• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why are the Lagunamar pools so cold now?

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are currently at Lagunamar, the pools are very cold though, like never before. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be heated. It is not even that cold outside, 76 degrees today. Is this normal?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they just change out the water??
No but Yesterday and the day before the temperatures were a bit lower, 72-73 degrees. Even so, you would expect the pools to be warm, right?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I heard MVC was trying to make the pool water cold so people would sell their ownerships at which point MVC would then exercise ROFR to build inventory into the DC trust.

Disclaimer....... the above is a lame joke in which NONE OF IT IS TRUE EVEN THE ROFR PART, so let’s not all fly off the handle LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard MVC was trying to make the pool water cold so people would sell their ownerships at which point MVC would then exercise ROFR to build inventory into the DC trust.

Disclaimer....... the above is a lame joke, so let’s not all fly off the handle LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:
no ROFR for Lagunamar

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know..... just like they aren’t making the pools cold so owners sell their ownerships..........
You are laughing but I am serious.

1583101016311.png

everybody is in the hot tub. Now it is after 5PM here but earlier it was the same

1583101419526.png

Last edited:

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Wow no bueno...last time we were at Lagunamar the pools were 90degs!

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there the first 2 weeks in February and the large pool was warm but the smaller one was definitely cooler. I over heard someone ask a worker about it being cold and they said they were having heating issues with the smaller one. No idea if that was true but the small pool was cooler then we remembered.

Also, they did add water to the large one and the temperature dipped but came back up within 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

We're 10 years out from when they supposedly installed heaters in the pools....could it be time for a replacement?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm surprised someone hasn't said it could be an MVC cost-saving measure! ;)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I'm surprised someone hasn't said it could be an MVC cost-saving measure! ;)

Disclaimer....... the above is a lame joke in which NONE OF IT IS TRUE EVEN THE ROFR PART, so let’s not all fly off the handle LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sort of..... haha

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
If it was my pool, when the air gets so cold people won't even swim in a heated pool, it's time to turn down the heat and save some money until the air heats up again.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it was my pool, when the air gets so cold people won't even swim in a heated pool, it's time to turn down the heat and save some money until the air heats up again.
the problem was that the pools were not heated AT ALL and now I know why.

I spoke this morning with the pool supervisor. They had a technical problem and they were trying to fix it. He told me that once they resolve it, we should notice a difference in 3-4 h. Now the pools seem to be much warmer, fingers crossed.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
the pools are definitely getting warmer and warmer. Still not where they were in the past but they will probably get there soon.

It seems we are back to happy days again :)
1583185915962.png

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
the pools are definitely getting warmer and warmer. Still not where they were in the past but they will probably get there soon.

It seems we are back to happy days again :)
View attachment 17654
It really is a spectacular pool! Just wish those waves were calmer. If the at resort was on grace bay in Turks. My god, it would be impossible to get into

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really is a spectacular pool! Just wish those waves were calmer. If the at resort was on grace bay in Turks. My god, it would be impossible to get into
The waves were a delight today. I personally do not want them any smaller.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The waves were a delight today. I personally do not want them any smaller.
I thought of you when I posted that. Haha. I want that pool on the ocean haha

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
......and the pools are empty.

Maybe there are not enough Canadians there this week .
LOL

“cold “ - is all based on what you are used to .
Lake Huron ( water near the shore line) probably doesn’t reach 70+ until August / I see folks going for a swim
every Victoria Day weekend in May , as well as June & July .

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe there are not enough Canadians there this week .
LOL

“cold “ - is all based on what you are used to .
Lake Huron ( water near the shore line) probably doesn’t reach 70+ until August / I see folks going for a swim
every Victoria Day weekend in May , as well as June & July .

a lot of Canadians actually, it is spring break in some parts of Canada. Thank goodness @T-Dot-Traveller and @Sea Six are not managing the resort we would all be freezing in the pools ;)