• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why didn't somebody tell me BeachPlace was this nice?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric, it was great! The 4th elevator came online about midweek, pretty much eliminating all problems.

The people at Marriott's BeachPlace were all friendly and helpful. As I drove off a lady from the front desk even called me to tell me I had left my sunglasses. I turned around and went back.

Bedding, furniture, kitchen, draperies, sliding doors, showers, etc.. - everything was comfortable, looked great and worked perfectly.

Fort Lauderdale is celebrating its 100th birthday this year. Fourth of July celebration was nothing short of spectacular! Our 19th floor (actually 26th) room view topped it all off.

As Brian warned, we ate and walked and ate and walked. Las Olas was very nice. We shopped and had a wonderful outdoor dinner there at the Cheesecake Factory.

The streets around Beachplace were more crowded than what I expected Thursday-Saturday evenings. Many times too crowded to get by the 'happening' venues without walking into the street (A1A). Some rift raft did venture into Beachplace making us more cautious for our kids in the evenings.

Live music everywhere!! This place is a people watching heaven. We tried several of the restaurants on the strip, but my favorite was Coconuts off the strip with their one man band. Best crab claws appetizer I ever had.

We went to Miami for a boat tour of Star Island and then off to watch a baseball game - Astros vs Marlins. The president of the Dominican Republic and his entourage sat right in front of us for about 3 innings.

The good thing is that out teenagers slept in every morning giving DW & I several hours to go out on our own.

I saw a manatee swimming right at he shoreline one morning while drinking my coffee and scoping out down below. DW saw it as well. That was cool.

DD won $70 for catching the biggest fish on our off-shore excursion. :whoopie:

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I saw a manatee swimming right at he shoreline one morning while drinking my coffee and scoping out down below. DW saw it as well. That was cool.

DD won $70 for catching the biggest fish on our off-shore excursion. :whoopie:

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

I've seen them often on the Ft. Lauderdale beachfront. The first time I didn't know what that big thing was, so close to shore that those on the beach could see it. It moved very slowly.

One year there were two ... a very large one and one a lot smaller...I assume a baby. A guy swam out and grabbed on the big one for a very short ride...stupid thing to do IMO. I was on my BP balcony and filmed it with my movie camera.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few BeachPlace Towers photos.

DSC03008.jpg

We were in the upper left corner room.

DSC03007.jpg

Looking out the side of our balcony toward the intracoastal waterway.

DSC03035.jpg

Noon on July 4th.

DSC03004.jpg

Stage

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Nothing else quite like BeachPlace IMO if you love an urban holiday on a great beach. Sounds like you had a good time.

Did you gain any weight at all those recommended restaurants? Any recommendations?

Brian

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just remember Silver Seas, 200 yards to the North, has a 2 bedroom 2nd floor ocean front unit you can buy for way less than Beach Place. Is it as nice? No it isn't, but it can be bought for way fewer $$$$$ and has accesss to the same beach, same restaurants and bars, and free easy in - easy out parking. Full disclosure: I have never owned Silver Seas but have traded in often.

George

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinze3
How was your stay at BeachPlace? All comments (constructive and complementary) are appreciated and will be passed onto the BeachPlace Board.
Eric Minotti

Dear Eric -

It is such a pleasure to be able to speak directly to you here - and we all benefit from the subsequent responses to the dialogue, too.

My only headscratcher about our last visit to BPT was the kitchenette (We now own at BPT - we were there then on a Getaway, in a Guest unit). The large microwave is good- BUT - it takes up all the counter space! Meanwhile, there is an empty wall (on the left in our unit) that would easily hold brackets or a shelf, to raise the micro above the outlets, and thus free up the counter. As I look at pix of other Marriott small-unit kitchenettes, I see that the vast majority have the micro somewhere on a wall; without redoing the cabinets, at least the shelf idea would really help.
Before we come again, we also are picking up a teeny dishrack at IKEA - almost flat, it still supports dishes vertically to drain, and leaves enough room for glasses, etc. - it is maybe $7. Fits flat in luggage. That, and a ShamWow under it, and we are set. I also bring with us a tiny electric frypan. The fridge under the counter had a straight plug (as opposed to the offset kind) and after closing the fridge a few times - the plug would get knocked out of the wall - and no more cold fridge.

