• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

White Tree - White Lights

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This year DD wanted a white Christmas tree. We have a nice almost-real one (quite a concession for me because I far prefer the real thing), but we figured it'd be ok to have a bit of a change :) .

I got an inexpensive white tree (hey, if it's obviously fake, what the heck!), which is supposedly 6' tall. Well, unless DD is 6'6" tall, which she isn't, it isn't.....and it's quite a bit skinnier than the picture on the box......I got what I paid for.

So the kids put together the tree, and DH upended the contents of the storeroom (complaining the whole time) to get the lights and ornaments.

We unwrapped the lights - Ooops - Green Wires on a White Tree? Won't that look strange? Is there such a thing as lights with white wires :confused: ?

Off to the 'net to see if there is such a thing (yup), who carries it locally (??) and are they still open Sunday night.

DD and DH went out to forage for an open store that carried lights with white wires, and my phone began to ring. How many lights? How many strings? Multicolored lights? Clear? All Blue? All Red? Aaaarghhhhh!

They came back with an assortment of lights from different stores, and we decided to go with clear lights. We needed two strings - fortunately they had bought two sets, one at each store (don't ask me why, I wasn't there! :shrug: ).

We strung them (by this time Santa's not-very-helpful teenage elves were asleep), plugged them in, and guess what - the bottom half of the tree is brighter than the top half, because the ones from WalMart are brighter than the ones from Target! :eek:

There's always something. Now we have to decide whether to unstring them and go shopping for another set that (we hope) will be the same. Probably we will just put up the ornaments and hope it isn't noticeable. Or if it is, what the heck! :wave:

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, you want a purrrrfect tree, or what? Check whether the bulbs are switchable... put some of the brights up and the dims, down.

Or take one string back and replace that by another like-strand from the proper store.

If you can see it, imagine the thoughts of others when you try explaining, "Yeah we know, but what the heck".

I can't even see your tree and I care!!!!! :confused:

Do it right.... you have to enjoy it!!

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, you want a purrrrfect tree, or what? Check wether the bulbs are switchable... put some of the brights up and the dims, down.

Or take one string back and replace that by another like-strand from the proper store.

If you can see it, imagine the thoughts of others when you try explaining, "Yeah we know, but what the heck".

I can't even see your tree and I care!!!!! :confused:

Do it right.... you have to enjoy it!!

Good points - and thanks for the suggestion: I'm going to try swapping some bulbs before bothering with another shopping trip.