• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is planning on traveling in June? July?

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Going to reschedule our May trip to Galveston to Oct and adopt a wait and see.

Looks like I'm going to convert the majority of this years HICV points to IHG points to safeguard them. I have until October to make that decision.
Sounds like you have already rescheduled. I talked to a client in TX who was totally obvious to what's going on. She's a school teacher and said schools plan to reopen in a few weeks. April 15th?
I also heard that there are 3 states they are considering releasing from quarantine - Texas and 2 others. Word is this virus doesn't do well in high heat AND humidity :)

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I really wanted to buy a plane ticket back to Indiana for near the end of June....definitely looking into it.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Sounds like you have already rescheduled. I talked to a client in TX who was totally obvious to what's going on. She's a school teacher and said schools plan to reopen in a few weeks. April 15th?
I also heard that there are 3 states they are considering releasing from quarantine - Texas and 2 others. Word is this virus doesn't do well in high heat AND humidity :)
We are not going in May, we purchased PointShield, so we can cancel up to 48 hour before scheduled arrival. I'm waiting to cancel with HICV because IF they close the resort, I get my points and all my fees refunded. If I cancel, I just get my points.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Texas is not under a quarantine.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Texas is not under a quarantine.
True. Many parts of Texas are under SIP and HICV has closed ALL resorts until April 16th due to CDC recommendations, which are evolving.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sibling cruise to Alaska in early June has been cancelled due to Canada suspending cruise ships of over 500 landing in Canada. Supposed to get a refund on the cruise but car rentals, hotels, airbnb's and airfares to be determined. Since I know the swoop flight we booked one way to Vancouver is non refundable I have actually booked an additional 2 nights in Vancouver and if things look better we will go. I have until 10 days before to cancel that one with worldmark. Next trip is second half of August to Kelowna, Orcas Island and Vancouver. Like everyone else all vacations are a wait and see right now. I also have a July week in Banff on airbnb and if it doesn't rent we will go there. If only 4 nights rent we will go for the other 3. As it is just over an hour from home we should be able to make that one.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had not heard that Texas is considering releasing from quarantine. Well actually, we're not under quarantine but lots of SIP orders. As a resident of this state all I can say is WTH??? What are they thinking? Well, they can do whatever they want but the hubby and I will still be locking down. Not taking any chances until we feel it's reasonable to.

Reactions: DrQ

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
work conference in Williamsburg the first week of May canceled
Memorial weekend to Tahoe Canceled
Next is early Sept to Yellowstone...I hope we can still make that one. It's a drive to for us.
January trip to Kauai for 2 weeks.....haven't bought plane tickets yet so we will see.

DS is in the interview process for a job at Sandia and got caught in the corona freeze....Might end up vacationing in Dallas/ABQ if his new boss can push it through.
DD is waiting for orders for CG and may be helping her move where she ends up

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
work conference in Williamsburg the first week of May canceled
Memorial weekend to Tahoe Canceled
Next is early Sept to Yellowstone...I hope we can still make that one. It's a drive to for us.
January trip to Kauai for 2 weeks.....haven't bought plane tickets yet so we will see.

DS is in the interview process for a job at Sandia and got caught in the corona freeze....Might end up vacationing in Dallas/ABQ if his new boss can push it through.
DD is waiting for orders for CG and may be helping her move where she ends up
Sandia Lab in New Mexico?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Have a trip planned to Myrtle Beach at the end of June. Going to wait as long as I can, but it doesn’t look good.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandia Lab in New Mexico?
Yes in ABQ.... He interviewed in February...References checked etc...then the corona freeze. His new boss is trying to push it through the hiring process but it may just have to wait until things settle down....I doubt they would be processing clearances right now with the sip everywhere. Also not a good time to try and sell a house

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes in ABQ.... He interviewed in February...References checked etc...then the corona freeze. His new boss is trying to push it through the hiring process but it may just have to wait until things settle down....I doubt they would be processing clearances right now with the sip everywhere. Also not a good time to try and sell a house
Our dd works at the lab in Los Alamos. Currently she, and her entire department (the library) are working at home. Does your son need a clearance to start working? Our dd didn't, just a background check. The security clearance process came after she'd been working for awhile.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Our trip to Fiji in May was canceled. I still need to call Fiji Air to see if we can get a full refund or just a credit. We paid over $2000 for the airfare. That is a lot from SFO. Then I can decide what to do about our Tradewinds cruise, which was also canceled. We have a trip to Marco Island and St Thomas in July. I am planning on canceling that. I can redeposit the MVC DPs. Hopefully we can bank the points to 2021 but I am not sure what kind of points I used. It is possible they are not bankable. I do not see the world being back to normal this summer. Even if we flatten the curve, I imagine the airlines and travel destinations will still be struggling. There might not be flights, things could still be closed or permanently shut down due to bankruptcy. The only other trip we have planned is to Cayman Islands in November for Thanksgiving. It is an II trade and I bought ePlus so if things are still bad in November, I can trade one more time. I am nervous about leaving the country this year so we might not want to go to the Cayman Islands, even if it is open. But if things are still this bad by year end, we will have bigger troubles and worries than this.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The sibling cruise to Alaska in early June has been cancelled due to Canada suspending cruise ships of over 500 landing in Canada. Supposed to get a refund on the cruise but car rentals, hotels, airbnb's and airfares to be determined...

What cruise line cancelled June's Canadian cruises?
So far, HAL is silent on cancelling our cruise in June.
They're only offering a credit for rebooking.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to push my travel agent but it is Celebrity. No cruise ship of over 500 in a Canadian port so I argued for our money back. Started in Vancouver up to Seward for 7 days. I was adamant they can't come in and I don't want a credit since travel insurance is not covering covid 19 now so I would be travelling on a cruise into the US without insurance. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. She called Celebrity and they said they would cancel cruises to Alaska to July 1st.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Iceland with Vantage Travel and Colette for all of June. Really hoping they cancel and I get a refund, not vouchers. Then a week in Outer Banks with kids I July. Montreal and cruise to Miami in October. Hoping to cancel the cruise part.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Big family reunion in Hawaii the last two weeks of June. All cancellable (plane tickets and Wyndham). We were waiting to see how things play out, started discussing rescheduling this weekend. Herding cats getting 25 people's schedules coordinated, here we go again. I'm personally more inclined to wait until next year, but there are some who want to try for July or August.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Word is this virus doesn't do well in high heat AND humidity.

I believe the source for piece of information also said...
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

(February 27th)

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I believe the source for piece of information also said...
“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

(February 27th)
Sorry, no. Stay safe! And, be well :)

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
What cruise line cancelled June's Canadian cruises?
So far, HAL is silent on cancelling our cruise in June.
They're only offering a credit for rebooking.

Not a decision by any cruise line. As part of our battle against the Corvid-19 virus, the Government of Canada has closed ALL Canadian ports until at least July 1st, which obviously includes Vancouver, to any cruise ship or ferry that carries more than 500 people, including crew. That ban may be extended beyond June 30th.