These might sound like minor things, but when that kitchenette needs to be your reliable space for a week, little things make a difference. Otherwise, we love BPT - got an AC for Orlando this Fall, so will not be at BPT until next year - but my husband got our plane tix TODAY for that vacation!

Thanks for your pro-active position.

Mamianka

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Silver Seas Resort - I looked for it because of your posts. It was quite cozy and on a very valuable piece of land. Great location.

Mamianka
Also as an owner, I think it is important to speak up on little things like this for the good of us all. Since we stopped at Winn-Dixie and gave our kids their own shopping cart to pick out their own food and drinks, and then to then place in their own Kitchenette, I had no reason to check out that Kitchenette layout. :D

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying BP and you certainly did get the best seat in the house. Keep the binocs handy as you'll have a great view of the cruise ships leaving Friday to Sunday evenings...as well as other 'scenery' famous in Laud.

I assume the small temporary Marketplace is close by for your morning jolt of Starbucks. You probably will get charged for parking as even regulars like me get charged if I'm using an exchanged week (so I go to P3 in protest). Tip on the elevators...in busy times, even if you want to go up take a down elevator and go for a ride. I'll bet you're enjoying the restaurant choices! Keep us posted.

Brian, I forgot to mention. I did not get charged for parking in the Marriott lot. :whoopie:

caterina25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so happy to hear about your enjoyable trip.I am going to MBP the first week in November and am really looking forward to it.Love the info. and pictures.Thanks

minoter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mamianka,
I will pass your suggestions onto the GM, especially regarding the plug for the fridge. I recall Marriott indicating that owners wanted the larger counter-top microwave. I'm not sure there is sufficient space for this larger microwave on a shelf. Marriott designers are responsible for the layout of the units based on their experience of owners' preference at BeachPlace.

Also, Marriott indicated that most owners that stay in the lock-off unit at BeachPlace eat out because of the numerous restaurants located close by. I believe Marriott designs the lock-off units to discourage owners from bringing in fry pans and hot plates. I can tell you that when I stay in a lock-off, we always bring a fry pan for morning eggs, but never cook dinner in the lock-off.

I'm happy to hear you had a nice stay at BP and welcome to BP ownership.

Eric

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mamianka,
I will pass your suggestions onto the GM, especially regarding the plug for the fridge. I recall Marriott indicating that owners wanted the larger counter-top microwave. I'm not sure there is sufficient space for this larger microwave on a shelf. Marriott designers are responsible for the layout of the units based on their experience of owners' preference at BeachPlace.

Also, Marriott indicated that most owners that stay in the lock-off unit at BeachPlace eat out because of the numerous restaurants located close by. I believe Marriott designs the lock-off units to discourage owners from bringing in fry pans and hot plates. I can tell you that when I stay in a lock-off, we always bring a fry pan for morning eggs, but never cook dinner in the lock-off.

I'm happy to hear you had a nice stay at BP and welcome to BP ownership.

Eric

You are right, of course, Eric - we DO eat out a great deal. But for those quick breakfasts, lunches, etc. - and rehearing leftovers! - we would love to have more prep room on the counter. I realize that a big micro on a shelf could be a problem - perhaps in a future rehab, they could be a built-in, as they appear to be in other small units I see when browsing Marriott sites. And the counter space is also needed for dish-drying; there is no rack provided, and not room for one - which I why I will bring that little IKEA guy.

Right again - that tiny electric frypan is perfect for eggs: I do not think I could get a hotplate on the PLANE (not that I would want to!).

Looking forward to many more good vacations at BPT. We bought this one to USE, never to trade; our MGC is the *trader* that has done well for us.

Hotter today in NY than in FL, BTW . . .

Mamianka