• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

White Mts. area resorts

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
4 adults planning our annual fall trip, decided on the White Mts., NH this year (someplace different every year), 10/5-10/11/23. Suggestions on a great resort, things to do, etc. Already have a wish list for Cathedral Lodge but wondering if there is any others that someone may suggest instead. Opinions, comments, suggestions, etc appreciated.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, the time period you are looking at is the one of the highest demand time periods to go to the White Mountains, over Columbus Day weekend. Honestly, at this point is may be a take what you can get, if you can even find a time share for that period, it will be hard and even if you find one, it won't cover your entire stay as I don't believe any of the resorts up there have a Thursday start (I could be wrong). If you can switch it to 10/8 start then you may be lucky and find something with a Sunday start. Columbus day weekend is insane, with major traffic jams. Then it all goes away on Monday. Would you be looking at RCI or II?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Columbus Day weekend is a tough time. There are a few timeshares that do points (Eastern Slope Inn and the Attitash resorts come to mind) so a Thursday start might be easier to do there. BUT, I agree with mdurette...take what you can find. Cathedral Ledge is an older resort, but one of the most spacious that I've come across. The location is great. Any of the resorts at Attitash would be nice. They are in Bartlett...out of the fray of North Conway, and would be my preference. Then there are several resorts in Lincoln, NH that would be fine as well. Keep asking questions as you have them. There are several of us who frequent that area and we'd be happy to help!

Brett

Reaction score
4 adults planning our annual fall trip, decided on the White Mts., NH this year (someplace different every year), 10/5-10/11/23. Suggestions on a great resort, things to do, etc. Already have a wish list for Cathedral Lodge but wondering if there is any others that someone may suggest instead. Opinions, comments, suggestions, etc appreciated.

under "things to do" - https://kancamagushighway.com
and https://www.conwayscenic.com/

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I live in NH. I prefer Lincoln/ Woodstock as it’s more central to everything. As others have stated, it’s a tough time of year to get an exchange reservation. You might have more luck just renting- retail. Lots of non timeshare resorts as well. ( Indian Head is one). But they book quickly.

As for timeshares-Innseason Pollard Brook ( where we own), South Mountain, in Lincoln. Loon also, but not as nice. On the other side in North Conway ( lovely town, which will be super crowded then) is Eastern Slope Inn- also a timeshare.

To do: all the stops along the Kanc Highway. Franconia Notch- The Flume, The Basin, the Old Man in the Mountain Park, Echo Lake in Franconia Notch. Lost River Gorge. Visit beautiful Sugar Hill. Crawford Notch area. Pinkham Notch. The Mt Washington Valley and historic Omni Mt Washington Hotel. The Cog railway to the summit of Mt Washington. There’s a lot to do outdoors. Hiking, kayaking, swimming. Town of Littleton is worth a drive.

In Lincoln there is a nice visitor center right off the exit with tons of information.

Hope you get something. Good luck.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
In OCTOBER 2019 we did our "Vermont/NH Fall trip".....(Two hotels with bookend 2-night stays in Boston at Marriott's Custom House).
In Boston we rented a car and drove north. After the two stays as listed below, we drove back to Boston.

Stayed at Woodstock, VT's Woodstock Inn for 4 nights, one of the most charming and wonderful stays we've ever had. Still talk about that.
(Might be tied for our favorite with a resort in NC....Grove Park Inn.)
Photos:

We then drove to Bretton Woods NH's Omni Mount Washington Resort Hotel and stayed 4 more nights.....
It's a grand old hotel, gorgeous and breathtaking views. Expensive but a real treat....unforgettable.

Photos:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah - The Mount Washington is impressive. Many moons ago, when they first reopened for winter use we use to get awesome ski deals there, I remember them well. $199 a night, included skiiing, huge breakfast buffet and main dining room dinner. The Bretton Arms Inn on the same property is also very charming and we have stayed there alot. But, now you are correct, alot of money. We will still stop in though while in the area for lunch or a cockail and snacks in in the lobby!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Yeah - The Mount Washington is impressive. Many moons ago, when they first reopened for winter use we use to get awesome ski deals there, I remember them well. $199 a night, included skiiing, huge breakfast buffet and main dining room dinner. The Bretton Arms Inn on the same property is also very charming and we have stayed there alot. But, now you are correct, alot of money. We will still stop in though while in the area for lunch or a cockail and snacks in in the lobby!

The sunset views in October from the Veranda at Omni Mt. Washington Resort are spectacular......they happen each day at precisely X:YY pm,
and everybody knows the time,
so the crowd is there awaiting with mouths already propped open. It's always better than expected, tho, and you'll hear a lot of gasps.
As the sun passes over the mountainside, the colors change drastically every minute as shown, from orange to purple
as the angle of the sun changes, thereby reflecting the peculiar foliage colors differently.
My pictures HAVE NOT been changed or enhanced.....these colors are EXACTLY what you see....... and I'll agree, they're almost surreal.

1677176773153.png

1677177606818.png

1677176801969.png

1677176840882.png

1677177314915.png

Brett

Reaction score
The sunset views in October from the Veranda at Omni Mt. Washington Resort are spectacular......they happen each day at precisely X:YY pm,
and everybody knows the time,
so the crowd is there awaiting with mouths already propped open. It's always better than expected, tho, and you'll hear a lot of gasps.
As the sun passes over the mountainside, the colors change drastically every minute as shown, from orange to purple
as the angle of the sun changes, thereby reflecting the peculiar foliage colors differently.
My pictures HAVE NOT been changed or enhanced.....these colors are EXACTLY what you see....... and I'll agree, they're almost surreal.

View attachment 73490

and you don't need to have room reservations, anyone can stop by and sit on the back deck at the historic Mount Washington Hotel.