• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WHO issues guidelines for lifting coronavirus restrictions. Is Canada ready?

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
It seems to me the writer is applying the scope of these WHO criteria too broadly. The writer considers these criteria for opening up a country all or nothing. The writer doesn't directly address the possibility of opening specific lower-risk geographies, industries and activities earlier than higher-risk ones. I would consider weeks-based timesharing to be lower risk relative to restaurant dining and Horseshoe Valley lower risk compared to downtown Toronto. So couldn't we open weeks-based timeshares in Horseshoe Valley to business earlier and keep downtown Toronto restaurants closed until later? Why can't we play golf May 1 and wait until next season for Raptors basketball?

Last edited:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maple_Leaf...I would agree with you on staging opening of activities based on risk. Alberta and BC lobbyists are attempting to get golf courses exempted as it's one activity that can be played with good spacing, and get them open this spring.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading this article, I feel we are not ready to "lift any coronavirus restrictions." IMHO.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
After reading this article, I feel we are not ready to "lift any coronavirus restrictions." IMHO.
He Who Shall Not Be Named appears to disagree, Pedro.
Opening the US-Canada border first could have a great symbolic as well as practical impact on the travel industry.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maple Leaf
How many tourists are you coming to welcome to Canada from the states of New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Maple Leaf
How many tourists are you coming to welcome to Canada from the states of New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania?

With respect to NY, what county they are from would be very significant. I recall a trip to the northern New York / Vermont area. Very rural, very beautiful and very sparsely populated....I suspect case counts there are very low.

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Maple_Leaf...I would agree with you on staging opening of activities based on risk. Alberta and BC lobbyists are attempting to get golf courses exempted as it's one activity that can be played with good spacing, and get them open this spring.
I agree with allowing golf courses to be opened with some major restrictions, No clubhouse or any other gathering places open. All transactions to be conducted online and tee times to be allocated such that there is no overlap of players on the course, no carts everybody walks the course and maintains social distancing. Note I am not a golfer but have relatives that are and this is the regulation that they are following in Colorado.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Why limited contact tracing could slow Ontario's plan to end COVID-19 restrictions.

IMO - sufficient contact tracing and sufficient testing is key to revising restrictions .

right now only emergency healthcare and remote ( video chat ) healthcare are really functioning
in Ontario .

Dentists - closed
Chiropractors - closed

Hair salons- closed
etc

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
I called Embarc Vancouver to cancell my week there (I don't plan on flying anywhere...especially in June) and I was told they are still recieving guest & open for business (in fact, she said Vancouver was fine) and kinda acted like I was over reacting. I'm hoping for June 2021 to go now. :)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We were driving to Vancouver BC next month. Border still closed. We cancelled our 2 week stay.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
So hoping that Canada is open for U.S. citizens by September 2021! We are planning to fly to Calgary, rent a car to spend time in the Banff & Jasper region, then drive to Vancouver where we catch the Celebrity Millennium for a Pacific Coastal cruise.

Then in October 2021 we drive to Montreal for a RCCL cruise on Empress of the Seas that stops in 2 Newfoundland ports + St. Pierre. Newfoundland is a bucket list destination for us.

Any tips on finding a good one-way rental price from Calgary to Vancouver? Enterprise seems the only option I've found so far picking up off airport and returning to the Pan Pacific Hotel near the cruise terminal in Vancouver. Are there other options we should check into?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It should be noted that as this has played out, the trust and confidence in the independence of the WHO has sharply declined. Correspondingly one can reasonably question how any organization can issue world wide guidance given the fact the COVID 19 is not hitting every where at the same rate AND the physical geographic differences there are.

Each country should have its own version of the CDC and hopefully allowing it to work in the best health interests of its country. Now I realize that is the textbook definition of the ldeal type but that is the way it should be.