• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who has exchanged into Four Seasons Aviara via Interval?

LyublyuTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to understand the criteria by which people were able to exchange into the Four Seasons Aviara via Interval. If you have exchanged into it, what property did you deposit to do so. I already deposit using Four Seasons Scottsdale but wanted to know how it works with owners at other timeshare systems.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Welk owns quite a few weeks at Aviara and Troon North and Welk owners can trade directly without using interval international. However, I'm pretty confident that if we deposited into II that we would be able to do so.
I know this wasn't an answer 100% to your question but about non-four seasons owners being able to trade in.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LyublyuTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk owns quite a few weeks at Aviara and Troon North and Welk owners can trade directly without using interval international. However, I'm pretty confident that if we deposited into II that we would be able to do so.
I know this wasn't an answer 100% to your question but about non-four seasons owners being able to trade in.

Thanks for sharing!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never actually exchanged there, but I have seen it available in inventory during low season with my Hyatt via Interval International. I've been tempted to stay there, but I always end up booking elsewhere. I have also seen availability with a Worldmark.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Your FS Scottsdale deposit will have priority access to deposits at FS Residence Club at Aviara and Scottsdale before it’s made available to non-FS owners. So what you see online in Interval International for the two FS Residence Club properties may not be viewable to non-owners yet .

FS requires some trading power. It varies based on property/location and/or unit size.

See comments made in these threads

LyublyuTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the information! You guys are a fountain of good knowledge.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are staying there in March using Hyatt

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I booked it using Worldmark (many years back) and have seen it online a few times since.

tonisimo59

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also booked it using Worldmark quite a few years ago during low season— we went the end of February. I got a great trade there the week between Christmas and New Years about 6 years ago on flex time with Ii. It popped up 3 weeks out.
I have also seen it pop up occasionally since, but have not been in the market.

arch53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
I traded in using the Worldmark deposit first method (as opposed to the request first method using credits). I traded for an off season week (late November, early December) one bedroom unit using an off season Worldmark one bedroom unit (WorldMark Seaside week49) which required use of 5,000 credits to deposit into II. The trade was in 2018 but I have seen the resort off season weeks somewhat often although usually not 2 bedroom units. The resort was very nice but we actually liked Newport Coast Villas in Orange County a good bit more because it is closer to the ocean.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Just stayed there (mid-January 2021). I used a Marriott studio unit to trade into a 1BR at Four Seasons Aviara, and then was able to use ePlus to upgrade that to a 2BR during Flexchange. Normally, this probably would not have been possible, but I'm sure that a shortage of travelers due to Covid-19 helped.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We traded last year right before the Pandemic in Feb using Hyatt

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I just traded into there with an Sheraton Vistana Villages 1 BR platinum, end of September 2021.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.

I have stayed there using my Welk ownership. Nice resort. Welk does not have any high season summer weeks. I have not tried to stay there using my Vistana ownership via II.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I just booked using studio SDO. I tried prior w/ our WDW but availability was limited for 2bdrm.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Do you have to pay resort fees when trading in through Interval?

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pay resort fees when trading in through Interval?
No resort fees for me through Interval trade.

I stayed both at Aviara and Troon N during the last year and was not charged for any resort fees for either stay.