• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is still Buying on EBay? LOts of good deals!

brooklyn-joe

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with me!!!

Hi, Folks!

Looked at timeshares on eBay two months ago, and started salivating...:p

Bought one last month for what I thought was dirt cheap, especially since my wife and I spend a week there three months ago, and loved it! :whoopie:

Just bought another today, at a resort we stayed at 10 years ago, for even a lower price! :cheer:

Granted, the MFs are above what I'm paying for the first TS I purchased 12 years ago (from the developer), but a cost analysis still leaves me ahead of the game.

Am I missing something, or did I just discover what my retirement lifestyle is evolving into?? :clap:

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ebay Resales

We recently purchased 2 weeks at the Resort on Cocoa Beach for pennies on the dollar via EBay.

We enjoy our winters weeks in Florida.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
did I just discover what my retirement lifestyle is evolving into?? :clap:

Yup! Over the last few years we gradually purchased back-to-back February weeks in the same unit at a resort in Ft. Lauderdale. We use them for our annual "escape" from the snow and frigid temperatures in New York.

So many of our friends and relatives bought condos in Florida as second homes. We thought we would do the same in retirement. But timeshare ownership has saved us a great deal of money and provided a better vacation experience. We have all the benefits of a good hotel e.g. activities, maid service, pool, health club, restaurant and none of the worries about burglary, storm damage, appliance malfunction, maintenance, etc...during the rest of the year when we are back home.

If we wish to go somewhere else one year, the weeks will have great trading power with RCI or II or will rent easily at a good price.

Each of the weeks was won on Ebay at unbelievably low prices. I have a lot of patience. I check Ebay daily but bid only on the best of the best.

We also own 3 weeks back-to-back on Cape Cod in August. So that takes care of our summer vacation needs, with family members joining us regularly.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Backslid !

As a matter of personal discipline, I am no longer looking at stuff on eBay.

Not timeshares.

Not even horns.

We'll see how long that lasts, eh ?
I was on eBay briefly this morning -- bought something on a non-bidding basis (i.e., Buy It Now).

( Confession is good for the soul, eh? )

In my own defense, all I can say is that it was for some practical low-cost clothing items -- no timeshares, no horns.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​