads.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you arent able to log in, youd still see ads.
I have never been banned. I thought a ban just prevented one from being able to post. Didn't realize it prevented a user from logging in.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid the $15 the first year and have never had to pay again. I always have enough review credits to extend my membership! If I ever run out of review credits I would gladly pay again though. I have learned so much from TUG- and take many many great vacations I never would have been able to afford if I hadn’t found it!! Not to mention the $10k wastegate mistake tug saved me from!!

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Site has turned into one big ad.
You opened the eyes of many of us. As members, we didn’t even realize there were ads. You also discovered the variety of personalities of the members. Most kindly offered an explanation, some were rude, some were snarky. Welcome aboard if you choose to join.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The OP is just a hit-and-runner. They haven't been back since they started this thread nearly a week ago.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Maybe the OP is a Garden Troll?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
His attitude of entitlement drives me nuts. To many people today feel like they have a right to other peoples labor and effort at no cost. I saw a post the other day were the guy subscribed to Audible.com and returned every book after listening to it. Thereby getting every book for free. When I told him that only hurts the authors and not Amazon, he could care less.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there are certainly some interesting sorts Ive encountered over the years.

We even had one member join, sell their timeshare within a few weeks (well, give away)....and then asked for a refund on their membership because they only used 1 of the 12 months and didnt need it anymore!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I saw a post the other day were the guy subscribed to Audible.com and returned every book after listening to it. Thereby getting every book for free. When I told him that only hurts the authors and not Amazon, he could care less.
There's a thing called a public library and that is the exact business model! He should give it a try. A lot less work.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a thing called a public library and that is the exact business model! He should give it a try. A lot less work.
That same place also has an 'information desk' that will provide personalized information just like Google. And they don't have ads.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That same place also has an 'information desk' that will provide personalized information just like Google. And they don't have ads.
I use my online public library access for my book club audiobooks which are rarely something that I would ever listen to again. And I can't quite find it in my heart to pull the plug on Audible. I love listening to books in the car.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I gladly pay $15 for my membership. I have saved thousands of dollars over the years. Found out how to buy a TS for $2000 vs $25,000.