• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who is planning on traveling in June? July?

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
With everything going on with Covid-19....who hopes/plans on still tr aveling in June? July? I was hoping June might be OK...but a trip to Canada includes an airplaine flight. :( Maybe by October it will be safer to travel?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Nope. Had no trips planned for then, don't plan on making any.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a week in late July near Yellowstone. But for now, it looks like being housebound there or at home? Kinda pointless in the overall scheme of things. We don't even have much enthusiasm to go to the second home. It's more urban- hence more difficult to isolate. (sigh)

Jim

Ellenann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to be at my home resort in Newport, RI in July. It's a Wyndham. Hoping it's going to be okay.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We have a family vacation scheduled for mid-June in a beach house in Florida. That is looking iffy especially since some of the family would be flying in from the NYC area.

We also have a trip scheduled for mid-July in Avon, Colorado. We are hoping there will be an all-clear and we can make that.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that I am in the minority, but I had planned a trip first week in June. Of all places, Seattle. If a plane is flying, I'm going. I can hear the gasps already. Please don't bother to comment if it's only to tell me you disagree. Just answer the question asked in title of message. Thanks in advance.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I know that I am in the minority, but I had planned a trip first week in June. Of all places, Seattle. If a plane is flying, I'm going. I can hear the gasps already. Please don't bother to comment if it's only to tell me you disagree. Just answer the question asked in title of message. Thanks in advance.
We've already cancelled our trip to Seattle which was supposed to be the end of May. One of my concerns was even if we could get there would anything be open by that point.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've already cancelled our trip to Seattle which was supposed to be the end of May. One of my concerns was even if we could get there would anything be open by that point.
I'm going there for the sole purpose of visiting my friend, so it won't matter if things are still locked up. This is my 'escape desert heat' trip.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I'm going there for the sole purpose of visiting my friend, so it won't matter if things are still locked up. This is my 'escape desert heat' trip.
Our trip was no reason except we like Seattle, and I had an Alaska Airlines companion fare that was going to expire in June. So cancelling the trip was not a heart breaker for us.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are scheduled for 2 weeks in Vancouver BC the 2nd half of June. We have are fingers and toes crossed.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week in mid-June in Ventura CA to visit the channel islands. That’s been booked for a while. I do not have flights and don’t plan to buy them anytime soon. I hope I can go but do not expect to be able to.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We have at trip to the Big Island in June and Vegas over memorial which will be cancelled (sigh). If we travel it will be to our second home within driving distance. This will be mainly for maintenance fixes but also "vacation" but not sure what we will be able to do there if restaurants, hiking trails are closed.

Last edited:

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Yes - but travel close to home. That is no different than evey summer as we live in a popular summer tourist destination with great beaches and golf so wedont stray to far in the summer.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We were going to spend 3 weeks in Europe starting 6/12.
Those plans are in shambles, but Delta's silent past 5/31.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have kids/grands in Seattle land, and another who is a road warrier out of Seattle, who flies Alaska Airline weekly. I think they've seen the worst of the infections, so 3 months from now it could be quite possible. Either way if still locked down we'll all be going stir-crazy.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
W were going to spend 3 weeks in Europe starting 6/12.
Those plans are in shambles, but Delta's silent past 5/31.
Similar here. (Ancient (3 weeks ago) history) we were scheduled for a month in/around Italy from mid-June. That ain't happening. But United still has us booked and we're just waiting until they allow cancellations. No fingernails left to chew.

Jim

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We cancelled March and June. Also waiting for United to see if they allow cancellations/no re-booking fees, etc for our June flight to Anchorage (but all cancelled).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I won a two night saty at our Pollard Brook timeshare which is only an hour away from our home. Scheduled for 6/19. Our home resort/weeks in Vermont and NH are for week 30 and 31.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We have a driving trip planed to the Oregon Coast for late May, which I'm reluctant to cancel, if there's a chance it can be salvaged. But if not, I still have a month or so before needing to cancel it. Waiting on that one.

We have plans for a July 4th weekend trip to Southern Utah, which will involve flying Seattle to Las Vegas, and tickets to a Las Vegas show that evening, which has been postponed. Hanging onto that trip too, since it is much more involved to cancel the various parts of that one. It's not terrible if it has to be cancelled, just a PITA to go through it all.

And then the biggie is my three-week "retirement celebration" trip to Hawaii in late August. I'm sitting tight on that one, and hope to still be able to make that one work. Multiple flights, timeshare and car reservations, exchanges, and whatever else are involved. A major hassle if it will need to be cancelled.

Here's hoping things can get back to something closer to normal by then. Not holding out a lot of hope.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, I have to believe your retirement trip will be okay.

Me too! :D

At the end of the day, if it all goes to pieces, then I'll do whatever is needed with whatever I have to work with later on. I just want everyone to come out of this ok.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
And then the biggie is my three-week "retirement celebration" trip to Hawaii in late August. I'm sitting tight on that one, and hope to still be able to make that one work. Multiple flights, timeshare and car reservations, exchanges, and whatever else are involved. A major hassle if it will need to be cancelled.

Here's hoping things can get back to something closer to normal by then. Not holding out a lot of hope.
Hey Dave, If the retirement trip doesn't work, does that mean you're going back to work? Here's hoping that by late Summer the 'All Clear' has been sounded!

Jim

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have June Bahamas booked! Then Europe in July.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I was hoping to go to Chetola at Blowing Rock NC where I own for two weeks mid June. My hopes are diminishing each day that it will happen. Whereas the timeshare portion is still open everything surrounding it (it is within a resort) has been closed down. Currently the timeshare portions is allowing 6 days of staying of the 7. They now need the 7th day for deep cleaning. I am waiting for the email of complete shutdown.