• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is this guy Paul McCartney?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Almost as frightening are those who think WINGS was his "good" group! What are they listening to? Except for a few solo efforts his music away from the Beatles has been terrible. He needed the tougher edginess of John to rein in his mush. John needed a bit of his softer approach to make his songs better. Together they wrote some of the best tunes & lyrics ever. Apart they were just another singer/songwriter each with flaws. But of the two on their own John seemed to have to more lasting legacy. It's doubtful many Wings songs will be considered classics in the future.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am (almost) speechless.

Read the comments toward the bottom of the link.

I love these:

And yet they know who "The Situation" and "Snooki" are. Googling nearest bridge to jump off of.

Even scarier, these people vote in elections for the leaders of the world. May I suggest a litmus test? If you can't name all four Beatles, and at least two of their songs, you're ineligible to vote! (smile)

It's amazing the generation brought up on the Internet hasn't thought to check Google or Wikipedia before posting evidence of their own ignorance.. . .

Last edited:

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a post on the TS site from someone who didn't know who James Taylor was.....:shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I wish he would try to "age gracefully." For a man his age to have that dark hair is kind of embarassing - it has to be colored.

In this picture you can clearly see his roots growing out- (Says Denise who would never let her roots grow out this far! :D )

paul-mccartney-2.jpg

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And the jowls are coming.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Different singer, same kind of story:

Back in the '80s, when Tina Turner was having a renewal in her career, "What's Love Got To Do With It" was her hit playing on MTV.

A friend of mine was talking to his visiting teenage niece about the video, and he asked her, "So what do you think of Tina Turner?"

His niece replied, "Oh, I think she'll be okay -- once she gets more performing experience."

The room went silent... :eek:

Dave

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish he would try to "age gracefully." For a man his age to have that dark hair is kind of embarassing - it has to be colored.

In this picture you can clearly see his roots growing out- (Says Denise who would never let her roots grow out this far! :D )

paul-mccartney-2.jpg

Men gray from the chin up; beard first, then mustache, side burns, then hair on sides of head to top; typically.

Denise, those who live in glass houses, shouldn't . . . oh, will I be tagged as cranky? Or are you?? ;) ;) Which reminds me, I need to call my hair dresser!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you look around his hairline, you can clearly see the out-growth since his last color job - that isn't natural graying. I don't have a problem with him coloring his hair, but some blended in gray highlights would look a lot better than solid dark brown. It looks artificial in someone who is nearly 70.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
At least no one was quoted saying that he was famous for being married to Heather Mills.

That would have been bad too.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look around his hairline, you can clearly see the out-growth since his last color job - that isn't natural graying. I don't have a problem with him coloring his hair, but some blended in gray highlights would look a lot better than solid dark brown. It looks artificial in someone who is nearly 70.

OMG - to be fair Denise, what did you think of Raquel Welsh on CBS this morning? She is the same age as Sir Paul, yet she wore a wig and sported at least $250,000 worth of "work" on her jowls etc.

Double standard?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OMG - to be fair Denise, what did you think of Raquel Welsh on CBS this morning? She is the same age as Sir Paul, yet she wore a wig and sported at least $250,000 worth of "work" on her jowls etc.

Double standard?

I didn't see Raquel Welch, but I think everyone should try to age gracefully - male or female.

Last edited:

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 1973, I took my brother, 9 years younger than I am, to lunch. As we were sitting there, he turned to me and in all seriousness, said, "so what's the big deal about the Beatles, anyway?" I almost fell out of my chair!

elaine

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I'm confused. :ponder: I thought this was Paul McCartney.

2s93qf9.png

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also encouraging to note how many of those "twits" felt compelled to include the short form of the F-bomb in their posting - sad.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. :ponder: I thought this was Paul McCartney.

2s93qf9.png

You need to do more research. That's obviously Boy George.

I hate it when people post on TUG and act like they know what they're talking about.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair, its just a matter of a different generations...i bet there were singers/artists during your parents generation that you couldn't have been able to identify when you were 16-24(my guess on the tweeters age is at most 20)....

The beatles WERE an important group of the time, they changed music...But if i put a picture up of the Drummer from Nirvana(They also changed music during my generation) Dave Grohl i doubt most of you would know who he was...while the older generation MIGHT be offended by my comparison between the Beatles and Nirvana, if you look at a little deeper you'll see, they sorta both were pioneers of new genres, so IMO very comparable

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What goes around comes around. When I watch Saturday Night Live and see some cute young host- who obviously IS somebody important to today's scene, and they mean nothing to me, I get it.

The Grammy's the other night were just a parade of unknowns to me. Other than Paul McCartney, Glen Campbell and some others.

Stick around, whippersnappers, and it'll happen to you too. I can envision the Muzak (that's elevator music to some of you) in my nursing home will be Led Zeppelin, Doors, The Who, an The Eagles.

Jim

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also encouraging to note how many of those "twits" felt compelled to include the short form of the F-bomb in their posting - sad.

I noticed that too. It's a common adjective on Facebook, tossed in as easily as (or in lieu of) a comma :(